Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another 100,000 in good old us of a
Hard to see it not getting even worse over the next 2-3 weeks. People wanted to celebrate over the weekend, but the sight of all those crowds was a real head scratcher. Biden has a massive task on his hands getting the general population to understand, let alone accept, what it will take to get this thing under control.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to see it not getting even worse over the next 2-3 weeks. People wanted to celebrate over the weekend, but the sight of all those crowds was a real head scratcher. Biden has a massive task on his hands getting the general population to understand, let alone accept, what it will take to get this thing under control.
Don't they have thanksgiving or some shit coming up? Then Xmas winter, protests celebrates, riots, looting,
They are getting near 1 million cases a week dont know how their medical system will cope at the very minimum by January they will have 300,000 deaths.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to add to that, Spain, France,Italy and the UK amonsgt other's are in for a **** of a run ,Africa hasn't taken off as predicted but who knows .161 doctors have died in Indonesia so that's a a decent indication their numbers are horse shit.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't they have thanksgiving or some shit coming up? Then Xmas winter, protests celebrates, riots, looting,
They are getting near 1 million cases a week dont know how their medical system will cope at the very minimum by January they will have 300,000 deaths.
And keeping in mind that the cases numbers are varied, some areas are looking reasonably ok at the moment, other areas are under a lot more strain than even these numbers would indicate. The mid north at the moment seems to be especially getting smashed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't worry, Pedo Joe will save the US lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pfizer's Covid vaccine is looking really promising with them expecting it to be available for health care workers by the end of the year.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pfizer's Covid vaccine is looking really promising with them expecting it to be available for health care workers by the end of the year.
Just about to post that. Reporting a 90% effectiveness rate after two doses (within a 28 day period).

Correct me if I am wrong. But doesnt the flu shot have an effectiveness rate of 50% or so?

Also. I doubt a vaccine would have major effect in the countries at the peak of their second wave (they would have to gey soke sort of control of it first). But if Aus and NZ, Fiji etc etc can keep numbers low. Get the vaccine. You would think a travel bubble between the countries by mid 2021 is a BIG possibility

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just about to post that. Reporting a 90% effectiveness rate after two doses (within a 28 day period).

Correct me if I am wrong. But doesnt the flu shot have an effectiveness rate of 50% or so?

Also. I doubt a vaccine would have major effect in the countries at the peak of their second wave (they would have to gey soke sort of control of it first). But if Aus and NZ, Fiji etc etc can keep numbers low. Get the vaccine. You would think a travel bubble between the countries by mid 2021 is a BIG possibility
Yeah. Flu vaccine is around 30-70% effective based on the strain.

From my understanding, the Covid vaccine is using mRNA delivery so it should remain around 90% effective even if the strain mutates.

Still need a new vaccine for a new strain but it's just a slight change. No need for more trials or anything like that.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should tweet to Donald that radiation will kill COVID and he has lots of nukes.

“As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.”

― The Joker - Heath Ledger

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't the imbecile want to nuke a hurricane or something stupid like that?
lol yeah he did and Congress had to put in place legislation preventing him and any future imbecile that gets voted into that office from doing it. I think it was the only piece of legislation that passed congress in the last four years?

USA USA USA...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And creeping closer and closer to the quarter million deaths. And just a reminder for anyone who still wants to say "but the flu!", during the 2018-19 flu season there were 34,200 deaths due to flu in the US.
Scary to think at the very minimum come January the will have 300,000 deaths . Maximum? Who knows i reakon by Xmas they could be floating around 2000 deaths a day then the panic will set in

Status
Not open for further replies.