Rumour Cotric to Raiders

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess (of course it's a guess) would be around $2.75m and who gets re-signed is totally up to them, the pressure is on, this is the season to perform or you're out.

Always a Bulldog
yet the media reports say 8 spots and around 1m cap space left. Ridiculous journalism

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD, seriously you are basing that opinion on Cotric, a SOO & Australian representative, when he was playing on the wing outside Hopoate together with the revolving door of 5/8's and 1/2's (Averillo, Flanagan, BBO, Lewis, Wakeham) and a different fullback every other game (Allen, DWZ, Meaney). In the 4 games he played at centre he had 2 different wingers outside him (TKatoa & DWZ). For a number of games he was playing with a shoulder injury and then the foot injury that needed his season.

How about giving him a chance with some decent players to support him and some consistency in the team, instead of the never ending changes all around him.

Always a Bulldog
Spot on again TT , some though can't look beyond the paypacket which is inflated but not a lot so hardly a big problem.
@capp fantasy accountants on this topic where and about what? 600 he is on? Lucky if Canbeerass offer us 4 so we "lunch" another 200K, then have nothing to spend the 400 "gained" on. Unless it was to help pay for Mahoney for early release, its a dumb decision to piss more money away without a very good reason and Mahoney here for '22 Is the only one I'd support.

dubdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
With the backline players we have plus the money tied up in it it makes sense. If he goes it would leave us jac dufty Allan schoupp alamoti burns okunbor naden and even averillo if bbo can nail down 7

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d say this will happen .

Mahoney is all but signed with us. Corey Allen and Kyle Flanagan are tough contracts to offload as no one will chip in majority of their contracts. They are signed until the end of 2023 .

We really should offload Thompson at 725 is way too much money for a middle who doesn’t have the same impact as the good middles . Kikau I believe signed for 750k , compare Kikau to Thompson is a bargain .

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good as he was at the Raider, 1.8M for a Cotric over 3 years was definitely over what they should've paid for him considering now that he was out most of his first season with injury.

Gus is certainly getting things done and with the way the player market is these days with contracts signed over a year out, Kikau 2023, is Gus looking further ahead to entice Stephen Crichton around this time next year when his contract ends with the Panthers in 2023.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone should have been on a short term contracts it should have been Flanagan and Allen, I was happy to have them come over, they still could fire behind stronger packs, but their should be questions about why would you guarantee them longer terms. I would love to see how Cotric went with the 22 crew.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FMD, seriously you are basing that opinion on Cotric, a SOO & Australian representative, when he was playing on the wing outside Hopoate together with the revolving door of 5/8's and 1/2's (Averillo, Flanagan, BBO, Lewis, Wakeham) and a different fullback every other game (Allen, DWZ, Meaney). In the 4 games he played at centre he had 2 different wingers outside him (TKatoa & DWZ). For a number of games he was playing with a shoulder injury and then the foot injury that needed his season.

How about giving him a chance with some decent players to support him and some consistency in the team, instead of the never ending changes all around him.

Always a Bulldog
It’s insanity that this forum gave some players the benefit of the doubt after 50 shit games but won’t give Cotric any excuses for this year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After The official announcement (3 weeks later) can you see why we are shopping Cotric around and offering Allan as a swap.

We are still chasing Reed for 22.

Trust ze plan..... lol
Allan shop him out regardless but I'm still only down for the Nick offload if we get Reed for '22, otherwise I see little point...anyway we will see mate, good work btw 8-)

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a good chance of him heading back to the raiders ?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus did the same at Penrith, he offloaded DWZ, Moylan, Graham etc to make way for juniors. I would love Cotric to stay but he is on overs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus did the same at Penrith, he offloaded DWZ, Moylan, Graham etc to make way for juniors. I would love Cotric to stay but he is on overs.
How much overs? Maybe $100k at best, you don't get much for $100k, the NRL minimum next year is $130k so you don't even get a minimum contract player.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wherever he ends up I hope he gets to play right centre... No matter what people say that's his best spot imo

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With all honesty i will not be upset to lose Thompson/Cotric/Flanagan/Allen/Jackson. Those 5 will free up so much cash talking 2.8m plus.

All we need to do then is replace Jackson / Thompson with low priced middle forwards . you can find them at 300-400k easily and will do great jobs for us.

Cotric/Allen/Flanagan money we can use to help with the cap and sign ourselves another quality player around the 500k mark and upgrade Vaughan/Dufty barring they perform well.

I don't believe we will be in cap trouble, i actually believe we are sitting in a great position and alot better than other sides.

To know we have players like Kikau/Mahoney/Burton/Addocarr/Tpj to build around is surreal. Pressure is on Barrett now and he will feel the heat.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With all honesty i will not be upset to lose Thompson/Cotric/Flanagan/Allen/Jackson. Those 5 will free up so much cash talking 2.8m plus.

All we need to do then is replace Jackson / Thompson with low priced middle forwards . you can find them at 300-400k easily and will do great jobs for us.

Cotric/Allen/Flanagan money we can use to help with the cap and sign ourselves another quality player around the 500k mark and upgrade Vaughan/Dufty barring they perform well.

I don't believe we will be in cap trouble, i actually believe we are sitting in a great position and alot better than other sides.

To know we have players like Kikau/Mahoney/Burton/Addocarr/Tpj to build around is surreal. Pressure is on Barrett now and he will feel the heat.
Jackson is our captain (and only serious person/captain material in our roster) and still playing at a solid level. I really don't see him moving on being an option. He also uses our 200k veteran allowance and when you add that into consideration he's good value imo. There are a few others who could be captains in the future, e.g. Mahoney, but they aren't ready yet.