Departing Bulldogs forward Frank Pritchard broke down in the sheds after semi-final

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Departing Bulldogs forward Frank Pritchard broke down in the sheds after semi-final loss to Roosters

AN emotional Frank Pritchard broke down in tears in the dressing sheds after Canterbury were knocked out of this year’s premiership by the Sydney Roosters on Friday. The controversial semi-final defeat at Allianz Stadium was Pritchard’s last match in the NRL, having signed a three-year deal with Super League club Hull FC beginning next season.
The former Penrith forward spent time with the fans at the end of the match before throwing his boots into the crowd, and then addressed his teammates for the final time in the locker rooms.
“I made sure I thanked all the players and walked to the other side of the field and thanked the fans,” Pritchard said.

“I gave a speech to the boys that I came to the Bulldogs looking for change, despite not knowing any players.

Frank Pritchard throws his boots into the crowd. Source: Getty Images

“But now I’ll be definitely leaving with a bunch of boys who are my brothers and my family.”
Pritchard, 31, moved to Belmore at the end of 2010, and was part of both of the club’s sides that went down in the 2012 and 2014 grand finals.
However, the Toa Samoa captain said he was proud to have helped cultivate a successful culture under the guidance of coach Des Hasler, who also turned Pritchard into a major leader at the club.
“We have created a winning culture here at the club and the last couple of seasons we have made it to the grand final but haven’t jumped that hurdle yet so it was pretty disappointing to lose this one,” Pritchard said.
“(But) I’ve learnt a lot since being under Des. He has given me free reign on the field and given me a bigger leadership role.
“He has definitely changed my way of playing, especially playing longer minutes too.
“He’s given me the opportunity to stay on as an endurance player so the confidence he has given me is awesome. I can’t thank him enough.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...loss-to-roosters/story-e6frf3pu-1227535465276

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love you tank thanks for your loyal service you gave us and the pride you put in our jersey.
Im shattered this is it will be watching what ever games I can he plays in the super league and cheering him on

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he was already in tears at the end of the game when he went upto the crowd.

I hate you Des!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We are making a big mistake letting him go love ya frankie

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's leaving a huuuuuge gap in terms of talent, leadership, passion, and impact on the field.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we pushed him out he didn't want to go he repeated it when interviewed after the game that he wanted to finish his career with us but what could he do, i can't believe we pushed him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When did he start to fire up this year.. was it before or after he was leaving?

Just wondering that's all.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Frank Pritchard throws his boots into the crowd. Source: Getty Images
I am shocked the media didn't print Bulldog player throws objects at fans after the game. ;)

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Still can't believe Frankie was pushed out yet the club keeps Perrett? Nice to see where the priorities are.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes to show what a top guy Frank is. He didn't say anything bad about the club even after being pushed out. I'm pretty sure his contract was backended too so he is probably losing out financially by having to leave.

We will be a much poorer side without him next year for so many reasons, just look at how many tries he's been involved in recently.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Letting frank go epitomises where the club is at the moment and what direction they are taking. Bullshit call from bullshit management

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Letting frank go epitomises where the club is at the moment and what direction they are taking. Bullshit call from bullshit management
They payed 600k for t-rex and were going to pay 800k for fifita. I think they tells everything about the clubs position.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
oh god there is no way we are winning the comp next year unless we make some major changes... and it does not start with replacing our best forward with tony ****ing williams

Status
Not open for further replies.