Do we get cooper Cronk or Kieran Foran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You have an active imagination. You should write fiction. Whatever he felt about the club, his persona; issues are well documented....as is the fact he fronted our board last year....

Cronk didn't know Melbourne was cheating the cap, but he stiuck around anyway, because he has integrity, is not the type to let his teammates down and doesn't carry Foran's kind of baggage.

I don't believe for a second that Foran's disappearing act last year had anything to do with the cap breach. Cap breach or not, if you sign on as captain you show professionalism.

If Foran has serious mental issues I do feel for him, but no fucking way should he be allowed to rebuild himself here. We've suffered enough.
No son, your going on half told story's that suit your agenda. I'm calling it as it is. How do you know Cronk wasn't aware of Storm
Cheating? They were getting free boats ffs. Can't assume one and deny next bud. Reality here is you dislike Foran and have your opinions, though you are saying all the negative as fact, claiming things unproven and yet completely different on the other side. Being honest I don't care if Cronk was getting free boats I'd take him
In a heart beat. Though can't have it both ways. Foran mental issues over his separation would be exactly the same for majority of blokes. Look no further to see how Cronk
Is leaving the storm for a women. Imagine if they split up... lastly it isn't speculation it's fact, Foran wanted a clause re the board or club going into any turmoil or issues, done cheating the cap is a clear one. Imagine he would of been pretty gutted losing his wife, being injured and finding out the club he joined is cheating and shedding half the good players like paulo, peats and his good mate choc was forced into retirement. fair suck of the sav son!

Last edited:

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No son, your going on half told story's that suit your agenda. I'm calling it as it is. How do you know Cronk wasn't aware of Storm
Cheating? They were getting free boats ffs. Can't assume one and deny next bud. Reality here is you dislike Foran and have your opinions, though you are saying all the negative as fact, claiming things unproven and yet completely different on the other side. Being honest I don't care if Cronk was getting free boats I'd take him
In a heart beat. Though can't have it both ways. Foran mental issues over his separation would be exactly the same for majority of blokes. Look no further to see how Cronk
Is leaving the storm for a women. Imagine if they split up... lastly it isn't speculation it's fact, Foran wanted a clause re the board or club going into any turmoil or issues, done cheating the cap is a clear one. Imagine he would of been pretty gutted losing his wife, being injured and finding out the club he joined is cheating and shedding half the good players like paulo, peats and his good mate choc was forced into retirement. fair suck of the sav son!
Im sure you have one above your bed, but just in case, this one's for you bud

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good story bud. Personal spank bank?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here is my way of dealing with the issue.
1. I would sign Cronk for 1 year and M. Moses from the tigers, Moses plays 6 while learning from one of the best how to polish his game as a 7, to offset their payments we offer Cronk a well paid coaching job after football, or we can bring in Moses and Foran at 6 and7. (we probably lose more players as a result)
2. Unfortunately Lichaa has to go if his passing game does not improve.
3. Depending on what happens in other positions Mbye is an option in 1, 3, 9, and even 6 if we don't get Moses.
4. My favorite Reynolds should be the supper sub, could destroy opponents coming of the bench.
5. Woods is not needed if we keep our forwards especially at the price that's mentioned.
6. Tedesco, can we take a $ 1.2 ml gamble on injuries prone player even though we hear he is over the injuries ?
In saying all that does any one know what Hasler is planning ?

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is leaving the storm for a women. Imagine if they split up... fair suck of the sav son!
I have no agenda. I just have enough bloody common sense to tell me flirting with the idea of signing with someone who has as much mental baggage as Foran and has been linked to match fixing is absolutely insanity.

One thing I'm pretty sure of; Cronk's teammates if asked would say he is a professional who always gives his all for the team....noyt so sure you'd get the same responses if you asked Foran's ex Parra teammates about them.

Cronk has played top quality footy and been drama free in terms of off field incidents his whole career and everybody who works with him raves about him and what a good bloke he is.

And lol at your ridiculous attempt to spin his selfless decision to move interstate so he could be with his fiance and allow her to keep focusing on her career....after over a decade of loyal; service to his club....just lol.

I don't know what's more ridiculous. Your attempts to undersell the dramas surrounding Foran or your attempts to compare him to one of the games most respected, professional and well liked players.

Anyway, that's it. I'm done. I have better things to do than continue this argument.

I think signing Foran is a ridiculous idea. Hopefully our board thinks so too after meeting him and reportedly being unimpressed last year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have no agenda. I just have enough bloody common sense to tell me flirting with the idea of signing with someone who has as much mental baggage as Foran and has been linked to match fixing is absolutely insanity.

One thing I'm pretty sure of; Cronk's teammates if asked would say he is a professional who always gives his all for the team....noyt so sure you'd get the same responses if you asked Foran's ex Parra teammates about them.

Cronk has played top quality footy and been drama free in terms of off field incidents his whole career and everybody who works with him raves about him and what a good bloke he is.

And lol at your ridiculous attempt to spin his selfless decision to move interstate so he could be with his fiance and allow her to keep focusing on her career....after over a decade of loyal; service to his club....just lol.

I don't know what's more ridiculous. Your attempts to undersell the dramas surrounding Foran or your attempts to compare him to one of the games most respected, professional and well liked players.

Anyway, that's it. I'm done. I have better things to do than continue this argument.

