Does anyone have any Ideas?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I have some ideas.

How about we accept that our player talent is not up to NRL standard and that we will have many changes in 2022. These results do not reflect where we will be come this time next year.

How about we accept this year is not even a rebuild year and 15 players coming off contract don't have it in them knowing they won't be around. You can't coach those mentalities out of them as knowingly their future's will not be at the Dogs next year?

How about we stick together with the coach and club to show our solidarity instead of sooking and asking for sackings?

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The opportunity to sign Holbrook was lost when in 2019 after 5 rounds with 1 win and 4 heavy losses the previous administration hill Lynn & co decided to reward Pay with a fucking contract extension fir 2020. Another brilliant decision.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are being forged in the fires of Mount Doom. We should be the better for it by the second half of the season.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Been a long time since I've posted so be gentle. Haven't posted for zonks but needed somewhere to vent :grinning:
Forwards - apart from turfing Katoa, thought they did ok. Poked the nose through a few times but got zip out of it (read Katoa).
Halves - have to straighten the attack. Too much running across field and allowing the defense to slide. As mentioned by others, need to be smarter with the kicking game too.
Backs - move hoppa to fullback. Offensively, our FB is a passenger. Hoppa has his flaws but at least knows where he needs to be. Allan showed against the broncs he has no idea as a FB, Meaney is too slow and Cotric cannot catch. If the FB isn't making up the extra man in the line, the rest is a foregone conclusion (and see halves which would make life easier out there)

And get some old dogs guys in there to remind these boys of the pride in the jersey. We might get hammered but I'm sick to death of watching the Mitchells and Normans of this world rubbing our nose in it. I'm all in on a 8 week suspension for someone to say, you can beat us but if you think you can humiliate us - get yourself a good dental surgeon.

Overall, new team, combinations aren't working (yet hopefully) and tbf - thought this game was widened due to some shite reffing (as opposed to the Broncs where we were just shite). Not normally one to complain about reffing but ffs - the list of one sided crap in that game was extraordinary.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m no footy expert and maybe it’s too early to say but after 4 straight losses and a full pre season to prepare it might be time for baz to rethink the processes he has tried to implement with this group of players. Maybe they just don’t work with this mob. So the way I see it he has 3 choices. He can continue doing the same and hope they click and there’s a turnaround midway through the season. Or he can change the processes dumb it down a bit go back to basics and let the players play their natural game. Or he can recruit players who he knows can play the way he wants them to play.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sack Barrett and hire an experienced first grade coach to lead us out of this mess.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are being forged in the fires of Mount Doom. We should be the better for it by the second half of the season.
When you roast a ripe turd in the fires of Mt Doom you get a nasty burnt waft in the 2nd half of the season. The only positive this season can provide is the blooding of kids like Topine. Each game reinforces my opinion that, of the 15 going at seasons end, only 2 or 3 would be retained as injury backup. We have so many non nrl players running out each week it hurts watching them play in our colors.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the post game presser baz said he knows what the problem with the attack is but did not want to discuss with the journos. When they asked him if it was something that could be fixed easily he said “No it’s not an easy fix”. In another part of the presser baz hinted that the club needs to recruit to address the problems. He said “we will sort that out with what we do and who we recruit and the style of football we want to play”. I keep coming back to thinking this group of players can’t play the way baz wants them to play and he’s going to need to get more troops. Doesn’t mean our current players are not good footballers but they’re not fitting in with the structures that baz is implementing. Anyway that’s just my opinion.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have no clue how this gets fixed.
each year it feels like its gotten progressivley worse than the previous year since we last made the GF.
Serious options please, not a vent thread about players/coach.
It would be interesting to see a selection of Kennel posters be installed as coaching staff for a week. After the inevitable flogging, first thing we’d hear is it’s Barrett’s fault, then Pay’s.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Ryan Sutton off contract this year?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recruitment. We need more speed. Sign Dufty, Staggs, a quality Hooker and big prop and off the back of Burton , fox and flano the points will come

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In the post game presser baz said he knows what the problem with the attack is but did not want to discuss with the journos. When they asked him if it was something that could be fixed easily he said “No it’s not an easy fix”. In another part of the presser baz hinted that the club needs to recruit to address the problems. He said “we will sort that out with what we do and who we recruit and the style of football we want to play”. I keep coming back to thinking this group of players can’t play the way baz wants them to play and he’s going to need to get more troops. Doesn’t mean our current players are not good footballers but they’re not fitting in with the structures that baz is implementing. Anyway that’s just my opinion.
But Allan was dropped from fullback after 3 rounds and he's a Baz signing on decent money. We can't afford many F ups like that, otherwise we're here for another 2-3 years.