David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood knows no other club wanted him.

Still laughing at the price tag of $800,000 for him.
Well in truth it was $500k a year, you know about a third of what Darius is getting.....

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HE has put them the feelers out. He won’t be at the bulldogs much longer. How bout getting rid of players who are on the big coin and seen shit like Eastwood and foran

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the Sharks come circling (with the help of his mate Woods) the minute Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis announce they are retiring.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why can't we all just take him literally?
He said he doesn't want to leave.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's getting the Sonny Bill Syndrome, nobody wants to play for a stale club that can't make the eight but only the players can turn it around.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's said the same thing three times already this season and always talks about his love for the club. It's a nothing story and he doesn't want to leave and won't be leaving. If he did, the whole fan base would burn down Belmore.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where there’s smoke there is fire and this feels like an orchestrated ‘come and get me’
Roosters will get him and justify it with Ferguson leaving as making cap space.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he wants to leave then see you later, fuck off and eventually we will blood another youngster....

Club comes before the players...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's said the same thing three times already this season and always talks about his love for the club. It's a nothing story and he doesn't want to leave and won't be leaving. If he did, the whole fan base would burn down Belmore.
Thats true i dont believe there is anything in it. He was asked by that dribbler on ch 9 would he leave if it helped the club he said yes. Its all crap as if klemmer would say no. typical hype getting blown up for a story.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sporting News
Updated at 8:48 a.m. ET

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

The NSW and Australia prop insists he doesn’t want to be the next big-name Bulldog to depart but told Channel 9 he would be prepared to go if it was the best move for the club.

“It’d be hard for me but if it was to help the club and if they needed help I would, but it would be very hard for me to do,” Klemmer, who is contracted with the Dogs until the end of 2020, told Channel 9 News.

“… It wouldn’t be (my choice) and it would be a tough time for me but that’s rugby league now, it’s a business and yeah, it’d be tough (to leave).”

Klemmer’s puzzling declaration is sure to send shockwaves through Canterbury’s hierarchy and an already shattered Bulldogs fan base that has seen several superstars cut loose due to the club’s salary cap debacle.

There is no suggestion the Bulldogs are considering cutting Klemmer loose and his public statements will no doubt lead to speculation the big fella wants out of Belmore.

But the 24-year-old, who made his Bulldogs debut as a teenager in 2013, insists that’s not the case.

“I want to stay for these tough times and I want to get through it as a club,” he said.

“There was some light in the tunnel on the weekend and we’ve just got to stick through it and stick solid and we’ll get through it.”

Having already allowed fan-favourites Josh Reynolds and James Graham to walk at the end of last season, Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods departed to Wests Tigers and Cronulla in recent weeks.

It is understood the Dogs will have to shed more players to be compliant with the 2019 salary cap after the mess created under the watch of former coach Des Hasler and the previous Bulldogs board.

Who wrote this crap? Put your name to it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets just let fill out the 30 man squad with Kennellers.. surely we cant be over the salary cap then
I don't think many of us deserve minimum money from a local under 10s team, so surely we would be under. And yes we would have to have 50 players on the field at any one time & still get beaten 2,000-0

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
110% confirmation of his desire to leave for the Sydney Swans, done deal.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually a while back someone sent me a PM tipoff stating:
"Klemmers TPAs have fallen through, and he is owed money.. watch this space".

Now without playing the blame game, but is it possible that the reason for releasing Mbye and Woods was rather an attempt to balance the loss of TPAs for key players in order to retain them?

In other words we'd be over the cap if we had to pay in full those players, but with the TPAs we were safe.
BUT TPAs aren't guaranteed. Wouldn't the NRL say that you couldn't do this?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who wrote this crap? Put your name to it.
You might recall I explained the news cycle in another post a couple of months ago. So a reporter asks the player "have you stopped bashing your wife?" The player answers yes (because no doesn't help him) and then the newspapers the next day (or online media outlets as they are now) pick up the comment and re-hash it as news the following day. Other journos and radio people then chase the player to comment on his wife bashing ways. He is forced to deny everything and anything, meanwhile social media is going beserk and self help groups are calling for his chemical castration. Gets picked up by the same TV station that started it and reported as a "club in crisis - full of wife bashers" and around it goes. It can go on for days before the brakes get put on it and the only way is for the player to go back on record to deny the whole thing. All because a reporter asked a stupid question. Now replace "wife basher" with "would you leave if asked" and you have this story.......

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's seems that the term "it is understood".. allows journo to write anything they like without the need to be accountable for their comments..
Fucking scum ***** use that and "allegedly" to cover themselves from the bullshit they write.

Fuck the media

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a journo asked some leading questions to get some quotes for a pre-conceived story. Oldest trick in the book on a slow news day

Malla

Reaction score
Hardly a bomb shell. He was asked a question non-related and it led to those responses and as media do they twist it for the headline.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love you guys but FMD you believe some bullshit article with a scum **** who won't put their name to it?

Come on guys, you are smarter than that.

Q: What do you throw to a drowning journo?
A: An anchor

Q: what's the difference between a dead journo and a dead animal on the road?
A: the animal has skid marks in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.