I think signing Foran is a ridiculous idea. Hopefully our board thinks so too after meeting him and reportedly being unimpressed last year.
So in essence what you want to
Believe is Fact even with no proof and anything that is against your feelings is ridiculous. Got ya lol. Funniest part is you think Cronk and co weren't aware they were cheating. Makes
Me Think of that boat add. Anyhow you stick to your half truths I'll stick with the whole story. Also never been said our board was unimpressed infact some here say we wanted him Badly. Another suitable One for your agenda! Keep it up bud! All I
Hope is we land a gun half be it Cronk or Foran I don't care

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So in essence what you want to
Believe is Fact even with no proof and anything that is against your feelings is ridiculous. Got ya lol. Funniest part is you think Cronk and co weren't aware they were cheating. Makes
Me Think of that boat add. Anyhow you stick to your half truths I'll stick with the whole story. Also never been said our board was unimpressed infact some here say we wanted him Badly. Another suitable One for your agenda! Keep it up bud! All I
Hope is we land a gun half be it Cronk or Foran I don't care
Ugh. I did not use the word fact once in my last response to you and have said in several comments you have your right to your opinion, my opinion is your opinion is fucking stupid! Don't know how much clearer I can be.

So I'm dealing in half truths and you are looking st the whole story? Yes, the whole story according to Foran's own bloody PR department. :p

If you think you have the whole story, whoever wrote the book was on crack.

Now honestly, we will never agree and I have better things to do than carry on a circular argument. If you want yo carry this argument through further, I'm afraid you'll be arguing with yourself.

I have wasted enough time and energy talking about Foran for one day.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For me and what I'm aware of... it is more likely than not that Foran (at some stage) dabled in something he shouldn't have. He might have moved on since. He might have been smart enough to get away with it. He may never do something like that again. Probably won't. You would have to be an idiot. But I can't help but think it's best to avoid. Therefore Cronk for the win. I wouldn't spend the 1.5mill that has been suggested though. No. Way. Even a flat 1million is slightly concerning for someone pushing mid 30's

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran will not be coming to the dogs.

0.00000% chance. He had his chance last time and backed off when clauses were put into his contract.

The club drew a line through his name and he is blacklisted at the dogs.

As far as recruitment goes, Hoppa and Lichaa definitely wont be re-signed, and it's touch and go with Reynolds (all comes down to the contract figure)

Woods has been signed and there is a half who is high on the agenda, and it aint Cronk or Moses ;)
Looks like Moses is off to the eels!

So who is this mystery half?

Not so keen on Woods though

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I'd sign Tedesco now then Foran asap. Then we have 2 of the most important spots locked down for 5+ years. Before people say how you can afford it cap increase will net us 1. Lichaa and either Eastwood or Tolman or someone goes for the other. If Hoppa has too so Be it. Hopefully run with Teddy, Reynolds, Foran, Mbye in the spine with Woolford off the bench. Especially Cronk is rumoured at 1.5 and I'd say Teddy and Foran could be done for 1.8-2. Throw in the fact Morris bros gone after next and we clearly can have a lot more in 19 to play with if we had to pay more in 19 and beyond then 18! Along with a bigger increase again
Cooper all the way- we signed ricky stuart(our very last legend halfback) and sherwin kicked in from his guidance.

Cooper will bring us a premiership and developement of winning dogs of war!

Tedesco would be awesome but now that moses wants a release- they will throw money at teddy.

I would move mbye to fb! Simple.

Go all out 1. cooper and then foran.

Bye bye reynolds. Energy does not cut it anymore. We need a general and someone with brains.

Make it happened des!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ugh. I did not use the word fact once in my last response to you and have said in several comments you have your right to your opinion, my opinion is your opinion is fucking stupid! Don't know how much clearer I can be.

So I'm dealing in half truths and you are looking st the whole story? Yes, the whole story according to Foran's own bloody PR department. :p

If you think you have the whole story, whoever wrote the book was on crack.

Now honestly, we will never agree and I have better things to do than carry on a circular argument. If you want yo carry this argument through further, I'm afraid you'll be arguing with yourself.

I have wasted enough time and energy talking about Foran for one day.
That's fine your opinion is clearly pretty biased and stupid and naive in my opinion [emoji23]

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We better get one ffs. I'm over our team not having a legit superstar. Bulldogs have always had a couple superstars in their lineup. Des fkd it up with his moneyball method. He clearly took that movie way too literally. Baseball is not rugby league.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We better get one ffs. I'm over our team not having a legit superstar. Bulldogs have always had a couple superstars in their lineup. Des fkd it up with his moneyball method. He clearly took that movie way too literally. Baseball is not rugby league.
Hard to argue

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sj came out saying not interested in storm etc. reckon he's going no where

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sj came out saying not interested in storm etc. reckon he's going no where
gets sway with the fans pressuring the club to make sure he resigns no matter the cost and ups potential offers from clubs like storm. stock standard comment from a off contract local fav

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd go Foran purely on longevity. Plus he has a good relationship with Hasler who might be able to provide him with the stability he needs off the field. Bit concerning how injury prone he can be though.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk on a 1-2year deal with a coaching option in his favour after that. He has a football brain and would make a good coach. Might also be a way to get him cheaper on the cap as a player if he knows he has a coaching job up his sleeve. Not sure how the Cap works for deals like this. This also buys time to go hard at Taylor or Cleary if know one else develops internally.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think we should be having a crack at both, and maybe this is one case we could back end Foran to a degree...
Forget our "rockstar" fullback. Now that Roosters are on the Tedesco scent that will be a 2 horse race with them and Tigers. Thankfully for us Chooks don't need any halves.
The time has come to convert M'Bye into a fullback. He's on fullback (or spine) money ffs.
It would be hard to keep Reynolds if we got Cronk and Foran, but in a "dream scenario" he could share hooking duties with a Woolford as a no. 14
We would have to drop off Woods too. No loss there. I know people are "down" on Graham but I still rate him. He gives his all for our jersey - and is a fine prop.
You'd see different Morris brothers too getting service from Cronk and Foran.
We'd have to cut a few... Holland, Stanley, Hoppa, Liccha, try to have a club pay some of Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.