Covid games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey I’d be all for them paying bills too
But there isn’t a vaccine that gives you 96% coverage from death for smoking and drug use either

This vaccine gives you that

These people ARE giving the choice of a VACCINE to keep them out of hospital
Smokers and drug user are not offered a vaccine to keep them out of hospital

Do do you think people who refuse the vaccine but get covid and need hospitalisation should foot the bill?

That’s the question
If it comes down to should they foot the bill, I don't think so assuming everyone else is getting free care. But if two similarly symptomatic patients require the one available bed etc and one has refused vaccination and the other acted in a responsible manner and got the vaccination, I'd kick out the anti vaxxer first.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone got a good argument against that ?
Well I would suggest that working Australians do in fact pay for it via the Medicare levy, which was to provide FREE health care for ALL Australians.
The public should not be disadvantaged by govt mismanagement of peoples taxes, they've had plenty of time to prepare hospitals to cope with (possible) outbreaks.

By the by, I do sort of agree with the sentiment that untaxed should pay & yes I've had my jabs

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the nrl are trying to have the unvaccinated players cover the costs of the extra precautions/protocols the nrl would need to employ because of their choice.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with Singapore, if you don’t want the jab that s 100% your choice
But if you need hospitalisation from covid and you have chosen not to get vaxxed you should 100% foot the bill

Yep, private medical insurance, all players have it provided by their club. So they would not be paying anyway. Same applies to general populace with private health cover. Singapore operates similar to the UK National Health Service, so it works there.

Always a Bulldog

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's The problem, most of the dumb fucks that blindly follow the MSM don't respect other decisions that choose not to get vaxxed.

Just another tool in their divide and conquer agenda.
You are right, for people that doesn't know what MSM is, it's Main-Stream Media not some health disease it's worse...
It's the Brainwashing and Manipulating tool for the new world order to control humanity :cry: :rage:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also have a CHOICE to not smoke or take drugs. Same same
Addiction is a disease mate, you may not like if but it is. Or are you saying that being an Anti-Vaxxer is a disease too. I'd probably accept maybe some with schizophrenia and yes they should have access to the same healthcare.

Another simple solution would be an increase in the medicare levy for those that choose not to be vaccinated... Taking illegal drugs is simply illegal however smoking and alcohol have additional taxes that are in part supposed to assist with government medical costs.

Oh and if you say they can't charge you more because you decide not to do something... What do you think the Medicare Levy Surcharge is? Its an additional levy you will pay if you decide to not have private health insurance. simples...

Last edited:

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
...additional taxes that are in part supposed to assist with government medical costs.
I remember reading that even though these levies are in place, the govt still ends up paying far more in healthcare costs for treating the various problems that arise from excess smoking and drinking.

Increasing the taxes for the unvaxxed would be a start, but I reckon there would still be a massive imbalance in the costs, just like for smoking and drinking. You can't dently them healthcare based on their income though, and no-one wants us to become even a little bit like the US.

Maybe they should just set up a hospital for the unvaxxed in Byron Bay...

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I’d be all for them paying bills too
But there isn’t a vaccine that gives you 96% coverage from death for smoking and drug use either

This vaccine gives you that

These people ARE giving the choice of a VACCINE to keep them out of hospital
Smokers and drug user are not offered a vaccine to keep them out of hospital

Do do you think people who refuse the vaccine but get covid and need hospitalisation should foot the bill?

That’s the question
96% coverage from death, source please

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I remember reading that even though these levies are in place, the govt still ends up paying far more in healthcare costs for treating the various problems that arise from excess smoking and drinking.

Increasing the taxes for the unvaxxed would be a start, but I reckon there would still be a massive imbalance in the costs, just like for smoking and drinking. You can't dently them healthcare based on their income though, and no-one wants us to become even a little bit like the US.

Maybe they should just set up a hospital for the unvaxxed in Byron Bay...
It used to be true for smoking. But the taxes now actually make the govt a profit now. In more ways than one. As your more likely to live shorter no not as many years on the pension etc. If they were serious about our health. They would just say if your turning 18 today, you just can't smoke in your lifetime. That would remove that entire industry over the next 20 years.

Drinking is a whole another kettle of fish. It's the side thing rather than health issues that cause the most harm and cost the most. LIke domestic violence etc cause a much higher strain as it causes a massive misuse of resources via police attendance, family breakups requiring emergency housing etc. No way they are banning drinking though.

As for those who choose not to be vaxxed. It's going to be like the USA for some. It's all good until either a friend gets it and suffers horribly from it, or they do and that compels their family and friends who waited to run down and get themselves some jabs. In the USA those who have to go to the hospital have to pay for the costs now if they get COVID out of their own pocket. Thank god we don't have that system here. From my own personal experience, I had an accident that caused me to spend a year in rehab, on a disability pension, but I put the work in to get fit again, got my career back, and more than paid back the money the govt spent doing that for me. I'm sure not everybody has that drive, but enough don't want to live on the pension the rest of their lives. I watched enough people struggling trying that life growing up.

Malla

Reaction score
Is this the fat tub of lard that reported Parra secure Mahoney last week?
**** is begging to go viral

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all agree that the current vaccination DOES NOT stop COVID-19 being contracted it only reduces it's severity, the experts and politicians keep telling us there is no current cure and we have to learn how to live with the virus, meaning vaccinated or not every human being is still vulnerable !!!
Therefore by law the solution to the standoff should be...
None vaccinated players if contracted the virus must pay their own medical bills and loose wage for the number of games they miss as a result...I'd say that's fair !!!
My question is why haven't The NRL think of that yet ???
Mate we are so lucky that we don’t have to foot the bill for the medical stuff here.. I know in a particular country your treatment for COVID-19 is 50k+ usd

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate we are so lucky that we don’t have to foot the bill for the medical stuff here.. I know in a particular country your treatment for COVID-19 is 50k+ usd
Australia...Heaven on Earth !!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with Singapore, if you don’t want the jab that s 100% your choice
But if you need hospitalisation from covid and you have chosen not to get vaxxed you should 100% foot the bill

Yes, I do.

You see Pfizer NEVER tested that the vaccine was effective from preventing transmission. And they have finally admitted it in a hearing in the European Union. Here is an interview with the man who asked the question & the answer from the Pfizer Executive. Anybody who approved this vaccine should be hung for this. What's the point of mandating a vaccine that was not tested at all properly?

BOMBSHELL! Rob Roos ~ Pfizer Admits the Covid "Vaccines" Ability to Prevent Transmission Was Never Tested! (rumble.com)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I do.

You see Pfizer NEVER tested that the vaccine was effective from preventing transmission. And they have finally admitted it in a hearing in the European Union. Here is an interview with the man who asked the question & the answer from the Pfizer Executive. Anybody who approved this vaccine should be hung for this. What's the point of mandating a vaccine that was not tested at all properly?

BOMBSHELL! Rob Roos ~ Pfizer Admits the Covid "Vaccines" Ability to Prevent Transmission Was Never Tested! (rumble.com)
Blah blah blah

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, I do.

It is a moot argument, it is like saying the 'all you can eat salad bar' is kept at the right temperature, but there are no guarantees you aren't going to have diarrhoea for a week!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I do.

I thought @coach asked a good argument not a conspiracy theory.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought @coach asked a good argument not a conspiracy theory.
Complicity theorist - someone who’s to stupid to do their own research . “ get vaccinated to protect you and your loved ones “ would you like a side effect with that jab? Looks like the unvaxxed have been fine just like the weekly covid reports showing all the vaxxed filled icu not the unvaxxed

Status
Not open for further replies.