David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was told over a month back TPAs have become an issue at our club - will complicate recruiting in demand players

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have said NO! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE!
He stated that if he was to leave it wouldn’t be his choice, so I think that kinda is the same as I don’t want to leave but if I have to I will.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bra... When was the last time we heard something like this coming out of the dogs that didn't end up happening?
Brah, you got me there lol

But I see Klem as a loyal solider, I honestly can't see him wearing another jersey. Even the NSW and AUS jerseys don't look right on him lol

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? You turned on the of the few true Bulldogs who happens to be our best player because of a shit article written by a coward?

Wow, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with some of the posters in this thread....
And your defending a bloke who has reportedly come out and said he's willing to walk away from the club for whatever reason....in the middle of the worst season in over a decade... id say i hate to be in the trenches with someone thats willing to run in the opposite direction when the going gets tough

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was told over a month back TPAs have become an issue at our club - will complicate recruiting in demand players
I'm sure out of all our boys, we shouldn't have trouble getting a TPA for our best player.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And your defending a bloke who has reportedly come out and said he's willing to walk away from the club for whatever reason....in the middle of the worst season in over a decade... id say i hate to be in the trenches with someone thats willing to run in the opposite direction when the going gets tough
Lol @ coming out and willing to walk.....

You are allowed to your opinion but I just think you're reading too much and clutching at straws into a nothing article written by a coward dud.

Has Klemmer ever put a backward step on the field? The pack is nothing without Klem, and sorry to say, they will struggle on Saturday night without him, the whole team will.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He stated that if he was to leave it wouldn’t be his choice, so I think that kinda is the same as I don’t want to leave but if I have to I will.
ok i'll re-word for you... Klem : "NO! IM NOT LEAVING! I can do more for the club by staying"

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We hardly have any TPA's that's the only issue. Everyone thinks we have millions tied up in them. Not even close. In total probably less than Elliotts annual contract.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brah, you got me there lol

But I see Klem as a loyal solider, I honestly can't see him wearing another jersey. Even the NSW and AUS jerseys don't look right in him lol
Dead set looks silly like Reynolds lol.. BUT this whole situation can easily change ones mentality... Up until this yr he played with 1 coach and teammates he considered mates. 1 yr on his lost 95% of mates including one he vouched to on behalf of the club. Now Klem looks stupid, his obviously pissed off.

NOW Poor Klem just realised its not just a sport but a buso, he just woke up.... Its up to the club to sort this shit out or we lose this machine.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i'll re-word for you... Klem : "NO! IM NOT LEAVING! I can do more for the club by staying"
Honestly, I think what he said is to that point that he doesn’t want to leave but IF it was to help the club out with the salary cap and they asked him to leave then he will in order to help the club out, I honestly I think some on here are reading to much into it.

That’s my understanding and how I read the actual article.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPA does the new board know how it works ???
Can they make it happen ???
Have they got the corporate support that is needed to make it happen ???
If not... God help us !!!

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol @ coming out and willing to walk.....

You are allowed to your opinion but I just think you're reading too much and clutching at straws into a nothing article written by a coward dud.

Has Klemmer ever put a backward step on the field? The pack is nothing without Klem, and sorry to say, they will struggle on Saturday night without him, the whole team will.
If klemmer comes out publicly and says he never said that, ill eat humble pie. If he stated what was reported then why would he said that? Not for shits and giggles.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If klemmer comes out publicly and says he never said that, ill eat humble pie. If he stated what was reported then why would he said that? Not for shits and giggles.
How about you just ignore obvious media bullshit and react IF and WHEN he leaves?

PS you didn't answer my question from my previous post. Typical kid.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I think what he said is to that point that he doesn’t want to leave but IF it was to help the club out with the salary cap and they asked him to leave then he will in order to help the club out, I honestly I think some on here are reading to much into it.

That’s my understanding and how I read the actual article.
I dead set hope your right... Like many I guess we have all just become accustomed to everything that comes through the media to actually bloody happen.

THEY ARE ALL WORST KEPT SECRETS THESE DAYS!!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s sporting news they are fucking spastics who should be writing episodes of home and away drama queen retards they just wanna reaction out of people cause they have nothin to write about
Klem hopefully won’t go

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Klemmer: "I am not interested in leaving the Bulldogs. There have been issues but the club is working through them, and I am committed 100% to the club".

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LMAO at people believing this.

It's by sporting news, it's like believing Buzz, Kent, Weidler etc

It's like them asking me if I would ever support the Dogs & I reply, only if I survive being dipped in lava for 5 mins, living after eating a cyanide tablet etc.

The headline would be Shock, Kaz supports the Dogs.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sporting News
Updated at 8:48 a.m. ET

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

The NSW and Australia prop insists he doesn’t want to be the next big-name Bulldog to depart but told Channel 9 he would be prepared to go if it was the best move for the club.

“It’d be hard for me but if it was to help the club and if they needed help I would, but it would be very hard for me to do,” Klemmer, who is contracted with the Dogs until the end of 2020, told Channel 9 News.

“… It wouldn’t be (my choice) and it would be a tough time for me but that’s rugby league now, it’s a business and yeah, it’d be tough (to leave).”

Klemmer’s puzzling declaration is sure to send shockwaves through Canterbury’s hierarchy and an already shattered Bulldogs fan base that has seen several superstars cut loose due to the club’s salary cap debacle.

There is no suggestion the Bulldogs are considering cutting Klemmer loose and his public statements will no doubt lead to speculation the big fella wants out of Belmore.

But the 24-year-old, who made his Bulldogs debut as a teenager in 2013, insists that’s not the case.

“I want to stay for these tough times and I want to get through it as a club,” he said.

“There was some light in the tunnel on the weekend and we’ve just got to stick through it and stick solid and we’ll get through it.”

Having already allowed fan-favourites Josh Reynolds and James Graham to walk at the end of last season, Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods departed to Wests Tigers and Cronulla in recent weeks.

It is understood the Dogs will have to shed more players to be compliant with the 2019 salary cap after the mess created under the watch of former coach Des Hasler and the previous Bulldogs board.
I thought that Danny the rotten weasel Weidler wrote a similar article to this in the Telecrap only a few days ago
Bradtalo if you are Danny the rotten weasel Weidler you are a megga arsehole.
If you are quoting Danny the rotten weasel Weidler then you are a a supper megga arsehole.

Status
Not open for further replies.