do the "work from home" buffoons need to get off their arse? Or is MANDEEP coming to get you!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our work moved offices towards the end of COVID.

They physically cannot fit all office personnel on a single day.

Also - you should be happy… less of us ***** on the road driving to work. Because absolutely fuck our transport network

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is true plenty of people during lockdown took advantage of the circumstances and milked it for everything but thats some people all plastic not genuine, not real, or willing to put in days work but still want paid.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
In the tech world people work remotely as the norm.
There has been some pushback. The owner of Twitter/X, and CEO of Tesla, has been trying to get people into the office on moral grounds but I don’t think they are succeeding.
Here is the problem
In d tech world, you is competing on a global scale for the most part. Engineers, developers, be it front end, back end, sysops or CSMs (fancy word for account management) are wanted by everyone. You pretty much can’t NOT open remote work unless you offer Lebanese money.
Just cheaper to offer WFH.
Here is the issue.
As soon as a company insists on their employees coming back to the office, recruiters just pepper that company’s talent with headhunt attempts and they have a great success rate of poaching.
It’s not unlike the nrl. You want talent, you can’t be the only one insisting on the unpopular (even if moral) option and then entice the Addin Fonua Blake’s of the world.
And the truth is they CAN work from home, often have global teams so why die on the hill?
Companies can save money on offices and have zoom meetings.
some countries in Europe apparently are very very worl from home focused.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Our work moved offices towards the end of COVID.

They physically cannot fit all office personnel on a single day.

Also - you should be happy… less of us ***** on the road driving to work. Because absolutely fuck our transport network
Does that mean that your company requires people to work in the office everyday?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does that mean that your company requires people to work in the office everyday?
They ask us all to come in twice a week, but it’s not monitored. Most just come in once - and no one comes on a Friday. Ghost town.

It’s in the new building at Parra square - 46 levels up. Good view too

We just rotate departments for certain days - ie supply chain Wednesday, sales and COMEX Tuesday, free for all Monday etc.

Wahesh

Reaction score
They ask us all to come in twice a week, but it’s not monitored. Most just come in once - and no one comes on a Friday. Ghost town.

We just rotate departments for certain days - ie supply chain Wednesday, sales and COMEX Tuesday, free for all Monday etc.
I'm based in the CBD but we have an office in Parramatta Square too where I work about once a month, and there's never a full day there. The sad thing is the building opened just as we went into lockdown back in 2020, so there's never been a time when the building was even close to full.

And yes, Friday is a ghost town too - everyone just works from home. To be fair though it was like that before Covid because we were always allowed 1 day per week to work from home that began in like 2016/17.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm based in the CBD but we have an office in Parramatta Square too where I work about once a month, and there's never a full day there. The sad thing is the building opened just as we went into lockdown back in 2020, so there's never been a time when the building was even close to full.

And yes, Friday is a ghost town too - everyone just works from home. To be fair though it was like that before Covid because we were always allowed 1 day per week to work from home that began in like 2016/17.
We sold our site in Ermington before COVID, but we rented it out until end of ‘21. They were surveying prospective sites during COVID, and then settled on Parra a short time after.

Covid was probably a blessing because they specifically chose a location and floor plan that didn’t house all office bases colleagues because they saw working from home “worked”. Saved a motza

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Mikazuki everyday for lunch :hearteyes:

Wahesh

Reaction score
We sold our site in Ermington before COVID, but we rented it out until end of ‘21. They were surveying prospective sites during COVID, and then settled on Parra a short time after.

Covid was probably a blessing because they specifically chose a location and floor plan that didn’t house all office bases colleagues because they saw working from home “worked”. Saved a motza
Yeah a lot of office space, whether it entire floors or just suites, are being leased fairly cheap now given that a lot of people work from home. I think companies like it because they saved on rent.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Mikazuki everyday for lunch :hearteyes:
Did you ever try Yuki's at Circular Quay? By far the best Japanese I have ever had in my life. Bloody Gladys and her Covid lockdown shit killed thousands of businesses - and that was one of them.

Sake in Double Bay comes in at second for me - very close. Wifey took me there for our anniversary and I loved it. Just a nudge below Yuki's - but very close.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of my third best, but it was in Adelaide. We stayed at the Sofitel and on way there, we saw the restaurant in the flight magazine, but we forget to take down the address. It turns out it was literally around the corner from our hotel, so we had dinner there one night. It was actually fantastic. They make Japanese food, but will have a slight twist to it. So the name will be the same, but they'll add their own unique twist to it to make it taste a little different. Loved that place too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did you ever try Yuki's at Circular Quay? By far the best Japanese I have ever had in my life. Bloody Gladys and her Covid lockdown shit killed thousands of businesses - and that was one of them.

Sake in Double Bay comes in at second for me - very close. Wifey took me there for our anniversary and I loved it. Just a nudge below Yuki's - but very close.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of my third best, but it was in Adelaide. We stayed at the Sofitel and on way there, we saw the restaurant in the flight magazine, but we forget to take down the address. It turns out it was literally around the corner from our hotel, so we had dinner there one night. It was actually fantastic. They make Japanese food, but will have a slight twist to it. So the name will be the same, but they'll add their own unique twist to it to make it taste a little different. Loved that place too.
Na never been, I don't really need to travel that far with everything around me. Maybe if I ever have to take someone I'll venture further out :tearsofjoy:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw the bulldogs supporter that didn’t log in for weeks & cried when on ACA when she got sacked hahahaha

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I saw the bulldogs supporter that didn’t log in for weeks & cried when on ACA when she got sacked hahahaha
Wasn't that the NRMA employee who used to bludge a lot?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Na never been, I don't really need to travel that far with everything around me. Maybe if I ever have to take someone I'll venture further out :tearsofjoy:
I was like you mate, used to love staying close by and not venturing too far. Then you get a woman and she has you by the balls and they force you to get out lol.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
most work from home people are like that.. they may log on but basically do nothing in a day and just complete personal errands

it makes sense doesn’t it… even when back in the office people slacken off a bit when the boss is away… imagine working from home.. a holiday!