Cult status candidates ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
There's three reasons why I got behind the Joel Romelo bandwagon when he was with us.

1. I saw him play. On my birthday. For Penrith U20's. He scored 3 tries and smashed two of our players into a stint in the dressing sheds.

2. I made an idiotic thread the next day saying we should sign him (because idiotic threads saying sign player "X" were all the rage at the time) and 6 months later, lightning struck and all of a sudden my silly little idea has become reality.

3. I missed most of the fun when Brad Morrin was with us.

So it got me thinking about who we have lurking behind the scenes as the next incumbent to our long history of "cult status heroes".

In the past such giants of Belmore's yesteryear included, Geoff Robinson, Cement Gillespie, Mitch Newton, Jarrod McCracken, Jason Hetherington, Hazem El Masri, Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley ... Players who would electrify the fanbase with the sound of their surnames in the teamsheet.

Who's next ?
Surely it's not just James !

Does Big Klem have what it takes to galvanise the masses ?

Dont get me wrong, I love all our lads. Most times I get a sense of 'calm' and 'security' when names like Eastwood get mentioned.

But is there anyone in any grade that makes YOU go "F*ck YEAH ... Can't wait !!!" ???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nah Klem is too "big time" and known now.

In order to get Cult Status it has to be someone with a big of character, and something unique about them.

I'd say there are four guys the Bulldogs have who have the potential for cult status.

1. Corey Thompson.
2. David Minute (but he's BADLY out of form).
3. Tupou Iongi (he's a massive unit, with the best afro and beard the NRL has seen in a long time). It's like a ball of hair running...
4. Tim Browne. The Timinator with his metal plate is smashing everything these days. Such an underrated player imho.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer for sure, he always has battles with the oppositions forwards.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
kasiano/pritchard if they get back the beards

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Rona might be a shot, he has the talent clearly, as as he develops so will his personality.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
brad morrin for life!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's easily Klemmer. He's a lunatic.

If he scores a match winner one day i wanna see him do a gabba dance lol.

Whoever mentioned Browney is a genius. TELL ME HE COULDN'T MAKE THIS LOOK GOOD

View attachment 22557

View attachment 22558

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Both knee lifters of the highest order

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's three reasons why I got behind the Joel Romelo bandwagon when he was with us.

1. I saw him play. On my birthday. For Penrith U20's. He scored 3 tries and smashed two of our players into a stint in the dressing sheds.

2. I made an idiotic thread the next day saying we should sign him (because idiotic threads saying sign player "X" were all the rage at the time) and 6 months later, lightning struck and all of a sudden my silly little idea has become reality.

So it got me thinking about who we have lurking behind the scenes as the next incumbent to our long history of "cult status heroes".

In the past such giants of Belmore's yesteryear included, Geoff Robinson, Cement Gillespie, Mitch Newton, Jarrod McCracken, Jason Hetherington, Hazem El Masri, Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley ... Players who would electrify the fanbase with the sound of their surnames in the teamsheet.

Who's next ?

Dont get me wrong, I love all our lads. Most times I get a sense of 'calm' and 'security' when names like Eastwood get mentioned.

But is there anyone in any grade that makes YOU go "F*ck YEAH ... Can't wait !!!" ???
Big Klem is THE man and will be one of the greatest ever cult heros

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. When Klem finally gets into the starting line up he will be our main man.

I'll also go with Klemmer - he does already electrify me.

Kasiano could if...consistency.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who's next ?

"Galvanise the masses" Nice, I get that - nice post.

For some reason reminds me of times at Belmore in the 80's with Cement, Folkes, Kelly, Tunks, Bugden, the Mortimers coached by Warren Ryan etc where our pack was so intimidating we almost (not really) felt sorry for the opposition.
One day against Norths, you could feel the fear from the side-line as the boys blew them off the park.
Very Galvanising!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
HERMAN

Love him. Love everything about him after 2-3 hit ups.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing makes my ball fro tickle more than a hard **** the skittles blokes.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Es'esse. That dude runs like a mad prick !
He reminds me of tapau when he burst onto the scene. Got the crowd up every time he touched the ball.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
....wait. That is by far and away the gayest sentence ever posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.