Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A vaccine can't come soon enough.

The two sides always argue over the same thing.

Side A. The virus doesn't exist. The virus only effects certain people etc etc..... ahhh no, the virus certain people, the flow on effects have impacted millions.

Side B. The virus is as bad a CNN and Fox newd says. Panic panic. Lockdown down everyone, place restrictions on everyone and everything. Yeh practically thats not going to work for an extended period.

I must admit, i am more on the side of taking all the precautions i can to minimise any affect it can have on the vulnerable (social distance, frequent cleaning/sanitisation). But, when it comes to a lock down, i will find it hard to properly comply with another lockdown. I wont see my elderly parents/in laws or others in high risk categories. But others i will eventually.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A vaccine can't come soon enough.

The two sides always argue over the same thing.

Side A. The virus doesn't exist. The virus only effects certain people etc etc..... ahhh no, the virus certain people, the flow on effects have impacted millions.

Side B. The virus is as bad a CNN and Fox newd says. Panic panic. Lockdown down everyone, place restrictions on everyone and everything. Yeh practically thats not going to work for an extended period.

I must admit, i am more on the side of taking all the precautions i can to minimise any affect it can have on the vulnerable (social distance, frequent cleaning/sanitisation). But, when it comes to a lock down, i will find it hard to properly comply with another lockdown. I wont see my elderly parents/in laws or others in high risk categories. But others i will eventually.
Bro lockdowns are only happening when there's a spread in the community. The quicker people react to a spread in the community and take all precautions the quicker we go out of lockdown.

It's that simple. So you saying that you're going to ignore the next lockdown, actually has potential to cause the lockdown to last longer and become heavier

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro lockdowns are only happening when there's a spread in the community. The quicker people react to a spread in the community and take all precautions the quicker we go out of lockdown.

It's that simple. So you saying that you're going to ignore the next lockdown, actually has potential to cause the lockdown to last longer and become heavier
Personally. First, i work. I can't lockdown or work from home. I see at least 30 different people a week. If i am sick (esp not showing symptoms). I'm spreading it. If someone is sick, in some circumstances, i dont have the luxury of saying "no i cant interact with you" Thats why i take alot of other precautions.

Socially. Ill isolate, but going on the last lockdown and how it effected my family, friends and their families. We'll last two or so weeks (maybe more, maybe not at all, maybe all the way, who knows, to what extent its broken, or if i am the one breaking it. Who knows).

There will be alot of people like that.its just the reality of it all. And really that needs to be considered when the state govt attempts another lockdown. Regardless of how passionately you feel about lockdowns. If more than 30-35% dont comply. The strategy is flawed and a new strategy needs to be implemented.

Last edited:

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not smashed bent over and destroyed lol
I've been out all afternoon on the piss and have just popped back into thoffie to grab my stuff and decided to turn my laptop on to check emails etc.

This is:

View attachment 18843

Thanks bros!

I can understand misinformation, really I can - but a closed mind, I cannot fathom.
If it means smashing it open, I am here for that, before I return to examining a PhD thesis.
8-):kissingheart:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally. First, i work. I can't lockdown or work from home. I see at least 30 different people a week. If i am sick (esp not showing symptoms). I'm spreading it. If someone is sick, in some circumstances, i dont have the luxury of saying "no i cant interact with you" Thats why i take alot of other precautions.

Socially. Ill isolate, but going on the last lockdown and how it affected my family, friends and their families. We'll last two or so weeks (maybe more, who knows).

There will be alot of people like that.its just the reality of it all. And really that needs to be considered when the state govt attempts another lockdown. Regardless of how passionately you feel about lockdowns. If more than 30-35% dont comply. The strategy is flawed and a new strategy needs to be implemented.
So it's not that the lockdown isn't working, it's that people are ignoring safety measures and ignoring lockdowns that's causing all the issues.

We haven't had a case in Sydney, yet I'm still wearing a mask, not touching anything on the train, cleaning my credit card after I tap on/off, cleaning my hands when I get off the train.

People need to remain vigilant until we get the vaccine effectively out in the population.

It's people who are causing the problems, not the lockdowns.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Socially. Ill isolate, but going on the last lockdown and how it affected my family, friends and their families. We'll last two or so weeks (maybe more, who knows).

