News 'Couldn't have asked for more': Stephen Crichton lauded after 'outstanding' captaincy move

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was initially sceptical as I thought the situation was probably going to be too much for him. A bottom feeder club, a rookie coach and probably a team that was low on confidence. A little of it might be Ciro, but it’s clear that critta has a really good influence on the place, everyone seems to have improved and I think critta has something to do with that
It’s more than a little CC , I think he signed Critta to the club specifically to be our captain regardless of what position he played .

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s more than a little CC , I think he signed Critta to the club specifically to be our captain regardless of what position he played .
100%, while TK members were arguing that we paid too much for Critta to play in the centres and wanted him to play fullback to justify his pay packet, CC had other ideas, he’s paying him to be our leader to lead the culture change at our club. That my friend is priceless.
Where’s that c*ck 04 dreaming? Wish we can all pin him down and fart on his face!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
100%, while TK members were arguing that we paid too much for Critta to play in the centres and wanted him to play fullback to justify his pay packet, CC had other ideas, he’s paying him to be our leader to lead the culture change at our club. That my friend is priceless.
Where’s that c*ck 04 dreaming? Wish we can all pin him down and fart on his face!
Said it before Critta at 800k was a fucking steal regardless of where he plays as for 04 knob jockey fuck that pos and his circle jerk posse .

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I’m putting up my hands. Bagged ciro and was very frustrated at a lot of things. But I’m glad I’ve got egg on my face. The team is playing as one unit and we are in a far better position than the last few years. Love the so called utilities that I really didn’t like early in the year. Bloody fantastic in all departments…. Great work Gus and Ciro. All I ask now is for 1-2 big body forwards which we need to go that next step. And maybe a defensive 7 with a spark of attack.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep I’m putting up my hands. Bagged ciro and was very frustrated at a lot of things. But I’m glad I’ve got egg on my face. The team is playing as one unit and we are in a far better position than the last few years. Love the so called utilities that I really didn’t like early in the year. Bloody fantastic in all departments…. Great work Gus and Ciro. All I ask now is for 1-2 big body forwards which we need to go that next step. And maybe a defensive 7 with a spark of attack.
Gotta join you there CBD. Concerns were relevant last year but this year it's certainly not relevant to question CC's decisions....even some decisions, fans can't understand, at present.

He'll never get a100% approval rating on TK or anywhere else with our fan base, but anyone not prepared to trust in the guy at this stage is not being realistic with what has been achieved up till now.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Critta embraced the captaincy whereas Burton and Reed weren’t ready

Now those two are playing good footy without the burden of captaincy
Critta was always a leader uce. I think i called it first on here when he first signed. He was always a good talker on the field and the one leading prayers which you know means something to us considering he is young

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Critta and Kiraz will be on the Matty Johns show after the footy today

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tigers game will be a hard game.. form won't count they always lift against us.
They’ll give us opportunities because they fade in and out of matches (much like us at times), we just need to apply the pressure for 80min. This game does worry me more than if we were playing a top 4 team because of potential complacency.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They’ll give us opportunities because they fade in and out of matches (much like us at times), we just need to apply the pressure for 80min. This game does worry me more than if we were playing a top 4 team because of potential complacency.
Be a good test for us to test our consistency and application for the 80 minute gameplan devised by CC. Tiges not Top 8 quality as yet anyway but a good test of whether we can come out after a bye and get into the fight from the kick off and beyond.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the dogs get there fingers out of there a**ses and play like they have the past two weeks they win.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Only 2 centres are worth 800k a season. Crichton & Manu.
Farnworth without a doubt is in the same conversation. One could argue that he’s even better than C and M.
I would add Holmes to that list.

There appears to be a number of centres on around $800k, Crichton, Holmes, Best, Manu, Farnworth, Staggs, Lomax, Graham and Suaalii with Tago looking to join them with his new contract.

Whether they are worth ~$800k is a different question.

Always a Bulldog

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Farnworth without a doubt is in the same conversation. One could argue that he’s even better than C and M.
Nah. Broncos haven't really missed him & he hasn't done much for the Dolphins.

He's in the next tier of centres.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the dogs get there fingers out of there a**ses and play like they have the past two weeks they win.
That’s it 100%, we’ve been very good this year, I’m sure CC will have the boys firing for it.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just seen Critta and Kiraz on the Matty Johns show.

they asked Critta would he give up one of his Penrith premiership rings for a Dogs Grand final win this year and he said yes.

Then they said would you give up all 3 rings for a dogs grand final and he took a long time to consider it before saying no not all 3 just for a grand final. He even asked first about a grand final win before confirming his answer