OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Only worry for me is Tom Burgess, we havn't been able to handle the bigger 120kg+ props so far this year. Less of a worry if he starts as these days he gets gassed pretty quick.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only worry for me is Tom Burgess, we havn't been able to handle the bigger 120kg+ props so far this year. Less of a worry if he starts as these days he gets gassed pretty quick.
He’s always killed us too. Yet watching him this year just isn’t the same. It seems to have caught up with him

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember the game at Belmore against the Sharks when he smiled as he put Josh Reynolds on report. Picture was on the back page of the Telegraph.
After all It's Good Friday...The guilty always gets away with the crucifixion :fearscream:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo used the Kurt Mann and Salmon interchange well last week. Salmon was first sub off pretty early once the sting out of the game was over. I don’t rate him as a starter but his defense and tackling technique and linespeed is handy early on. Kurt is more of a ball playing option in the middle and much better than Salmon in attack and is rock solid in defense as well. They weren’t both on the field at the same time with Morrin unlike previous weeks so was good to see that adjustment. Let’s hope Ciraldo’s in game management continues to show signs of improvement each week.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo used the Kurt Mann and Salmon interchange well last week. Salmon was first sub off pretty early once the sting out of the game was over. I don’t rate him as a starter but his defense and tackling technique and linespeed is handy early on. Kurt is more of a ball playing option in the middle and much better than Salmon in attack and is rock solid in defense as well. They weren’t both on the field at the same time with Morrin unlike previous weeks so was good to see that adjustment. Let’s hope Ciraldo’s in game management continues to show signs of improvement each week.
Yeah, they were both on the field late second half as Salmon was playing right backrow for Preston

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton shouldn't bother bombing to Mitchell, kick to the edges and tire him out. Make the fat ass run all over the park. Hope he kicks short behind the line for our speedy wingers and catches Mitchell out.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton shouldn't bother bombing to Mitchell, kick to the edges and tire him out. Make the fat ass run all over the park. Hope he kicks short behind the line for our speedy wingers and catches Mitchell out.
His bombs are useless and don’t cause any struggle and until he learns to make them spin and wobble he needs to change it up.

I don’t remember the last time someone dropped one of them.

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kick early is hopefully in the game plan again have Mitchell constantly moving to tire him out aswell as burgess Tatola Moale and shaq mitchel who are all not that agile or fit it will take the sting right out of them.
Murray out is huge he’s the only middle they have that will put in the work and make cover tackles.

our forwards are smaller but more mobile and quicker. Gaps will open and points will come. I think we win well

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of them have we won?
0 from 3, but that’s not surprising considering 2 of those were the last 2 years when we couldn’t beat most teams. The one in 2015 was lost by a point in controversial circumstances.

Eta: We’ve only won 3 of 10 Good Friday matches, so take away the 3 games Sutton was ref, and it’s still only 3 from 7. It’s not the ref in other words.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As I posted in the other thread, this will only be Sutton’s fourth time officiating the Good Friday clash. 4 out of 11 games. Not as bad as it seems.
Well he sure has made a massive impression, and damage, in those 4 appearances for Souffs ;)
Edit: 3 :grinning:

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, they were both on the field late second half as Salmon was playing right backrow for Preston
Ah okay must not have been long then for me to remember

Status
Not open for further replies.