Do you remember these companies?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Ansett. When I moved across (QANTAS) to another state on Christmas Day. Ansett had just gone into Administration and all passengers were left stranded. I know this because the public were asking QANTAS as an act of goodwill to give up any empty seats so Ansett passengers could get home, but QANTAS said no. I kid you not - the QANTAS plane I was in was almost empty when we took off. I thought that was terrible. So much for goodwill from QANTAS. Could've done this and found longer term customers.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Mick Simmons sports store on George St.
I remember getting paid cash every Thursday and heading straight there.
A few months ago I went to a smaller shop version (they must've downsized - but still on George Street) and bought a Bulldogs pair of training shorts - $70 I think. Not cheap - but I wanted the authentic version. Was on holidays from interstate. If I had more time, I would've looked around for a cheaper price.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember being that naive that I read a news paper clipping (Framed inside glass) inside the Spaghetti Sellers train, stating that spaghetti was grown on a Spaghetti tree. Yes silly I know, but back then - the story looked legitimate.
Ha. I was very early teens when I went, can barely remember it. I did know I enjoyed the experience and always wanted to go back but never did.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I remember Ansett. When I moved across (QANTAS) to another state on Christmas Day. Ansett had just gone into Administration and all passengers were left stranded. I know this because the public were asking QANTAS as an act of goodwill to give up any empty seats so Ansett passengers could get home, but QANTAS said no. I kid you not - the QANTAS plane I was in was almost empty when we took off. I thought that was terrible. So much for goodwill from QANTAS. Could've done this and found longer term customers.
Fuck Qantas, so many reasons they are shit *****.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few months ago I went to a smaller shop version (they must've downsized - but still on George Street) and bought a Bulldogs pair of training shorts - $70 I think. Not cheap - but I wanted the authentic version. Was on holidays from interstate. If I had more time, I would've looked around for a cheaper price.
You could have gone to Best & Less which is located nearby.
Nice pair of footy shorts for $12.99-not authentic but will last about 3 washes.