Does anyone at the club realise how bad mbye is playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's irrelevant. Raelene castle instilled a 'diversity points' are more valuable than winning points in a game. Hence Moses mbye coming under no fire from the club nor being dropped.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If the figures thrown about what he is getting paid are true he is getting supported very well .
Its like hes getting judge wages doing work for the dole
Yeh i cant feel too sorry for him, hes getting experienced halves pay, and hes not a half. Maybe a 6 at a stretch. Def not a 7. Financially hes being overcompensated. But as a player, i agree with Alzz. He isnt being supported or used properly, and is probably an excellent footballer in another position. Des just must have him at 7 for some reason nobody else sees, and it isnt doing his football development any good. Another club wouldnt pay $500k for Mbye right now. Its up to Des to get the moneys worth out of Mbye, and he would be worth more to the team out of the halves imo.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Sam Burgess had a great quote on 360 when talking about champion players.

When asked what makes a champion player he went through the usual plaudits. Great trainer great attitude etc etc.

But at the very end he added "There are players who are on a million dollars off the field but on it they scrap for every penny"

This is my biggest disappointment with Mbye. Especially considering his hero or the player he wants to emulate is Thurston, who is the epitomy of scrapping for every penny.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I remember yesterday when he cleaned the ball up from outside our line and ran it back. Broke a couple of tackles and looked great. He should have a crack at FB!
Not sure how he goes under he high ball, and he does get dominated in tackles without help.

At fullback he'd forever be getting picked up by chasers and carried back in goal.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Burgess had a great quote on 360 when talking about champion players.

When asked what makes a champion player he went through the usual plaudits. Great trainer great attitude etc etc.

But at the very end he added "There are players who are on a million dollars off the field but on it they scrap for every penny"

This is my biggest disappointment with Mbye. Especially considering his hero or the player he wants to emulate is Thurston, who is the epitomy of scrapping for every penny.
Great Quote.

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mbye would be a great fullback he is fast has a passing game and doesn't need a kicking game because he doesn't have one!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not sure how he goes under he high ball, and he does get dominated in tackles without help.

At fullback he'd forever be getting picked up by chasers and carried back in goal.
Yeah not sure how he goes under the high ball but their has been heaps of smaller FB's in the games history. I think he would excel with the extra space on kick returns.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's in such bad form even when he chooses to run he gets smashed and that's his strength

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty clear by now that he lacks in a few areas required of a halfback. He excels in other areas where less responsibility could see him thrive. Great ball runner, good passing game are his main strengths. He's not great under pressure though and he sets his mind on one option where he should be plotting two or three different actions when he gets the ball.

A good half always has a few options up his sleeve. First is to run the ball (which he can do well). Second is to look like he's going to run it to draw defenders so he can pop a will timed pass to put a team mate in a position to run with less opposition defense (he needs to work on this, right now he hit potatoes it letting the defense slide without having to think). And a solid kicking game is also required which in my opinion allows them to basically roll the dice and give a few players the chance to recover the ball, score or force the opposition to recover the ball in a dangerous position or kill the play and turn the ball back over to us to attack again. This is his second main weakness.

I think that he would become a reasonable half if he learned to draw players in and pass when they're committed to tackling him. It shouldn't be too hard to develop that past of his game really. Not sure why he hasn't already. The kicking side of his game will take more time, but truthfully not every player can kick like a quality half.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs more tools in his arsenal. I for one love the "shape to kick but pass" thing. He also needs to play chess. Things like constantly going to a player, but at the 30th minute, doing something different, catching the defence off guard.
Part of it is structure.. would love to have runners hit the hole with him. Engage the line and have 2 or 3 options with you.

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
He played well at hooker when Reynolds and frawls where at 6 and 7 that's his position get rid of liccha problem solved in the halves that is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh id be v happy with 6 Foran 7 Frawley 9 Mbye next year.

For all we know Lichaa's problem might be the same as Mbye's. Decent player in the wrong position.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind the idea of mbye playing there but i understand why des won't. Its a huge risk to just chuck a player with no experience in the position that requires him to cover a lot of ground, be in the right position, be good under the high ball. We all saw that abbey wasn't quite up to it in those few games and he plays there every week. Hoppa doesn't quite have the speed but he barely ever drops a ball or is out of position

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I remember yesterday when he cleaned the ball up from outside our line and ran it back. Broke a couple of tackles and looked great. He should have a crack at FB!
Thurston makes those efforts to get back just in case every week. He is so quick at reading the game that he anticipates a line break and is invariably the first person there in cover defence.

If he is not leading the charge in attack, he is always in a position if needed.

If he takes a hit while taking the ball to the line, he will be right back on his feet, still barking orders and setting up the next play.

Few players display that type of energy and Mbye will never have it untill he truly loves the game.

Look how pissed JT gets at crucial moments in a game. Josh Reynolds has it but he doesnt have the skill level and has a harder time getting the most out of his energy.

Alot of the best players say they are always nervous before a game. The bigger the occasion the bigger the nerves. If you are not nervous, you dont care about the result etc etc.

These players can utilise adrenaline throughout the game whereas most are relying on fitness levels.

Long story short, It wont matter where you put the littke prick until he gets nervous and act like he gives a fuck that we were 14th on the ladder half way through the season. Only then will we see him justify his pay packet even inspite of his very ordinary kicking game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thurston makes those efforts to get back just in case every week. He is so quick at reading the game that he anticipates a line break and is invariably the first person there in cover defence.

If he is not leading the charge in attack, he is always in a position if needed.

If he takes a hit while taking the ball to the line, he will be right back on his feet, still barking orders and setting up the next play.

Few players display that type of energy and Mbye will never have it untill he truly loves the game.

Look how pissed JT gets at crucial moments in a game. Josh Reynolds has it but he doesnt have the skill level and has a harder time getting the most out of his energy.

Alot of the best players say they are always nervous before a game. The bigger the occasion the bigger the nerves. If you are not nervous, you dont care about the result etc etc.

These players can utilise adrenaline throughout the game whereas most are relying on fitness levels.

Long story short, It wont matter where you put the littke prick until he gets nervous and act like he gives a fuck that we were 14th on the ladder half way through the season. Only then will we see him justify his pay packet even inspite of his very ordinary kicking game.
From what I can tell every player we have other than Jackson is on that list so he is not alone. The problem that needs solving is putting him in a position that actually benefits the team and gives his abilities the best chance of helping said team. He is a FB, Centre or Hooker nothing else.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is that desmond thinks hes doing great pfffft fucking kill me now

Status
Not open for further replies.