Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Go Macca..haven’t listened to him in years.. A homecare lady who came from Wellington NSW got me on to him. Although he talks about mundane ’bushie’ stuff..for a wheelchair bound fella who can’t travel to these places at the moment, but dreams to one day ..talk of the weather conditions and their daily life is music to the ears..:hearteyes:
I havent listened for years either till yesterday but he presents a window into all Aussie life really. Lots of interesting people ring in from cities and the bush areas. It gives me an appreciation of others, their joys and hardships and weather lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I havent listened for years either till yesterday but he presents a window into all Aussie life really. Lots of interesting people ring in from cities and the bush areas. It gives me an appreciation of others, their joys and hardships and weather lol.
Absolutely WD..I love that about Australia..Although, we may be the most urbanisation nation on the planet..the Bush is ingrained the personality of Australia..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely WD..I love that about Australia..Although, we may be the most urbanisation nation on the planet..the Bush is ingrained the personality of Australia..
Too right 95 :grinning:

Listening to the stories it gives you a perspective of just how other people cope and live their lives in our country instead of only who we normally come in contact with day to day....kinda like TK! lol :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oooh yeah..well done NSW..another day without a local acquired case.. However, we must not become complacent..remain vigilant!!!

7FE6CA8F-742F-4E15-AA85-10E0756034EB.png

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too right 95 :grinning:

Listening to the stories it gives you a perspective of just how other people cope and live their lives in our country instead of only who we normally come in contact with day to day....kinda like TK! lol :grinning:
Lol..absolutely WD!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol..absolutely WD!!!
Make sure you let us all know when you decide to ring him...will be keen to listen in ...I. wouldn't get past his gatekeeper...too boring lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heartbreaking image from US ICU goes viral
It’s the viral image that a doctor in the US admits he did not expect to receive so much attention. The picture has been labelled “dystopian”.

Rohan Smith
ro_smith

For the second day in a row, the United States on Friday notched a record number of coronavirus cases in 24 hours, reaching 225,201 new infections, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.
In that same period, the country recorded 2506 Covid-related deaths, real-time data provided by the Baltimore-based university stated.
The numbers are absolutely staggering. But the personal cost can be hard to grasp for those unaffected by the tragedy of losing a loved one.
It’s why images like the one going viral from a US intensive care unit are so important.
On Friday, a family doctor shared a picture of a room full of iPads on stands, alongside the caption: “These are iPad stations being prepared for virtual ICU end of life visits by a palliative care doc I know. Jesus.”

The jarring image was shared by other healthcare professionals, including Trisha Greenhalgh, professor of primary care at the UK’s University of Oxford.
She wrote: “This is not where I anticipated we’d end up when I started researching video consultations 12 years ago.”
Ex-Harvard epidemiologist Eric Feigl-Ding wrote: “iPads stockpiled for ICU end of life goodbyes … was not something Steve Jobs foresaw.”
The comments on the tweet, which was shared hundreds of thousands of times, included stories from Americans who had watched their loved ones fade away via screen.

“On Monday my boyfriend said goodbye to his mother on an iPad. He didn’t get one last hug or simply hold her hand. He sat behind glass & held an iPad to try and prevent doing the same goodbye with his elderly father. I have rage. I can’t even be sad yet because I’m just so angry,” one person wrote.
“I had to do this with my mother,” another wrote. “She wasn’t even conscious, hooked up to the ventilator. Worst thing I’ve done in my life behind seeing her lifeless in a casket. People that still call this a hoax can truly f*** off. It didn’t have to be like this.”

The United States — the country with the most coronavirus cases and deaths in the world — has seen a dramatic resurgence in its epidemic in recent weeks.
It had surpassed 200,000 new daily cases three times in the past month, peaking at more than 210,000 between Wednesday and Thursday.
US health officials warned of a surge after millions of Americans travelled to celebrate last week’s Thanksgiving holiday despite pleas from authorities to stay home.
For two weeks, the US has regularly topped 2000 deaths per day, as it had in the spring at the height of the first wave of the country’s outbreak.
The number of people hospitalised with COVID-19 is also steadily increasing, especially in the most populous states of California, Florida, New York and Texas, according to the COVID Tracking Project.
The United States has recorded more than 14.3 million Covid cases and 278,000 related deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Makes my blood boil to think there are still some in this world who believe COVID is a hoax or precautions are unnecessary. I am so over people thinking that we are out of the woods with this and that 'FINALLY they can get back to doing whatever they used to do' in the very same way before the sh@t hit the fan with this virus as if it is a massive inconvenience.

So over those who are spouting the lines that this is all to do with an infringement of our rights...Big brother is watching you and telling you this is the way you will now live because we say so, not because it is for the time being necessary.........tell that to all those loved ones who lost someone they cared about to this virus simply because others could not give a rats for social distancing, good personal and property hygiene, masks.

Selfish, selfish people who once they see a crack in the door want to go full pelt with their socializing without thought for those who are most vulnerable.

It will be extremely interesting to see though once an effective and safe vaccine is found just how many of those people will be pushing and shoving to get ahead of those who should go first in receiving the vaccine......

Sorry for the rant but that is just the way I feel about it at the moment particularly when I am seeing those elderly and vulnerable wearing their masks and doing the right thing not just for themselves but for others too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
China now saying covid may have come from Australia, if we didn't sell our soul to these c*** it would be easy to tell them to go get fucked,not the case though
These commie c***s remind me of the school bullies who only pick on the kindergarteners IE Australia and are pussies towards the bog boys IE Russia.

Fuck I hope they commit suicide and piss off Uncle Putin...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
China now saying covid may have come from Australia, if we didn't sell our soul to these c*** it would be easy to tell them to go get fucked,not the case though
How do they work that out? Pretty sure it was not an Aussie who ate a bat or whatever it was that they were linking to the start of the virus. Maybe it was someone from "China town Sydney", yeah that must be it...

Perhaps that explains why they are punishing us by whipping dirty great tariffs onto our coal, beef and wine. I agree with you in saying they should well and truly get nicked Have not missed cheap Chinese imports in the reject shop one little bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.