Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Panthers will lose premiership-winning prop James Fisher-Harris at the end of the 2025 season and reportedly already have a target in mind to replace him.

The SMH is reporting Tigers star Stefano Utoikamanu is atop their list of candidates to fill Fisher-Harris’ shoes at the foot of the mountain.

Penrith powerbrokers have reportedly already enquired about Utoikamanu’s contract status, with a clause in his deal that could see him leave Leichhardt.

He’s free to leave if the Tigers fail to make the top eight in 2024, however he will have to stay at the club if he plays another two Origin games this year.

The Panthers have reportedly already held internal conversations about attempting to lure Utoikamanu to the club, having the same manager as assistant Ben Gardner.

The Bulldogs and Storm are also reportedly interested in the one-game NSW player’s services.

The news comes after Fisher-Harris’ confirmed departure shocked the rugby league world, signing a four-year deal with the Warriors.

The Panthers confirmed he approached the club with a desire to return home to New Zealand earlier this week.

The 28-year-old has previously won three premierships with the Panthers and earned the International Rugby League’s (IRL) Golden Boot award in 2023.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Utoikamanu is the form prop of the comp. I wonder whether McGuire will pick him and help the club who sacked him retain Steffano?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith will be rebuilding shortly. Too many leaving with experience.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’ll play more than two games this year in origin. Been playing really good football

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dream signing for us

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Panthers couldn’t afford to offer as much as others surely. I get the attraction, play alongside Leota and have Cleary guiding the ship. Yet cash talks, you’d have to assume we could offer an extra 100K per year minimum.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers couldn’t afford to offer as much as others surely. I get the attraction, play alongside Leota and have Cleary guiding the ship. Yet cash talks, you’d have to assume we could offer an extra 100K per year minimum.
I think we've shown over the years we ain't willing to do that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we’ve shown we won’t pay silly overs. Yet if he’s worth a certain figure that Penrith can’t match, I’d expect us to offer true value.
Panther will offer him what he's worth if they want him. They've just let go a prop on 1m.

Reactions: ATT