Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
- Mbye is the go to man on the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

- Forwards are banned from touching the ball at first receiver on the 4th and 5th tackle.

- Lichaa runs from dummy half and give crisp service.

- Reynolds should not touch the ball on the 4th or 5th unless he is kicking.

- Only one of Tolman and Graham are on the field at the same time.

- Kasiano is fit. We score so many tries when he hits the ball up and plays the ball fast.

@Allan inspired this thread, see his post here: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/a-host-of-negative-threads.102173/

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Des Ball copyright and all rights reserved to Habs.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

- Forwards are banned from touching the ball at first receiver on the 4th and 5th tackle.

- Kasiano is fit. We score so many tries when he hits the ball up and plays the ball fast.

@Allan inspired this thread, see his post here: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/a-host-of-negative-threads.102173/

They are the key points Hasler emphasises at each training session, before each game and at half time :p

They are the catalysts of Des ball :p haha.

Once you take all that away you have unstructured play. And end up playing what's in Front of you. Des won't allow that :p

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly thought the way we played for atleast the first half on sunday was much improved from previous weeks

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

If all of the above happened, it wouldn't be Des ball

Marto

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score

Mbye takes the line on, and B. Moz is not injured.

Oh, and no Sunday games.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

And this is what Des, somehow, fails to understand.. It's not that complex Dessie!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The style we played against the Raiders was actually encouraging...but I think that Des figured it was the only way to play if we were to beat the Raiders. You need to score a minimum 20+ points to have a chance at knocking them off...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump*

How's desball working?
I missed the game, I'd say by the discussions taking place desball ain't working too well?
Des you have got to kick the 80's mentality unfortunately.
Take your team to a hipster cafe and then take them to get a fancy hipster haircut and pay for them to get their nails done after it!

Everyone knows a princess will melt if you buy them a Gucci handbag..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would anyone take Folkes back if he was available?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you rate him? I don't rate him one bit.
I don't rate him. But I can guarantee we would get more than 5 line drop outs a year with him as coach. God forbid we might even look to score in the second half. Desperate times my friend

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Would anyone take Folkes back if he was available?
With open arms! People dissed him on here in his final years ,but the Bulldogs board was imploding from the core at the time and that was all out of his hands!

Of course I'd take back a pure Bankstown boy!
He knows Canterbury-Bankstown better than most.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost tonight because of Des Hasler's strategy of running the ball on the last.

He must of forgotten that you are effectively offering the opposition an extra tackle with that type of negative play by presenting a turn over as opposed to the completion of tackle one. A deft kick close to the line A) burns a tackle B) may force an error C) may force a drop out D) surprisingly may result in a try if your backs are following it through... Just saying.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost tonight because of Des Hasler's strategy of running the ball on the last.

He must of forgotten that you are effectively offering the opposition an extra tackle with that type of negative play by presenting a turn over as opposed to the completion of tackle one. A deft kick close to the line A) burns a tackle B) may force an error C) may force a drop out D) surprisingly may result in a try if your backs are following it through... Just saying.
You just described how to play rugby league.
The Bulldogs club could offer you a coaching or training position but unfortunately you don't sound very familiar with desball?

Status
Not open for further replies.