Dogs internal dramas not to blame: Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Star playmaker Moses Mbye has refuted suggestions internal strife was to blame for Canterbury's meek exit from the NRL premiership race.

The Bulldogs slipped out the finals back door on Sunday in their elimination-final defeat to Penrith - their fourth-successive loss.

And on-field frustration boiled over, not for the first time this year, when Mbye colourfully remonstrated with hooker Michael Lichaa as the Dogs desperately pressed for a late comeback.

It was the second time this year Lichaa had been involved in a heated on-field debate. Mbye's halves partner Josh Reynolds also found himself in the headlines for the wrong reasons after wildly gesticulating at Lichaa earlier this year in a match against the Warriors.

But Moses is adamant everything is OK at Belmore.

"It's all sweet," he told AAP

"My spray at Lichaa was just a bit of frustration coming out. We were down , the window to win that game was getting smaller and smaller obviously and I wanted the pill and didn't get it.

"It was just something in the heat of the moment.

"But me and Lichaa are best mates. We are fine now. It was just one of those things."

Coach Des Hasler, who has been involved in the last 12 finals series, has copped plenty of heat for the Dogs' late-season slide. But Mbye said the players were behind Hasler.

"If you are not winning games, people are going to say what you are doing is wrong," Mbye said.

"We put all our trust in Des. His resume speaks for itself. He is a quality coach and the boys are really happy with him.

"But if he wants to tinker around in the off-season with how we play, that is what he will do."

Mbye, who was selected midweek in Mal Meninga's PM's XIII, wasn't worried by the avalanche of criticism that had come his way either.

"The criticism is always going to be there," he said.

"I am in a position where you are responsible for a lot of the game and, when we are dropping games, I am going to get criticised. I expected that and it was something that didn't really faze me.

"Overall, I thought my year was good - I really enjoyed my football. I learned a lot out of the year I didn't know last year and I am really excited about moving forward into next season."

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Mbye's attitude is no different to our CEO's...."Oh well, I will get criticised and I don't care".
No wonder we can't win shit.
Main thing is we are making the finals and we are making plenty of $$$.....the rest is meh.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In other words Mbye is saying " Meh, I dont give a fuck what others think , I trust in Des"

Des's delusional idiot.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too bad he didn't learn to kick for goal, penalty, any form of short or long kicking game, take control of a game, combine with his halves partner, etc

But yeh he still learnt a lot ????

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did alright for his first year full-time in 1st Grade, didn't set the world on fire but showed glimpses of his ability. With the right gameplan he could become a lot better

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he wants to be the complete player for us he needs to be involved 100% of the time not for ten minutes here or there. He needs to learn a lot more if he wants to be the player to lead our side around like most of the other NRL clubs half backs do. I wonder just what it was that he learned this year that was different to last year? Has played 57 games of first grade in three years a lot more than some of the young boom players that made their debut this year but played a lot better than him.

With a bit of luck next year he will be allowed to play some off the cuff footy rather than the structured rubbish of this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets be honest.. as if he's going to come out (or be allowed to come out) in the mainstream media and blast the coach and his fellow players.

Absolutely nothing article this one.

Reactions: DT

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Lets be honest.. as if he's going to come out (or be allowed to come out) in the mainstream media and blast the coach and his fellow players.

Absolutely nothing article this one.
True. But when you're payed the sort of money he is on, you don't say it doesn't faze me. You need to choose words better. I'll try and better myself next season, or I'm trying hard to work on my game. Not, it doesn't faze me. It should faze him.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Bad enough having delusional people in positions of authority but the players as well? This is exactly why the club is up the shits creek without a paddle.

Reaction score
"My spray at Lichaa was just a bit of frustration coming out... I wanted the pill and didn't get it..."

corey norman would be like, call me bro

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine how good mybe will play for Ma niggas XIII. Definitely gonna watch it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He did alright for his first year full-time in 1st Grade, didn't set the world on fire but showed glimpses of his ability. With the right gameplan he could become a lot better
As a halfback Mybe is a longway behind Cleary and Ash Taylor and they have a lot less 1st grade.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In other words Mbye is saying " Meh, I dont give a fuck what others think , I trust in Des"

Des's delusional idiot.
So you'd bag your boss out when being asked questions by the national media?

Thats pretty great.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you'd bag your boss out when being asked questions by the national media?

Thats pretty great.
atleast i wont feed the media bullshit.

I will say something along the line that we will try to improve next year, not insulting the common sense of the general fans telling them "fuck we are awsome you dont know and we dont give a shit what you think" thats the height of arrogance when the team is already under achieving considering the dollars spent on the coaching staff and facilities.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Star playmaker Moses Mbye has refuted suggestions internal strife was to blame for Canterbury's meek exit from the NRL premiership race.

The Bulldogs slipped out the finals back door on Sunday in their elimination-final defeat to Penrith - their fourth-successive loss.

And on-field frustration boiled over, not for the first time this year, when Mbye colourfully remonstrated with hooker Michael Lichaa as the Dogs desperately pressed for a late comeback.

It was the second time this year Lichaa had been involved in a heated on-field debate. Mbye's halves partner Josh Reynolds also found himself in the headlines for the wrong reasons after wildly gesticulating at Lichaa earlier this year in a match against the Warriors.

But Moses is adamant everything is OK at Belmore.

"It's all sweet," he told AAP

"My spray at Lichaa was just a bit of frustration coming out. We were down , the window to win that game was getting smaller and smaller obviously and I wanted the pill and didn't get it.

"It was just something in the heat of the moment.

"But me and Lichaa are best mates. We are fine now. It was just one of those things."

Coach Des Hasler, who has been involved in the last 12 finals series, has copped plenty of heat for the Dogs' late-season slide. But Mbye said the players were behind Hasler.

"If you are not winning games, people are going to say what you are doing is wrong," Mbye said.

"We put all our trust in Des. His resume speaks for itself. He is a quality coach and the boys are really happy with him.

"But if he wants to tinker around in the off-season with how we play, that is what he will do."

Mbye, who was selected midweek in Mal Meninga's PM's XIII, wasn't worried by the avalanche of criticism that had come his way either.

"The criticism is always going to be there," he said.

"I am in a position where you are responsible for a lot of the game and, when we are dropping games, I am going to get criticised. I expected that and it was something that didn't really faze me.

"Overall, I thought my year was good - I really enjoyed my football. I learned a lot out of the year I didn't know last year and I am really excited about moving forward into next season."
Des' resume is the biggest myth in the Nrl, he had a quality side that should have contended for the title in 2008, 2011 and had the best player in the game to win the minor premiership in 2012. And his always had a decent team other than the early days to coach so the 12 finals in a row mean nothing.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol he has had 3 years in first grade.
look at cleary killled on his first, Mbye is not as good as we thing or hoped
sorry i meant first full year in his preferred position, if ash taylor and nathan cleary were forced to play hooker, centre, five-eighth and halfback for 3 years i don't think they would be too settled either. His development couldve been a lot quicker if not for changing his style of play every 3 games

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a halfback Mybe is a longway behind Cleary and Ash Taylor and they have a lot less 1st grade.
They have also been playing the position longer before coming to 1st grade. I think it's great Mbye wants and demands the ball. That has been of his weaknesses IMO this year. I'd love for him to play on both sides of the field and really be our onfield general.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
And they have hookers who aren't shit scared of their props , gotta get the ball to do anything with it , the critisism directed at Moses in my opinion is unfair should be directed at the 9,8 & 10 oh and des's shit style of play

Status
Not open for further replies.