News Cowboys weapon Jason Taumalolo axed as Captain

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ryan Sutton, Blake Wilson & Jeral Skelton for JT. Cowboys pay 500k a season for the last 2 seasons of his contract.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure he is worth 750k now, certainly won't be in 2 or 3 years at the rate he has been deteriorating
3 reasons why I'm not sure either
Duration of his contract, His age, His fitness levels and enthusiasm
The question is, How desperate are we for a prop ?
The other question, How desperate are the Cows and how much they are prepared to pay to let go of him ?

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ryan Sutton, Blake Wilson & Jeral Skelton for JT. Cowboys pay 500k a season for the last 2 seasons of his contract.
Not Wilson, can have the rest

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As long as we have JAC & Kiraz he'll always be a backup.
Ideally I see Wilson replacing Fox. In a year or so. Or alternatively if Critta has to play FB, Kiraz centre, Wilson wing. Just couldn't cop losing our best and most versatile reserve back

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ideally I see Wilson replacing Fox. In a year or so. Or alternatively if Critta has to play FB, Kiraz centre, Wilson wing. Just couldn't cop losing our best and most versatile reserve back
Critta will play centre. Tracey & Xerri are the next 2 options.

I think Wilson is a little overrated. I'd rather Skelton than Wilson.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Critta will play centre. Tracey & Xerri are the next 2 options.

I think Wilson is a little overrated. I'd rather Skelton than Wilson.
Time will tell I guess. Wilson is fit as fuck and to me seems to be faster and a better system player.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Time will tell I guess. Wilson is fit as fuck and to me seems to be faster and a better system player.
He's already 24 though & isn't a NRL regular. If he is what gets us a good middle then I'm all for it. I'd trade JAC for JT but he moved from Melbourne because he wanted to be in Sydney.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
As long as we have JAC & Kiraz he'll always be a backup.
I can see a situation where Tracey plays fullback and Critta and Kiraz are the centres. CC likes Wilson may try to squeeze him in.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 reasons why I'm not sure either
Duration of his contract, His age, His fitness levels and enthusiasm
The question is, How desperate are we for a prop ?
The other question, How desperate are the Cows and how much they are prepared to pay to let go of him ?
I can't see him wanting to leave really. But we are probably desperate enough to enquire. The cows would have to pay 400k in freight to make it a good deal for us

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cows have had to upgrade and re-sign some players and I think their cap is under pressure. JT's salary is a liability on their cap so if they can free up let's say $700k then they definitely will offload him and at that price it's a bargain and not many clubs have it except for Dogs and maybe Dragons.

Demoting him from club captain is a way of saying mate, we want you, but we don't really. The Cows are going to ruffle his feathers or in this case squeeze hit teets a little so it won't surprise me if we hear about a meeting with his manager and Cows about his future.

Sure no clubs can approach him but we know this is crap, it happens indirectly and now the word is out (which the Cows want) clubs will be enquiring no doubt.

Gus should start to heat up the wok in the kitchen of the leagues club and put a little bit of beef in black bean sauce in front of JT and his manager.

Get it done Gus. The last time we had a JT at the club we won the comp. Hmm....

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Cows have had to upgrade and re-sign some players and I think their cap is under pressure. JT's salary is a liability on their cap so if they can free up let's say $700k then they definitely will offload him and at that price it's a bargain and not many clubs have it except for Dogs and maybe Dragons.

Demoting him from club captain is a way of saying mate, we want you, but we don't really. The Cows are going to ruffle his feathers or in this case squeeze hit teets a little so it won't surprise me if we hear about a meeting with his manager and Cows about his future.

Sure no clubs can approach him but we know this is crap, it happens indirectly and now the word is out (which the Cows want) clubs will be enquiring no doubt.

Gus should start to heat up the wok in the kitchen of the leagues club and put a little bit of beef in black bean sauce in front of JT and his manager.

Get it done Gus. The last time we had a JT at the club we won the comp. Hmm....
We had Jackson Topine last season...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He could still be good playing the simple role as a middle BUT.
$750k for 4 yars would be an extra BIG mistake in my opinion, I'd say $750K for 1 year or $500K for 2 years with options in our clubs favour for the remaining 2.
lets not ignore the fact that his form has gone down hill in recent years and he is likely to go down hill further and produce a NAPA like preformance for us.
Why would anyone give up a 4 year deal to a 2 year contract with a club option?