But if its a (hopefully) temporary inconvenience until the wide spread roll out of the vaccine, a lockdown, if necessary, must be complied with.

Why can't people think long term.

This is not the flu.
There appears to be long lasting affects and poor health outcomes for people who recover. This happens to 20 somethings as well.

Do you and others want to let it rip and get on with life ...but over run the hospitals and exhausted health care workers. How can cancer etc patients be cared for if C19 runs throughtout the populace.

Its a shocking thing but the potential risk of not fully containing this till a vaccine is available, is far worse than any lockdown could impose.

Think about what you would do if you were responsible for all these lives.

Some people live in la la land.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But if its a (hopefully) temporary inconvenience until the wide spread roll out of the vaccine, a lockdown, if necessary, must be complied with.

Why can't people think long term.

This is not the flu.
There appears to be long lasting affects and poor health outcomes for people who recover. This happens to 20 somethings as well.

Do you and others want to let it rip and get on with life ...but over run the hospitals and exhausted health care workers. How can cancer etc patients be cared for if C19 runs throughtout the populace.

Its a shocking thing but the potential risk of not fully containing this till a vaccine is available, is far worse than any lockdown could impose.

Think about what you would do if you were responsible for all these lives.

Some people live in la la land.
But what type of lockdown are you talking about? When you talk about chances of me personally, potentially spreading the virus. It will be through work (if i don't show symptoms).

Personally, alot of people i know wont be able to mentally coping with an extended lockdown, if they arnt sick.

Another lockdown in NSW will have less compliance than it did the last lockdown. Education needs to go into other preventative measures. Masks, sanitising, social distancing, venue compliance, contact tracing etc.

Lets hope we keep numbers low. Because if they rise. A magic lockdown is not going to help.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks bros!

I can understand misinformation, really I can - but a closed mind, I cannot fathom.
If it means smashing it open, I am here for that, before I return to examining a PhD thesis.
8-):kissingheart:
Some you just smash the head, you don't even waste time trying to smash it open, just smash it. e.g. dawgfather

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What a moronic comparison. There is a Massive difference between a flu like virus and and the “ angel of the “ operating in Auschwitz conducting cruel medical experiments on imprisoned infants. Natural selection is slightly different than manufactured human extermination camps. The only link between those 2 things is the fact you are an idiot
And why do you think Mengele was conducting those experiments?

Those cruel medical experiments were test cases and theories you just promoted with Darwin's theory of natural selection.

Only difference is Mengele was trying to artificially manufacture a superior race and WW2 "genetics" research and , whether you meant it or not, that is precisely what espoused with your Darwin theory.

Sorry, the comparison to letting the health compromised population die of C19 in 2020, and Mengele's goal of a superior race by allowing the weak and frail to be eradicated, stands IMHO.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So it's not that the lockdown isn't working, it's that people are ignoring safety measures and ignoring lockdowns that's causing all the issues.

We haven't had a case in Sydney, yet I'm still wearing a mask, not touching anything on the train, cleaning my credit card after I tap on/off, cleaning my hands when I get off the train.

People need to remain vigilant until we get the vaccine effectively out in the population.

Do you wash your hands before touching your penis?!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But what type of lockdown are you talking about? When you talk about chances of me personally, potentially spreading the virus. It will be through work (if i don't show symptoms).

Personally, alot of people i know wont be able to mentally coping with an extended lockdown, if they arnt sick.

Another lockdown in NSW will have less compliance than it did the last lockdown. Education needs to go into other preventative measures. Masks, sanitising, social distancing, venue compliance, contact tracing etc.

Lets hope we keep numbers low. Because if they rise. A magic lockdown is not going to help.
Yes I fear that but what else can be done that is as effective.

A tough problem.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Personally I've enjoyed these new rules ,service seems faster ,people stay out of your way and for the most are more polite ,grubby fucks have learned basic hygiene and wash hands, I didn't get the flu this year I didn't even get a cold having a house of 7 when a cold goes through it cycles for ever, can enjoy a beer on a well spaced beach ,when I fly next I will have no problem using a mask on public transport and a plane .just observing people on the way to work grabbing a coffee instead of people being selfish people are more sociable and tolerant. This virus dare I say it could of possibly changed a lot of people for the better,and all for the smallest of self sacrifice. If we have a hiccups along the way and have to lock down for a few weeks i have no problem doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.