DallyM is a Boost !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Scooping the Dally M awards will give the Bulldogs a huge confidence boost heading into the NRL finals, injured halfback Brett Kimmorley says.

The 2009 Dogs were meant to be a rebuilding side after picking up the wooden spoon last year.

But their roster is suddenly resembling the star-studded line-ups which made the play-offs in four of the five years before 2008 after walking away with eight gongs at league's night of nights on Tuesday.

"I think it gives the players a huge bit of confidence," said Kimmorley, who has been sidelined with facial fractures.

"Anyone who won an award last night would have left there with a bit of a buzz."

Kimmorley said no player would be boosted more than 19-year-old rookie of the year Jamal Idris.

"He's a kid who thinks a lot about football and can get a bit down on himself," Kimmorley said.

"I hope last night he was all excited with the achievement."

Coach of the year Kevin Moore said the Dogs' job was far from done.

"It's nice to get those plaudits along the way but it's back to business today. We've got a job to do this week and that's what we're focused on," he said of Saturday night's qualifying final against Newcastle.

"We had a bit of a hiccup last week (against the Wests Tigers) which was disappointing but we learned a few things from that and we need to make sure that we get back to what we do really good, and that's the basics.

"I'm really confident that the players (will) respond to that."

B

Bargache

I agree - after last night it's even given me a boost. I have a good feeling...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
They wont let down BK. We will win!

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
8 awards is amazing. Have the dogs in the past ever got that many.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Better than the Minor Premiership by a mile.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres still another one left that means more than the rest. Lets hope they stay focused on bringing that one back to belmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.