Did you know...

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you know that star Bucks is really bucks for the star= Israel.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know, that every hotel room that is at least 10 years old has been
a crime scene at some time because someone died or something
illegal or immoral has happened there and probably on that very same bed!
Now not many people know that.

Enjoy your stay and sweet dreams...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you know that star Bucks is really bucks for the star= Israel.
I thought that was an interesting fact. But 3 seconds on Google showed me that it's false. Apparently the name comes from a mining camp (Starbo) which then lead them to a character in Moby Dick named "Starbuck". The reason being that Starbucks was Seattle based and they wanted to link it to the Seattle traditions (mining and seafaring)

Funny thing I found when looking it up. Robot Chicken do a great sketch on how the Starbucks logo came to be (look it up on youtube). I always found it funny, but it's not far from the truth. The original Starbucks logo was a topless mermaid with two tails (like legs) holding them in a suggesting position.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I thought that was an interesting fact. But 3 seconds on Google showed me that it's false. Apparently the name comes from a mining camp (Starbo) which then lead them to a character in Moby Dick named "Starbuck". The reason being that Starbucks was Seattle based and they wanted to link it to the Seattle traditions (mining and seafaring)

Funny thing I found when looking it up. Robot Chicken do a great sketch on how the Starbucks logo came to be (look it up on youtube). I always found it funny, but it's not far from the truth. The original Starbucks logo was a topless mermaid with two tails (like legs) holding them in a suggesting position.
1706492725246.png

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Google lies

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know, the most intelligent muscle in the whole human body
is the sphincter, that’s right, the humble bum hole!

It can tell the difference between a liquid, solid or gas
and how to deal with them all by itself...
Now not many people know that!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you know, the most intelligent muscle in the whole human body
is the sphincter, that’s right, the humble bum hole!

It can tell the difference between a liquid, solid or gas
and how to deal with them all by itself...
Now not many people know that!
The human body is full of that kind of stuff. Your pharynx is even more interesting. It can detect what is food, what is fluid, and what is air. If it didn't, you'd drown the moment you drank water.