Could This Be The Prop Headed Our Way for The 2024 Season

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Souffs wouldn't be that stupid.

It is a contract year for Knight, King, Hughes and Patolo. If they can't perform better than Waddell in a contract year they have to go.
You have got this the wrong wast round. Not sure how much we are paying but suspect not market, unless we lock them down they will have offers elsewhere. They will be calling the shots.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of us picking up rejects. Every single player we've signed was virtually a reject including Crichton and Kikau. Panthers were willing to sacrifice both to keep others who were higher priority. When are we gonna sign a couple of players clubs want to keep / don't want to sacrifice for others etc ? We don't need f..king Klemmer. We need AFB more than anyone on the field and if we're beaten for his services by the Tigers or Dragons or even worse the f..king Roosters then Gus can f..k off

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sick of us picking up rejects. Every single player we've signed was virtually a reject including Crichton and Kikau. Panthers were willing to sacrifice both to keep others who were higher priority. When are we gonna sign a couple of players clubs want to keep / don't want to sacrifice for others etc ? We don't need f..king Klemmer. We need AFB more than anyone on the field and if we're beaten for his services by the Tigers or Dragons or even worse the f..king Roosters then Gus can f..k off
Depends what you mean by reject...
On your books, probably just out of frustration, sounds like any player that has their current clubs contract offer outbid, becomes a reject. You probably shouldn't see it that way, bit dramatic.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Option 1: Sign Klemmer for next year (2 year deal) and go after AFB or May for 2025
Option 2: Go into 2024 with our current middles and go after AFB and May for 2025

Keeping in mind AFB (especially) and May aren't guarantees. Klemmer would make our middles a lot more competitive next year. We're very light on middles currently. I guess need to weigh up short term vs long term approach (option 1 has a bit of both, option 2 long term). Gus likes to think we have good middles coming through as well, not so sure myself.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option 1: Sign Klemmer for next year (2 year deal) and go after AFB or May for 2025
Option 2: Go into 2024 with our current middles and go after AFB and May for 2025

Keeping in mind AFB (especially) and May aren't guarantees. Klemmer would make our middles a lot more competitive next year. We're very light on middles currently. I guess need to weigh up short term vs long term approach (option 1 has a bit of both, option 2 long term). Gus likes to think we have good middles coming through as well, not so sure myself.
We're not sure Klemmer is available for 2024. Tigers don't need the funds freed up until 2025. They could be shopping him now for 2025. AFB and May (both) hopefully are our priority then Dearden OR Luai. Klemmer yes but only if we miss out on all these.

I really think Gus f..ked up / was lazy. He should have known SST was a good chance of failing his medical even from his own admission in that interview late last year. There were a few props available IF he'd acted sooner - ie: Keppie, McLean, Jaiyden Hunt from the Dragons just signed a day or so ago with the Broncos but we signed Poasa F who looks to be the worst of the lot and not even in our top 30 LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We're not sure Klemmer is available for 2024. Tigers don't need the funds freed up until 2025. They could be shopping him now for 2025. AFB and May (both) hopefully are our priority then Dearden OR Luai. Klemmer yes but only if we miss out on all these.

I really think Gus f..ked up / was lazy. He should have known SST was a good chance of failing his medical even from his own admission in that interview late last year. There were a few props available IF he'd acted sooner - ie: Keppie, McLean, Jaiyden Hunt from the Dragons just signed a day or so ago with the Broncos but we signed Poasa F who looks to be the worst of the lot and not even in our top 30 LOL
There were options available to us to better improve the middles. But it didn't happen (as yet).
We can only hope Gus has something up his sleeve....he better! ;)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't think anyone could ever call Gould lazy, he works 24/7/365.

In regards to Sean Keppie, staying out of the bidding war (both dollar$ and length of contract) between Souffs and the Tigers was a pretty good idea.

Jordan McLean at 32 was never leaving the Cowboys for a 1 year contract in Sydney, since the word is next season will be his last.

As for Jaiyden Hunt, he wanted to go home to Brisbane, was never a chance to stay in Sydney. I would add that in 3 season at St George he played a grand total of 14 games, hardly a big miss anyway.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There were options available to us to better improve the middles. But it didn't happen (as yet).
We can only hope Gus has something up his sleeve....he better! ;)
I'm sure he is working on AFB and hopefully May as well

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not one club showed interest in Poasa and we still sign him to development when we have a winning Flegg team.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun We sign players for the sake of signing players. We don't care who we cut as long as a signing for the sake of a signing happens.
Love the plan of signing bulk utilities with "attacking instincts" while trotting out a pack that will get steamrolled every game lol

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Bro the props who just named are either absolute plodders and one is kinda expired

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Nat Butcher has reportedly also inked an extension and Terrell May is close to finalising a deal to stay at the Roosters."
The above is a joke... from foxsports website.... How can they keep signing EVERYONE.. I thought we were a chance with T May...

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Nat Butcher has reportedly also inked an extension and Terrell May is close to finalising a deal to stay at the Roosters."
The above is a joke... from foxsports website.... How can they keep signing EVERYONE.. I thought we were a chance with T May...
They're the Roosters.

I posted their Top 30 in another thread. They only have 26 on the Top 30 books for next year. They have a heap of players off contract end of 2024. JWH is retiring. Suaalii is leaving at this stage. Crichton and Keary futures uncertain. Having only 26 means not using cap money to pay players during the training months. What a Rooster gets paid isn't what declared to NRL.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which supposedly Saifiti Brother we’re we after?

Today it’s been reported that one of them is about to sign to a long term deal to stay at the Knights

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which supposedly Saifiti Brother we’re we after?

Today it’s been reported that one of them is about to sign to a long term deal to stay at the Knights
Daniel is currently contracted until end of 2026 and this is the one Gould is after.

Jacob is off contract end of 2024.