Sam Williams
Wighton
Waqa
Fensom
Vaughn
Edrick lee
Brenko
Papalli

If you think des is a bad coach look at the raiders roster and the players they have lost and even still have and can't make the top 8
The current Raiders roster hasn't played anywhere near enough footy together to warrant the call they are under performing. They've had it rough losing so much of their young talent in the last 8 years, isn't exactly conducive to stability or success.

As for an 'under performing' roster, where do the Roosters sit?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
**** this thread

2012 grand final
2013 wk 1 finals
2014 grand final - no one was beating the scum bags souths in that final
2015 wk 2 finals

i dont get how you can hate on des with what he has done

go support tigers or parra if you think our coach is shit
Another "I'm a true fan and you're not" post. shouldn't you be saying we should go support the roosters?. I don't understand why someone would go support a worse team if they're upset with how the club is doing.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has a gun team that should have made the finals

Austin
Crocker
Shannon Boyd
Sam Williams
Wighton
Waqa
Fensom
Vaughn
Edrick lee
Brenko
Papalli

If you think des is a bad coach look at the raiders roster and the players they have lost and even still have and can't make the top 8
Des is certainly better then stuart. I think if bennet had the raiders roster they would of made the 8 easily and had a run at the GF.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
**** this thread

2012 grand final
2013 wk 1 finals
2015 wk 2 finals

prefer to win a premiership and make next 4 years in the bottom 8 than make GF every year and lose it!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
**** this thread

2012 grand final
2013 wk 1 finals
2015 wk 2 finals

You know I love you Chris but you just listed our failures. We play to win premierships, not just to make the finals.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
prefer to win a premiership and make next 4 years in the bottom 8 than make GF every year and lose it!
From 95 to 2003 the sharks made the finals every year bar 98. They won a MP and made a GF as well but they're no closer to winning anything even today.

The West Tigers entered the comp in 2000 and never made the finals till 2005 and they won it.

Just shows you that consistently making the finals doesn't really mean anything and doesn't guarantee you a premiership in the future.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Don't you support every team in every support for them to win the comp? My point was being we aren't going to bad under des

It's not easy to win a comp yet people are acting like des has done a shit job

Anyways I don't care **** the NRL

I come on the kennel for the Xbox and man united threads hahah

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another "I'm a true fan and you're not" post. shouldn't you be saying we should go support the roosters?. I don't understand why someone would go support a worse team if they're upset with how the club is doing.

Lol gold
I 100% agree with ur post
massive thumbs up

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des came here with very high expectations, haslers game plan is starting to shit people to tears our style of footy is rubbish and lets face it how many game of the dogs have you watched in the last few years that within the first 5 minutes you know we have absolutely no hope ?
Add the frustration of an 11year drought and questionable ability to recruit is taking its toll .we have the biggest forward pack in history that should be absolutely belting teams into submission , but half the time just standing flat or being ball players.whens the last time you seen us with a deep backline ready to go and look extremely threating ? When was last time we had a half play whats in front of them ?
Des has bought us a great deal of success but unless we take out a grandfinal in the next 2 to 3 years it won't mean shit .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Des came here with very high expectations, haslers game plan is starting to shit people to tears our style of footy is rubbish and lets face it how many game of the dogs have you watched in the last few years that within the first 5 minutes you know we have absolutely no hope ?
Add the frustration of an 11year drought and questionable ability to recruit is taking its toll .we have the biggest forward pack in history that should be absolutely belting teams into submission , but half the time just standing flat or being ball players.whens the last time you seen us with a deep backline ready to go and look extremely threating ? When was last time we had a half play whats in front of them ?
Des has bought us a great deal of success but unless we take out a grandfinal in the next 2 to 3 years it won't mean shit .
It's like a Lamborghini being driven by an Asian woman..... a ****ing waste.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and I'm in no way a fan of the blandball we've been playing lately - but listen to what Des says after a majority of the matches this season:
We didn't hold the footy, we didn't complete, we didn't play field position, we didn't stick to our game plan, we made too many errors.

If i'm head coach and my team is struggling with fundamentals I ram home no frills footy until they've re learnt the basics, makes me wonder if that's the cause of the boring play and without an on field organiser it may break down. It seems like no one is talking out there, then you get these instances where the likes of Tolman takes a hit up on the 4th, Reynolds crabs, Lafai/Williams kicks, Kasiano looks for a play that's not on.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is where we need a half barking orders setting troops up and really taking control Of the game .
I also think if they are not getting the simple things right maybe des needs to start taping people on the shoulder and giving them a spell in reserves till the basics are right

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is where we need a half barking orders setting troops up and really taking control Of the game .
I also think if they are not getting the simple things right maybe des needs to start taping people on the shoulder and giving them a spell in reserves till the basics are right
100% agree

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is actually a pretty scary prospect if you consider that Mbye might not be up to doing this yet, and Reynolds (while he has the mouth to do so) probably never will be.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is actually a pretty scary prospect if you consider that Mbye might not be up to doing this yet, and Reynolds (while he has the mouth to do so) probably never will be.
I wish hokks brain was in moses body that could work

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Des is only worried about completions. A coach on 50K could coach us to do that. What's he doing for over $1M a year ? You can complete sets all friggin game but how does that get you tries ? So many times I see the Dogs camped on the opposition line for 3 sets in a row but they just run one-out with no imagination, no set plays and eventually end up giving the ball back with a stupid kick. Eventually they have to start taking some risks to score and this just leads to more dropped ball. Considering the boring style we play we should never be losing the ball. Des has had an overall better roaster than most teams but he can't get the best out of them because his coaching adds nothing. At least under Folkes we won a premiership because he let the players use their skills. At Manly under Des players yes maybe had more skills. At the Dogs our players seem too frighten of getting into trouble under Des they seldom do anything off the cuff. He coaches natural skills out of players. No wonder they can't read what's before them and attack based on that. They all have to be robots apparently. Would be okay if they were robots with some set plays but we don't even have those.
It's funny how everyone knows this accept the coaching staff

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sick of his hair lol looks like Ellen with longer hair
needs to shave it and players might take him a lil more seriously

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Des is only worried about completions. A coach on 50K could coach us to do that. What's he doing for over $1M a year ? You can complete sets all friggin game but how does that get you tries ? So many times I see the Dogs camped on the opposition line for 3 sets in a row but they just run one-out with no imagination, no set plays and eventually end up giving the ball back with a stupid kick. Eventually they have to start taking some risks to score and this just leads to more dropped ball. Considering the boring style we play we should never be losing the ball. Des has had an overall better roaster than most teams but he can't get the best out of them because his coaching adds nothing. At least under Folkes we won a premiership because he let the players use their skills. At Manly under Des players yes maybe had more skills. At the Dogs our players seem too frighten of getting into trouble under Des they seldom do anything off the cuff. He coaches natural skills out of players. No wonder they can't read what's before them and attack based on that. They all have to be robots apparently. Would be okay if they were robots with some set plays but we don't even have those.
Spot on Bazza, quality post

Status
Not open for further replies.