Cover of your Favourite Song

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What are some of your favourite original songs sung by other artists..
Here is Disturbed singing a powerful live rendition of Simon and Garfunkel’s ‘Sound of Sound’ on Conan..

A great version. Apparently nailed the studio version in one take too. I have heaps of favourite covers, I’ll post a few below.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Jeff Buckley covering Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’. Was lucky enough to see Jeff play a couple of times before he drowned. At the Enmore in ‘96, after rocking out with his band he played this as an encore: just him, his guitar and a spotlight. You could hear a pin drop:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jeff Buckley covering Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’. Was lucky enough to see Jeff play a couple of times before he drowned. At the Enmore in ‘96, after rocking out with his band he played this as an encore: just him, his guitar and a spotlight. You could hear a pin drop:
Whoa..you got to see him live..just fantastic..wow!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have many favourites including the ones posted (especially Hurt)

Disturbed do some of the best covers

Karnivool do a great cover of Sleeping Satellite

For the heavier ones, Machine Head have done some excellent covers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa..you got to see him live..just fantastic..wow!
Twice. The Enmore and Selina’s at Coogee. Missed the show at the Phonecian Club in ‘95. Grace was one of the best albums of the 90’s in my view, he was a super talent, way more than his dad although I think they shared a few of the same demons. See below, I still have the gig ad from the back page of the Drum Media and ticket to the Enmore show (note before Sydney had 8 digit phone numbers and there were no websites for booking). Yes I’m showing my age :-):
IMG_6856.jpeg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mick Jagger and Lenny Kravitz did a pretty cool version of Bill Withers ‘Use Me’:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jimmy Barnes, Soul Deep, did a whole album of covers. This was my favourite, (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher, by Jackie Wilson..