Opinion Critta leadership Material

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From the first whistle of the game the boys looked switched on. Defence was very impressive, our attack still needs some work but definitely an improvement from last year.

But it was Crittas leadership that WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE constantly barking orders. One moment that stood out to me was when we were up 26 zip and I believe we took the ball out or we kicked the ball dead, i was sitting near the 30m line on the hill side, we lined up to defend and he was behind the line shouting at the boys making sure to aim up ( Im guessing thats what he was doing) while slowly walking back to his position.

3 games into his captaincy career and he's already showed more then what burton and Reed offered.

Hopefully its a sign of great things to come.
Really good decision by CC, last year was a bit of an experiment with Reed and Matt, I think Reed does have some good qualities as a skipper but tried too hard and made a lot of mistakes on the field and Matt is a quiet natured bloke who’s better off just worrying about playing and kicking goals.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I could never understand why anyone bitched about paying critta 800k. There are teams paying their centres just as much, but are no where near as good as him!
That’s the point mate the short sighted among us couldn’t see it was never about what position he was going to play.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His ability to communicate must be impacting everyone we simply haven’t kept an NRL side to nil for so long. Kikau’ effort plays must also be setting some standards.
Is he the reason kikau has gone up a level this season?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said it before at the pre season games, he was barking against the sharks when he was on. To me it’s about the game day pressure we have on us to see how we react, Saturday was a perfect example on how we should be playing no matter the score behind or in front, we should be communicating all over the park.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau & Critta lead the way on Saturday and by the looks of it they've inspired the whole team to lift & follow them, not bad for a couple of so called “luxury” signings ..

Special mention to Presto magic, he was huge, and Curran also said follow me .. not getting carried away, it’s just the one win so far, but I feel this team is building towards something special.

The bigger picture that the crew couldn’t see, is slowly opening up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Critta talking to fans. Link is good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As good as he is,We still go away from him far too often.He needs alot more ball.
Seems a def tactic. Appear to go right far more often than we have previously.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I could never understand why anyone bitched about paying critta 800k. There are teams paying their centres just as much, but are no where near as good as him!
Not to mention he has turned out to be our captain. IF that figure is really his salary and you compare it to not only other centres but also other captains, then how many other captains are on less then that figure?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest take away for me other then his barking orders to his players is his left hand side. Every time a kick went up in attack he led the left side with kiks and Tracey and Burton, he holds the left side accountable just watch the last 2 games and you’ll see it clearly. Also special mention to Burton his kicks out of our own half saves us heaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m licking my lips at the potential of that side with more experience together. We have to remember that it’s only been a few games. Critta will improve and help the others improve with his leadership and becoming more comfortable in his role. Burton-Kikau-Critta-Foxx with Tracey chiming in from the back! This could be a deadly backline. And that’s just one (but the most potent) side.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not to mention he has turned out to be our captain. IF that figure is really his salary and you compare it to not only other centres but also other captains, then how many other captains are on less then that figure?
The silence from those who were opposed to the Critta signing is deafening uce lol.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sign him for 10 years like Josh Morris. See how he lifts Kiks too