OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton is ref. Its potentially over before its begun. Why is he the ref yet again for this clash and why have the club not made a complaint. If we had another ref we win this I feel.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
5 penalties in the first 10 minutes to south’s .

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was reported yesterday that Murray didn’t finish training session. Yet club said it was for a rest not injury related

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its mind games having sutton listed by the NRL, history alone will get into our players heads before they even play.

Walking on egg shells around him will cost us the game cause he's going to look for every chance to get us, we need to act and play like he's not even on the field if we want a fighting chance to win.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I say we win too but the optics of having Sutton ref this fixture every year are far from good.
Optics mean zip when we win and we can win. 2015 is almost a decade ago, time to forget it and not worry about who’s got the whistle. Focus on what we can control - which is rabbit stew for dinner on Friday :-).

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me that smile doesn't make him look like a pedo.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Remember the game at Belmore against the Sharks when he smiled as he put Josh Reynolds on report. Picture was on the back page of the Telegraph.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But why that fuckwit Sutton every fkn time?
I think the NRL want Souffs to succeed year-on-year and so Suttons record for Bulldogs/Souffs games speak for itself - let’s call it a tactical move to favour a popular club. They are the Dallas Cowboys of the NRL despite the NRL booting them from the comp a while back. There has to be something in it (Sutton being in charge almost all the time between these clubs).

Anyway, if we’re good enough, we should still be able to rise to the occasion but I still think South’s definitely get the rub of the green from Sutton as is always the case.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not one for conspiracies but it's dodgy as fuck that Sutton refs this game every season.
It's an entertainment business. People who schedule the match will always put Sutton given the recent history of this annual match.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think the NRL want Souffs to succeed year-on-year and so Suttons record for Bulldogs/Souffs games speak for itself - let’s call it a tactical move to favour a popular club. They are the Dallas Cowboys of the NRL despite the NRL booting them from the comp a while back. There has to be something in it (Sutton being in charge almost all the time between these clubs).

Anyway, if we’re good enough, we should still be able to rise to the occasion but I still think South’s definitely get the rub of the green from Sutton as is always the case.
Don't you dare compare my Cowboys to those pieces of toothless shits lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Souffs drop Keppie, also Havilli goes from replacing Cook in starting side, to dropped. He was very shit against chooks, but now all of a sudden Cooks there 80min player??? Could be a big weakness there as game wears on

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Souffs drop Keppie, also Havilli goes from replacing Cook in starting side, to dropped. He was very shit against chooks, but now all of a sudden Cooks there 80min player??? Could be a big weakness there as game wears on
It’s a very weak pack TBH especially the bench. I think things may change their for them but it’s no where near a Parra/Sharks pack that could blow us away.

Status
Not open for further replies.