Curtis rona kiwi selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Eastwood has been a very under rated player for years. If he was eligible for Queensland I think he would be picked every year.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that's your opinion. I rate eastwood quite highly. Which players from the dogs do you actually think are any good man? You seem to have something cynical/pessemistic about most of the team.
VERY good question. I'd love to hear the answer, too.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rona should walk straight in, as should Eastwood, Kiwi's to win, Australia really lacked desire last year.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Kiwis have depth everywhere except the halves. Nikorima and Lolohea have a huge job on there hands IMO it wont be easy, we struggle with the Poms. With the Kiwis being without a shit ton of players I'm expecting it to be close and a good series.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rona will get picked for the NZ side cos he would never make it into the Australian side

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rona will get picked for the NZ side cos he would never make it into the Australian side
Rona would definitely make it into the Aussie side. The Kangaroos are not as great as they once were. If Alex Johnston,Matautia, Dugan, Tupou and Mansour can get picked on the wing then surely Rona would get a call up.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell wouldn't they bring in benji Marshall !? With Shaun and foran both injured

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Rona is kicking himself for not staying at the cowboys?

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rona would definitely make it into the Aussie side. The Kangaroos are not as great as they once were. If Alex Johnston,Matautia, Dugan, Tupou and Mansour can get picked on the wing then surely Rona would get a call up.
Tupou, Johnston and Mansour are great wingers that's why they were chosen there.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the hell wouldn't they bring in benji Marshall !? With Shaun and foran both injured
He will never play for the Kiwis again. I thought that he might go for him as well. I'm happy they didn't pick him anyway for me its just a big step back I'd rather go with the young guys, the guys that will be better for the run when the World Cup comes around.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tupou, Johnston and Mansour are great wingers that's why they were chosen there.
You missed my point. What im trying to say is if players of those caliber can make the wing then it's possible for Rona to get selected. No way are they a class above Rona, Rona does the same stuff they do week in week out. Matautia cant even make first grade and Tupou is overrated.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood has been a very under rated player for years. If he was eligible for Queensland I think he would be picked every year.
IMO, Eastwood is the hardest hitter in the game. Plus great hands and footwork.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You missed my point. What im trying to say is if players of those caliber can make the wing then it's possible for Rona to get selected. No way are they a class above Rona, Rona does the same stuff they do week in week out. Matautia cant even make first grade and Tupou is overrated.
Sorry tupou isn't overrated I'd kill to have him on Perrets wing. He's a great runner and prolific try scorer no way over rated

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry tupou isn't overrated I'd kill to have him on Perrets wing. He's a great runner and prolific try scorer no way over rated

Geez I'd kill to have any other winger on perretts wing.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still think you are missing his point mate. Aussies are not the same side it was 10 years ago Rona could def make the Aussie side some of the wingers thy have picked over the last few seasons haven't been at a calibre that is too much higher then Rona

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Jason Nightingale 3. Jordan Kahu 4.Dean Whare 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Peta Hiku 7. Tuimoala Lolohea 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Isaac Luke 10. Ben Matulino 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Martin Taupau 14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Adam Blair 16. Sam Moa 17. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 18. Alex Glenn 19. Gerard Beale 20. Lewis Brown

Rona didnt make the side.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Jason Nightingale 3. Jordan Kahu 4.Dean Whare 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Peta Hiku 7. Tuimoala Lolohea 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Isaac Luke 10. Ben Matulino 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Martin Taupau 14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Adam Blair 16. Sam Moa 17. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 18. Alex Glenn 19. Gerard Beale 20. Lewis Brown

Rona didnt make the side.
Nightingale in front of Rona. Just had a look at the stats for 2015 - Nightingale scored 5 tries, 1 try assist, 7 line breaks vs Rona 22 tries, 5 try assists and 22 line breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.