OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Crichton really toughens up tbe defence down the side where latrell and Walker like to play. Surely we bash their forwards and win, quietly confident.
We need to kick early have them running back constantly, their forwards are a lot bigger but not as fit as ours. Tire them out then just punch the holes

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yuck ziggy doing our cup game the carnt

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of clubs would go against this stratagy, but I'd be trying to get the ball in Latrell's hands as much as I can.

Kick to him, let him make his errors and tire him out. Where I've seen him work best is where he's left to save his energy for key parts of the game. We can't let that happen.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven’t been high on Wilson but he’s been probably our most consistent back in the opening 3 games. I would have rather given Fox another week to really get right. That said, if he is ready today then you can’t leave his calibre out especially with express pace because the teams with express pace have given Souffs all sorts (Broncos, Manly, Chooks).

I don’t think it’s any slight on Wilson he’s proven he belongs but in pecking order he’s behind Fox and Tracey

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bunnies Skelton is horrid. Think Taaffe on the wing lol

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whoever is saying fox should’ve waited a week or so is delusional . If he is a 100% fit , which he is then he plays . You can’t coach what Fox has .
Unfortunate for Blake Wilson but it’s a credit to the depth we have . Taafe against his old club etc can be beneficial even though in the long run he shouldn’t be in our top 17.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t watched any of their games but I have seen comments that suggest one of the South’s weaknesses is the speed of the backline.

That is something we have in spades over them, bringing JAC back in is just the icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot of clubs would go against this stratagy, but I'd be trying to get the ball in Latrell's hands as much as I can.

Kick to him, let him make his errors and tire him out. Where I've seen him work best is where he's left to save his energy for key parts of the game. We can't let that happen.
And keep him away from his wingers because he does like to pass it off to an option if he has one, rather than take the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.