Cricket 2022/23 thread

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
One of the greatest knocks I've ever seen. What a maxi! 201 not out severely cramping can barely run. Was doing it in boundaries

Hats off to Cummins for staying in and just blocking.

We didn't deserve the win the way we batting and doesn't mask the fact we keep collapsing

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the greatest knocks I've ever seen. What a maxi! 201 not out severely cramping can barely run. Was doing it in boundaries

Hats off to Cummins for staying in and just blocking.

We didn't deserve the win the way we batting and doesn't mask the fact we keep collapsing
Our shot selection was PTSD from the Indian Test tour

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Watch us miraculously find our best form and win the cup off the back of that innings, guys. Buckle up lol

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Wow :hushed: Can’t believe that happened! The big show showing up in the hour of need

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ooft double century from Maxwell to win Australia the game

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
with 3rd spot locked in for Australia surely they rotate and rest some of our bowlers for the Bangladesh game?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD Maxwell..just wow..greatest one day innings considering what he went through physically and mentally. But how crap were the rest of the Aussies? And if if the simple chance off Maxwell at 33 was held Aussies would have been completely embarrassed. Kudos to Cummins for staying with him.

As someone said in a comment I read, a few of the others might need to fall off a golf kart as well if it makes you pull a performance out like that!

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched it as it unfolded. One of the most amazing innings/partnerships you will ever see in a one day game. When his whole body went into shock with about 80 to get I didn’t think he had it in him to continue let alone win the game. Unbelievable

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a win, do feel with our squad to come 2nd or 3rd is an overachievement all the way through it's been like we are getting through on this performance or that, bar the match against the Netherlands who are horrible, have we had a complete performance? Our bowling leaves a LOT to be desired to win it anyway (especially at the death) but you just never know in a final with all the pressure on India.

My side going forward and it won't happen as it would mean Cummins has to leave out one of his mates

1. Head
2. Warner
3. Smith (we saw why we needed him last night)
4. Lab (again not sold but these are the types you need)
5. Marsh (float up or down depening when the first wicket falls, if it's after 10 overs he stays here or comes in in the last 10)
6. Maxwell
7. Green (offers more with the ball than Stoinis and he can at east bat normally)
8. Inglis or Carey (non fussed which one really, if Inglis plays can we stop sending him in at 5, it's too soon)
9. Abbott (he'd offer just as much with the ball in India as Starc and is a significantly better bat)
10. Cummins
11. Zampa

notes: personally I'd have played a second spinner but we ridiculously haven't picked one, Head/Max to act as the second spinner, Travis in Indian conditions is very handy anyway

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Didn't watch it. Anyone know what Travis head got?

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a win, do feel with our squad to come 2nd or 3rd is an overachievement all the way through it's been like we are getting through on this performance or that, bar the match against the Netherlands who are horrible, have we had a complete performance? Our bowling leaves a LOT to be desired to win it anyway (especially at the death) but you just never know in a final with all the pressure on India.

My side going forward and it won't happen as it would mean Cummins has to leave out one of his mates

1. Head
2. Warner
3. Smith (we saw why we needed him last night)
4. Lab (again not sold but these are the types you need)
5. Marsh (float up or down depening when the first wicket falls, if it's after 10 overs he stays here or comes in in the last 10)
6. Maxwell
7. Green (offers more with the ball than Stoinis and he can at east bat normally)
8. Inglis or Carey (non fussed which one really, if Inglis plays can we stop sending him in at 5, it's too soon)
9. Abbott (he'd offer just as much with the ball in India as Starc and is a significantly better bat)
10. Cummins
11. Zampa

notes: personally I'd have played a second spinner but we ridiculously haven't picked one, Head/Max to act as the second spinner, Travis in Indian conditions is very handy anyway
Stoinis shouldn't be anywhere near International Cricket.

I fly Lyon over to be part of the bowling with Zampa.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I missed a chunk of it passed out fairly pissed from the day lol but woke up when he was legless and about 130 odd..was amazing to watch
WOW WOW what a dig, he was the big show tonight alright what a fucking legend.