Craig Field killed some bloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8500021/ex-nrl-star-may-face-murder-charge

Former NRL player Craig Field is expected to be charged with murder after a 50-year-old man he allegedly punched to the ground outside a NSW north coast hotel died in hospital today.

Kelvin Kane was found unconscious outside a Kingscliff hotel by police and paramedics at about 9.15pm last night.

He was given CPR before being conveyed to Tweed Heads Hospital for emergency treatment.

Police said Mr Kane died in hospital this afternoon at 1.15pm.

Field, 39, and a 41-year-old man were arrested at the scene and charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm before the victim's death today.

Police said this afternoon the charges against both men would be upgraded to murder.

They are expected to appear at Tweed Heads Local Court today.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has now been charged with murder about an hour ago.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
FMD that's pretty heavy sh1t, maybe he didn't mean to kill him but you gotta watch when they fall and hit their head on the concrete, same thing happend to a young bloke in Hamilton a few years ago.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
FMD that's pretty heavy sh1t, maybe he didn't mean to kill him but you gotta watch when they fall and hit their head on the concrete, same thing happend to a young bloke in Hamilton a few years ago.
Same thing happened to that poor kid when he got king hit at the cross by some random bloke

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Same thing happened to that poor kid when he got king hit at the cross by some random bloke
Wasn't Hopoate involved in a bashing where one of his work mates killed a bloke and Hoppa was charged with assault? This the one your talking bout?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
This other bloke should be copping half the heat since he has been charged with the same sh!t (But he is not famous/recognised)

I cant really say anything except Condolences to victims family

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's the King hit that's the worry, getting one when you least expect it from some spineless c**t!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't Hopoate involved in a bashing where one of his work mates killed a bloke and Hoppa was charged with assault? This the one your talking bout?
Nah, Hoppa was just caught out trying to stick his finger up other players A**'s some years ago during footy games and then became a Christian and then found God.
Not accurate but pretty close.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I see you havent been watching the news lately

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the media will be staked outside my local courthouse tomorrow, though he's only appearing via videolink. But with today's justice system, they may of charged him with murder, but the courts will downgrade it to manslaughter or even grevious bodily harm occasioning death, and no doubt will get some sorry as5 2-5 years with non parole of 18 months or something. It's pathetic people can kill someone, rape someone, pedo's molest children and they serve weak sentences, yet a man get grow pot and be sentenced to 9 years. Shows our amazing court system.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Some people argue for, others against, me personally I do not see any reason why we can't have mandatory minimum sentences, and do away with parole completely. Do the crime, do the time, simple as that.

If you did something like this in some countries you'd be facing the firing squad.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people argue for, others against, me personally I do not see any reason why we can't have mandatory minimum sentences, and do away with parole completely. Do the crime, do the time, simple as that.

If you did something like this in some countries you'd be facing the firing squad.
Exactly, If you get sentenced to say 20 years, then you should serve 20 years, parole is bullsh*t, they wonder why 99% of them re-offend whilst out on parole. Another person dies, or gets bashed or raped or hurt because courts want to flush out the jails from being overcrowded.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I see you havent been watching the news lately
I left the greatest suburb on earth (Belmore) and moved south of the border last year, so I don't get much news from Sydney. News down here is 80% AFL related.. wouldn't really call it news tbh.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
legally this whole king hit stuff is a tricky area if someone is convicted of murder then if someone else king hits someone but they dont die they should in theory be charged with attempted murder, but that would neva happen, which raises questions, as does what is the legal explanation of a king hit as aside to a punch.

anyway rip this bloke and hope our legal system does what is needed to field n this other bloke

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump.... found this on The Guardian of all places. Didn't find anything on more mainstream sites, but I think this is an AAP article, so it probably appears in a few places...

<header class="content__head tonal__head tonal__head--tone-news " style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Guardian Text Egyptian Web', Georgia, serif; font-size: medium; line-height: 21.81818199157715px;">Craig Field, former NRL star, found guilty of manslaughter
Rugby league player had been accused of murder outside hotel in north New South Wales, but was found guilty of the lesser charge
</header><figure itemprop="associatedMedia image" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" data-component="image" class="media-primary media-content" style="margin: 0px;">
<figcaption class="caption caption--main caption--img" itemprop="description" style="min-height: 1.75rem; max-width: none; padding: 0.5rem 0px 1.5rem; font-size: 0.75rem; line-height: 1rem; font-family: 'Guardian Text Sans Web', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif; color: rgb(118, 118, 118);"> Craig Field in 2001, playing for Wests Tigers against St George Illawarra Dragons. Photograph: Daniel Berehulak/AAP

Former NRL player Craig Field has been found guilty of manslaughter over the death of a cattle farmer at a pub in 2012.</figcaption></figure>The former South Sydney rugby league captain was accused of murdering Kelvin Kane outside a hotel at Kingscliff on the NSW north coast in July 2012.
On Tuesday the supreme court jury in Lismore found him not guilty of murder but guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter.
Kane, 50, was found lying unconscious outside the pub. Field was arrested at the scene.
Kane was placed on life support in hospital but later died.
Field will return to court for mention on 15 December.
Between 1990 and 2001, Field played for South Sydney Rabbitohs, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, Balmain Tigers and Wests Tigers.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole thing didn't make sense, Field appeared to be the aggressor and Kane didn't want to fight but got hammered anyway, lucky he didn't get done for murder.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Once a Rabbitoh, always a criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.