Danny Weidler: Dogs must change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, I present a new low...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/blakes-broke-and-couch-surfing-20130907-2tc5y.html

Todd Greenberg is a lot of things - smart, bordering on smug, but he is certainly not stupid. If the NRL's new head of football even thought of covering up a case of domestic violence when he was Canterbury Bulldogs boss, he is stuffed. How does the man many refer to as Mr Football hand out penalties to the clubs? What does Greenberg say to North Queensland - a club that has lived with Robert Lui being stood down when he was violent towards his partner - even though the Cowboys and Lui's former club, the Wests Tigers, would try and justify his actions with stories about him being attacked or having his clothes cut up.

That's why the Greenberg situation is as interesting as the Ben Barba one. There is no doubt Greenberg knew for months that News Limited had a photo of a woman with a damaged face. This columnist had at least one lengthy discussion with Greenberg about it. He had not seen it - I still don't know if he saw it before it was published.

A fair question would be if he knew the photo existed, why didn't he report it to NRL chief executive Dave Smith? Was he happy appeasing those with the photo with stories? He'd been described as the best chief executive in the game … he was the man who took the high moral ground when Sonny Bill Williams walked out on Canterbury … he cleaned the Dogs' image up. In the same conversation I had with Greenberg in the grandstand at Belmore, he said he would never cover up an incident. He said he knew he would be sacked if that was the line he took.

He asked Barba's partner Ainslee Currie countless times to tell him if she had been assaulted by Barba. He said she never said that took place. On the day the Dogs announced Barba was stood down, I asked Greenberg if violence was involved in the decision - at that stage family members had already got that message through to the media. It was denied.

I was still sceptical - what sold me on that, was a phone call I received from Currie later that day. She told me Barba had never been violent towards her. At that point I took her on her word - and I didn't think about the financial implications for her and her kids if Barba was stood down, or banned from the game. If you believe Greenberg he took a hard line with Barba - he was the one making sure he didn't stuff up again. There were rumours about run-ins with teammates. This column reported Barba's initial fight at training involving Bulldogs forward Tim Browne - it was dismissed as one of those training things. Even before the season started this column reported Barba and his brother were behaving like gits in Mackay and had an altercation, largely verbal, with former Maroons centre Josh Hannay about Barba being too big for his boots.

And it's in his home town where the problems start. The Dogs will tell you of his upbringing - let's just say he was never taught how to respect women. Which brings me back to the photo - one I was offered, but never given. Those who say the Dogs handled the situation properly will say the photo could be from any time. And given the confidence the Bulldogs are exuding - you would have to think they have a smoking gun in their defence. But the Dogs can be arrogant in the extreme. They still don't accept they were poorly behaved on Mad Monday when they hurled abuse at Nine News reporter Jayne Azzopardi last year. In that instance it's been Des Hasler who has been the stick in the mud, more so than Greenberg. It does reflect an attitude that has long existed at the club and needs to change.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They still don't accept they were poorly behaved on Mad Monday when they hurled abuse at Nine News reporter Jayne Azzopardi last year.
From: http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...nday-apology-not-accepted-20121009-27b14.html

"Greenberg, who has apologised unreservedly to Azzopardi for the situation, said there was no benefit in outing those responsible for the comments.

"We are the first to admit that we should have handled things better," Greenberg said in a statement."

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
and yet he doesn't change writing his usual shite

LordofDOGtown

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just more top draw stuff from Danny Weidler, honestly, the guy's journalistic integrity and ability to sniff out a quality scoop supported by thorough evidence amaze me. There just isn't anyone better than him in his field at the moment.

...said no-one...ever...

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
Man I hate this germ. Seriously he needs to be knocked the fuk out

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what a fck wit!

Mad Monday incident and Barba's alleged assault are the only two incidents which you can find in last 8 years and you want the clubs attitude to change???!!

Go give yourself an uppercut fck wit!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I don't understand why Ainslie would make a phone call to a ****witt reporter when she has always seemed to be the type of person that wanted nothing to do with any of them.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't understand why Ainslie would make a phone call to a ****witt reporter when she has always seemed to be the type of person that wanted nothing to do with any of them.
I am pretty sure she rang him, after he was making several allegations....plus I don't think it was the catch up for a coffee kind of talk, she would have blasted him. lol

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
what is the point of this article? I honestly struggle to see it. this germ is making a living of our great club tnh. He should be bashed

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is a tough hypothetical situation, if both weidler and wilson were drowning and you could only save one of them, what lie/excuse would you come up with to tell them that you cant save either of them?

they are too heavy? you have a bad back?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's still bitter that his bf SBW was not allowed to play NRL till 2013. And he blames TG for this.

My response would be to tell Weidler to eat a dick. But this wouldn't offend him as I'm fairly sure he would enjoy it.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I am pretty sure she rang him, after he was making several allegations....plus I don't think it was the catch up for a coffee kind of talk, she would have blasted him. lol
LOL. I see. He "made" her call him in his own way.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
it's a pertinent question tbh. I would go with the bad skin defence. how could I possibly save such genetically ugly people your honour?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
He's still bitter that his bf SBW was not allowed to play NRL till 2013. And he blames TG for this.

My response would be to tell Weidler to eat a dick. But this wouldn't offend him as I'm fairly sure he would enjoy it.
this is unfair. how can he respond when he's gagging on it ?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how he has to throw in SBW's name, must be getting paid for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When will these ***** willson and weirdler die?

Both make great case studies for contraception use, "don't wear a rubber and you could end up having fukwits like these 2 *****"

Status
Not open for further replies.