No Source Daine Laurie

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He isn't great defensively so I'm not sure if Ciraldo would be interested but at the right price I wouldn't say no.
Wouldnt be first choice but if cheap and only for this year might be ok. Would defnd better than Okunbor in the middle - off topic but i think Morrin will play this week - just gut feel.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it is a waste of a signing imo when we have critter signed to play 1. We need some front rowers, hoping KO is half for 24
We better not get the same critter playing in the centres for the Panthers atm because that critter is a passenger and is happy watching his team mates do all the hard work while he jus stands there.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not, it works for the NSW SOO team (Tedesco, TTrbojevic, Mitchell and Suaali'i if Fittler has his way).

Xerri (surely he wants to play fullback like everyone else) Crichton, Perham and Kiraz 8-)

Always a Bulldog
I think I read somewhere or saw him talking about wingers and Fullbacks... said that he wouldn't want to play in those positions because of the pressure of taking kicks...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wouldnt be first choice but if cheap and only for this year might be ok. Would defnd better than Okunbor in the middle - off topic but i think Morrin will play this week - just gut feel.
Morrin has been quite poor in reserves imo, could see Topine getting the jump on him. I'd just promote whoever the best defender is at this point because none of our options really have the size we need from them.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morrin has been quite poor in reserves imo, could see Topine getting the jump on him. I'd just promote whoever the best defender is at this point because none of our options really have the size we need from them.
Either Morrin or Topine would offer more defensively than Okunbor - i agree just some who will get where they need to be defensively and make the tackles. Tanner does that in Reggies but in the few minutes he has played in fg he has struggled with speed of the game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Either Morrin or Topine would offer more defensively than Okunbor - i agree just some who will get where they need to be defensively and make the tackles. Tanner does that in Reggies but in the few minutes he has played in fg he has struggled with speed of the game
Yes Tanner looks to be struggling with the pace which is unfortunate as he was our most consistent middle in reserve grade last year. If he could handle the pace and we could get a solid 30+ minutes out of him then I think we'd look a fair bit stronger in defence during the backend of games. Maybe we need to get Ryan James out of retirement :tearsofjoy:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Gus wants an option in case Crichton doesn't work out at fullback. Not a bad back up with first grade experience. Better option than Averillo. Perham is average. Doesn't offer much in attack.
But what if Chrichton does work out? Do you think Laurie will be happy staying in reserves? He has better chance of remaining at tigers and fighting Staines/Douehi for the fullback spot

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Tanner looks to be struggling with the pace which is unfortunate as he was our most consistent middle in reserve grade last year. If he could handle the pace and we could get a solid 30+ minutes out of him then I think we'd look a fair bit stronger in defence during the backend of games. Maybe we need to get Ryan James out of retirement :tearsofjoy:
Tanners lazy. He was the main cause of the first tigers try on the weekend, didn’t close over the gap that the tigers broke through.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ofahengaue would be more likely if he didnt have two more years on his contract - seemed pissed off with team mates at times during games and has been getting very few minutes -
Yes.. he was decent last year and somehow out of favour this year. I would take him to help our forward pack and would be come cheaper than extending Thompson.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tanners lazy. He was the main cause of the first tigers try on the weekend, didn’t close over the gap that the tigers broke through.
He isn't lazy, he just can't handle the pace yet. His workrate is consistently high in reserves and even in his limited minutes in firstgrade he's getting through work. Last week in his 13 minutes he had 3 runs for 38m and 12 tackles.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere or saw him talking about wingers and Fullbacks... said that he wouldn't want to play in those positions because of the pressure of taking kicks...
Yeah he said it on The JBK Show podcast

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats because they're using him as a battering ram at prop which he isnt!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know bro, it's the kennel lol
Let's see ASSASSIN...According to Zerro tackle
.....Contracted for 2024.........................Off contract...
1. Perham.....Papalii / Wilson..............
2. Kiraz...........Semrani...........................Casey
3. Crichton...Hofman...........................Averillo
4. Alamoti......Xerri.................................Burns
5. JAC..............Skelton.............................Okunbor
There's always a space for the right player and improvement but at who's expense ?
Personally...I am content with what we have, we need a leader a BIG forward !

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We better not get the same critter playing in the centres for the Panthers atm because that critter is a passenger and is happy watching his team mates do all the hard work while he jus stands there.
Thats a ridiculous and exaggerated answer , “a passesnger”.
He was solid, did his job last night, can’t stand out every game, it was gf intensity and they lost by a point

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a ridiculous and exaggerated answer , “a passesnger”.
He was solid, did his job last night, can’t stand out every game, it was gf intensity and they lost by a point
I thought he made some good reads in defence also. I gave up discussing anything Critta in here as he cops a flogging off some :tearsofjoy:

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe Gus wants an option in case Crichton doesn't work out at fullback. Not a bad back up with first grade experience. Better option than Averillo. Perham is average. Doesn't offer much in attack.
We have paapaili coming through!