Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You're one bizarre motherfucker dude. Really.

You make a claim about pilots. Can't back it up. Turns out it's potentially about only one pilot. Up to us to believe you or not.

I make a claim about my neighbour who passed away from COVID. YOu ask me to back it up. Call for evidence. Number comparisons. Urine samples. Blood levels. The whole shazam. And without this stuff, what I say is nothing.

I mean. What grass are you smoking?
My only claim is that pilots have committed suicide after being sacked this year due to covid. Groundbreaking news? Hardly.

You would have to be particularly ignorant to not realise the stresses pilots and their families are under even in normal circumstances due to their travel and time away from home. There are reasons why the divorce rate amongst families with pilots is so high compared to the rest of the population.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not trying to defend anything except for a defense of a fair narrative when it comes to covid.

of course covid kills, of course it has killed many, but the appropriate response is not to curl up in balls for a virus that generally doesn’t kill the young and healthy.
So, instead, fling the doors open and let younger and generally healthier people spread it to older people or those with an existing condition because they’re less likely to die but the other people dying don’t matter?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve never read news stories about pilot suicides. I only know about them because of my family member who is a pilot themselves.

use of the word large may have been misinterpreted. The story as told to me was that one pilot in Hong Kong (Cathay pacific) had jumped off a building and that a number of Emirates pilots had also killed themselves.

up to you if you feel the story is legitimate or otherwise.
I'm not doubting pilots have killed themselves due to covid, I doubt your statement saying large amounts. And going of your logic even if 100 pilots killed themselves is ok its only a small percentage

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My only claim is that pilots have committed suicide after being sacked this year due to covid. Groundbreaking news? Hardly.

You would have to be particularly ignorant to not realise the stresses pilots and their families are under even in normal circumstances due to their travel and time away from home. There are reasons why the divorce rate amongst families with pilots is so high compared to the rest of the population.
We need to rally the Mods on here to introduce a WTF emoji especially for you mate. Seriously. Every post you make leaves me saying:

WTF is this guy smoking?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not doubting pilots have killed themselves due to covid, I doubt your statement saying large amounts. And going of your logic even if 100 pilots killed themselves is ok its only a small percentage
Happy to withdraw the term ‘large’. It’s a subjective term anyway.

I used the word large because my understanding is that pilot suicides are far higher this year due to the mass redundancies related to covid.

I am not suggesting there has Been hundreds of pilot suicides.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Huh? One minute you’re talking about C-19 stresses on pilots (suicides) and now you’re arguing what it was like for pilots pre-pandemic? Yet the things you’re arguing have been issues for pilots forever (as has alcoholism). Consistency is an issue for you Dawg :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
my understanding is that pilot suicides are far higher this year due to the mass redundancies related to covid.
Possibly. And don’t you think better control by Governments earlier in the pandemic could’ve reduced/prevented this?

You mentioned Cathay. Their business was hurting before C-19. Their failure to establish a LCC and persisting with Dragon before finally buying HK Express hurt them. The HK Protests of 2019 hurt them. C-19 was just the icing on the cake.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Possibly. And don’t you think better control by Governments earlier in the pandemic could’ve reduced/prevented this?

You mentioned Cathay. Their business was hurting before C-19. Their failure to establish a LCC and persisting with Dragon before finally buying HK Express hurt them. The HK Protests of 2019 hurt them. C-19 was just the icing on the cake.
Yep Cathay has been on a downwards trend for years. They aren’t the premium airline of the 90’s or early 2000’s.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep Cathay has been on a downwards trend for years. They aren’t the premium airline of the 90’s or early 2000’s.
We can agree on that much (I think I need a shower now). And why? Too high cost base, out of control egos and sense of entitlement at Club Swire, poor management decisions and increasing political interference on their home turf. It’s a shame, I once flew them regularly as they ticked most boxes. That has been in steady decline for at least 10 years...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Case numbers have been rising across the U.S. in recent weeks, and health-care workers are reported to be exhausted and stressed as hospitals and intensive-care-unit beds fill. The governors of Iowa and North Dakota have reversed their stances on face masks and mandated them in public spaces.

Dawgfather yeah but your not full and pilots get stressed.

Wisconsin is in a bad place right now with no sign of things getting better without action,” said the letter from UW Health, the state university’s medical center and health system.

“We are, quite simply, out of time. Without immediate change, our hospitals will be too full to treat all of those with the virus and those with other illnesses or injuries,” said the letter

Dawgfather But your still not full ,stop fearmongering dr it feeds the media to make it look bad

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need to rally the Mods on here to introduce a WTF emoji especially for you mate. Seriously. Every post you make leaves me saying:

WTF is this guy smoking?
A WFT button would be good but quickly worn out ;)

Are you all ready now!

Have you all had enough by now? It goes on for pages and pages of repetitive same ol same ol wilfully misinterpreted graphs and biased, selfish opinionated propaganda.

Have you all finally realised it's just feeding him. This is not discussion or an exchange of ideas, his methods are pure taunting and trolling for a reaction.

He gets his kicks out of getting a reaction out of the posters on this, and other, topical threads. He is not on here to support the Bulldogs in discussion or comraderie based on our footy team....it's all about shamefully feeding his tormented ego with our Bulldogs platform.

I'm gomna try again :grinning:....

The best solution to his bs crap is to ignore the braindead irritant.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the pilots were killed big foot. Prove me wrong.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have family throughout Texas, a few of them have had COVID, in each instance they were either asymptomatic or the symptoms were barely recognisable. None went to hospital. Of course this isn't representative of everyone, and clearly many people have been either quite sick or have died.

The situation might seem bad because the media keeps telling you it's bad multiple times a day and they also remind you of the COVID numbers multiple times a day. They don't tell you the number of cancer/heart disease/fentanyl over-doses and suicides every day.

The reality is that hospitals still have capacity and hopefully will continue to have capacity over the winter. Current stats are:

California: % of inpatient beds taken up: 63.7% (i.e. 36.3% of beds are available still)
Texas: % of inpatient beds taken up: 68%

California: % of ICU beds taken up: 64.5%
Texas: % of ICU beds taken up 73.8%

Also, the number of total deaths occurring in the U.S (from any cause) is currently below the 5 year average in most age categories (except 65 and older), but even in these older age categories, the current numbers are basically exactly on the average.

So on the topic of whether or not there is more, less or the same amount of death occurring compared to the last 5 years in America, the current data shows there is the same number of deaths occurring in older age groups and less deaths occurring than average in the younger age groups.

View attachment 18814
"Also, the number of total deaths occurring in the U.S (from any cause) is currently below the 5 year average in most age categories (except 65 and older), but even in these older age categories, the current numbers are basically exactly on the average.

So on the topic of whether or not there is more, less or the same amount of death occurring compared to the last 5 years in America, the current data shows there is the same number of deaths occurring in older age groups and less deaths occurring than average in the younger age groups.
"

I'm still missing how you arrive at your conclusions highlight in blue and red above.
Can you help explain your rationale, because the graphs and actual data tell a completely different story to what you have shared.
I'm particularly interested in the sharp drop off in trend line.
The graphs are quite clear, there is slightly less deaths occurring (in absolute terms) now, compared to the same time last year in America.

NO. You have interpreted the simple graphs erroneously.
The graphs clearly show a solid line at 0% change and all trend lines are above that solid line (<25 year old hovering around the solid line), indicating more death in 2020 than previous year(s).

You have failed to detail the sharp drop off in deaths in recent data points.

You need to stay in your lane - this is not your lane!

Status
Not open for further replies.