Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Disappointing to see a player that everyone loves leave like that, especially when the club is trying to improve he dogged the club and the fans. I guess his true colours came out.

Dogs should raid their juniors and any of their good players next year and years to come.
We have been raiding them for years, they finally got one back on us!

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol it’s never about the money! That’s why you got a payrise... this is why the nrl is a joke. If it was legit ‘personal’ reasons he should only be able to be registered at the same price for the same length as the existing contract.

Fkn corrupt bullshit.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the going get’s tough, Klemm get’s going, just shows how low in charachter the guy is, what a Judas! Unbelievable how our club has layed down for yet another of our biggest stars with years to run on his contract, Ben Hannant, Ben Barba, Mybe, Woods the list go’s on and on... We used to be run with on iron fist but nowadays we have become the lackey of the competition, only proves as to why I’m so disenfranchised with the NRL and now the club, have nothing but contempt for both due to this and many other examples. Faith is a word I am in short supply of these days!
It’s pretty convient to look back on the past with rose coloured glasses and say we were run with an iron fist but it happened back then aswell! Look at what happened in the 2 years after the 88 premiership we lost Langmack, Cement and others to the Magpies so it’s not suddenly a new thing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
David seriously you have a credibility problem. Firstly no one in their right mind would believe that Newcastle is a better place for your family to grow up in than Sydney. Secondly your so called close mates, Josh, James Aaron they all still live in Sydney, sure they play for different teams but you’re moving physically further away from them. Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Can you understand why we don’t believe you? Why there is something that you aren’t telling us? Look, if you are moving just because your wife wants to why not just say so?

Go Dogs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dear David Klemmer.
Sounds like bullshit to say it's not about the money. Pretend you have some integrity and admit you left for $$$.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't hold a grudge against him like others. I'm in the minority but Klemmer gave everything, played with aggression and always with no self preservation. He always has and always will. It's not like others where he was a passenger and put in no effort.

He played with more passion and effort than any forward we've had in years. The reason people are so upset is because he was such a fan favourite and people feel blindsided and hurt. I get it.

I can't believe he's still only 24 though. He has a huge future still in front of him and Newcastle got a great player. I'm pissed he left but I'm pissed at the current stature of our club and the state of the code to be honest.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I blame the club more than Klemmer.
He is obviously pissed off about how the club has treated its faithful players.
Loyalty goes both ways.
I completely understand where he is coming from with regards to Graham, Woods, etc getting the boot and he should have just stuck with that instead of adding in all the family stuff.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Loyalty goes both ways.
Exactly... woods leaving was the final straw for him...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I’m on $800k and my wife is homesick surely you could just move her family to Sydney? I don’t understand the reasons for the move? I’m all about the league being player-friendly but they need to be very careful. There are a number of disillusioned fans who will walk away from the game because another player has turned their back on their club.
Fans make the game and a big drop in ratings might be the only way the NRL drastically changes. I still think it’s dumb clubs have to guarantee contracts but players can walk away at anytime with almost no repercussions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Loyalty goes both ways.
Maybe the problem is that he simply didn’t understand the seriousness of the salary cap hole that we were facing for 2018, 2019 and 2020. Unfortunately it required serious and urgent action. It was of no use us being loyal (to players) when we were over the Salary Cap by close to $3.5 million. The fact is the NRL was going to take their own action if we didn’t and that would have been far more unpleasant and long lasting. Think financial penalties, loss of points, reduced salary caps for years to come etc.

Obviously not a good situation, but moving some players on was by far the lesser of the possible evils. I’m pretty sure that we didn’t pick Klemmer’s best mates just to spite him.

Go Dogs

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Goes back to grimace, destroyer and Dibshit

Lose graham his father figure, lose grub his little bro and lose sharron his best mate
Made him realise there is no loyalty in football so fuck it
Mate I said this before it's a repeat of SBW back in 2008, mason, omeley, asotasi, that was the final straw history repeats itself.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I completely understand where he is coming from with regards to Graham, Woods, etc getting the boot and he should have just stuck with that instead of adding in all the family stuff.
I said it at the time when we started cutting players..this type of outcome was always likely yet some people expect the players to act like robots and not be effected lol. Sport at the top level is about getting as many things right and every little thing can make a difference to performance.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over the past 10-15 years our club has had some of the most disloyal scum who ended up playing elsewhere. Klemmer now joins them.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer won us nothing....his desertion mid contract showed he didn't deserve to wear a bulldogs jersey. Good riddance. As for our club. Did we negotiate anything with Newcastle or did we just give the player a free pass to join another club mid contract. What message does that send to other clubs and our roster? I am utterly at a loss. I never thought I would see the day when we are a punch line but we are. Why dont we sign Hayne to a 5 year deal and he subsequently gets banned by NRL and jailed for 5 years. That is a decision our board would make. A fucking village idiot or a monkey could run this club better. Your doing a tremendous job Lyn.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said it at the time when we started cutting players..this type of outcome was always likely yet some people expect the players to act like robots and not be effected lol. Sport at the top level is about getting as many things right and every little thing can make a difference to performance.
I can’t imagine how much bullshit was going on behind the scenes over the last year or so. Loyalty has to go both ways and let’s hope it’s all settled down now so the players can focus 100% on footy.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
It’s not about his mates living in Sydney and him in Newcastle so there’s no reason to go blah blah
He was 22 when the club sacked not one but 2 captains Ennis and Pritchard then they sack our next captain graham, ship off grub a player who absolutely bled blue and white so they could throw massive coin at Foran and woods, then cut woods away 6 months later while our highest payed player is in rehab for the 3rd year straight let the Morris twins go and release Mbye
Maybe just maybe he woke up and worked out club hierarchy will fuck anyone over if they think it suits their needs
He got in first
Simple

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t imagine how much bullshit was going on behind the scenes over the last year or so. Loyalty has to go both ways and let’s hope it’s all settled down now so the players can focus 100% on footy.
There's rarely such a thing. Clubs just need to be do their jobs and keep the players happy so they actually want to be there and are performing to the best of their ability.