Could JMOZ transition to the backrow next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious on people thoughts on weather he could transition to being an edge playing backrower next year. It seems we are running short of backrow options as there is a lack of first grade standard backrowers ready to step up in our lower grades. Morris has the size ( 98 kilos same size as Jackson and only 3 kilos less than Tolman) and runs great lines and is a fantastic defender so there wouldn't be too many issues. I feel this would benefit him as well as he has lost a bit of speed which made him a gun centre. Moving him to the second row would allow us to to add some zip and punch to our back row whilst be able to inject some speed into the backline for next year.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So, your idea is to turn one of the best centres in the game into an average second rower?

Well, we all saw how that went with Chris Lawrence at the Tigpies right?

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, your idea is to turn one of the best centres in the game into an average second rower?

Lawerence is playing pretty decently to be honest
but jmoz is smaller than lawerence wouldn't be a decent back rower
no jmoz is a centre

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you guys still feel that he is a strike weapon as a centre? For me still a great player but our team is really lacking some speed. JMOZ would add that as a backrower and also give us a forward who can play 80 mins and allow us to play a quicker player outside. Chris Lawrence playing well as a backrower

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Agree Jmoz is a SOO centre enough said

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is he still one of the best centres in the game in attack? Defensively yes attacking no. Has been about 2 years since you could call him a strike weapon.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just curious on people thoughts on weather he could transition to being an edge playing backrower next year. It seems we are running short of backrow options as there is a lack of first grade standard backrowers ready to step up in our lower grades. Morris has the size , and runs great lines and is a fantastic defender so there wouldn't be too many issues. I feel this would benefit him as well as he has lost a bit of speed which made him a gun centre. Moving him to the second row would allow us to to add some zip and punch to our back row whilst be able to inject some speed into the backline for next year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think Jmoz is on the decline and well we have seen nothing from Bmoz but injuries so perhaps we need to be looking at life after both of them? When are they signed up until?

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree Jmoz is a SOO centre enough said
The origin selectors basically only chose him as a result of injury to Dugan and the fact that Daley is pretty conservative. James Roberts should of been selected.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The origin selectors basically only chose him as a result of injury to Dugan and the fact that Daley is pretty conservative. James Roberts should of been selected.
JMoz has been there for the last 5 years not just this year?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Think they needed/wanted someone who has a chance to contain GI.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMoz has been there for the last 5 years not just this year?
Just curious what the last 5 years has to do with next year and moving forward? 3 years ago he was in the top 3 attacking centres in the game. Unfortunately his speed has declined in this time and he has lost that match winning xfactor . I still highly rate JMOZ as a player , just think his days as a match winning centre are over and that we could use his defensive prowess in a new role.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Transitioning to 2nd row would require him to pick up more hit ups and more defence, he'd likely get injured

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Transitioning to 2nd row would require him to pick up more hit ups and more defence, he'd likely get injured
He runs more metres than our second rowers currently do so it won't be an issue.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess it's an interesting hypothetical, but I'll say no for some of the reasons already stated.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just curious what the last 5 years has to do with next year and moving forward? 3 years ago he was in the top 3 attacking centres in the game. Unfortunately his speed has declined in this time and he has lost that match winning xfactor . I still highly rate JMOZ as a player , just think his days as a match winning centre are over and that we could use his defensive prowess in a new role.
I'm talking about how his been nsw centre for the last 5 years and he got picked this year for the same reason

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Jmoz should transition into retirement next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.