Official Corey Waddell should win the Doc George Peponis player of the year award

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah, he’s had done quiet games. Waddell has delivered consistent metres week in week out snd is the only bloke doing it. 2023 MVP, IMO.
Week in week out? He got dropped like a bad habit mid season to Cup where he got suspended

Credit to Waddell playing solid since coming back to grade but that should be par for the course for someone of that experience

You conveniently forget that Preston is a rookie who has impressed both sides of the ball (more to RL than running metres champ)

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not against it, depends how our award is voted. Preston's suspension may rule him out

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wanna know if @Berries is t.t.p or this an actual wrap for Waddell lol

Blokes been decent for most of the season imo and cops way too much shit.
Had a great game yesty, wtf did any of the other forwards do...?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Preston has conceded more penalties than Wads this year lol.

They have been our two best. I think we can agree on that much.
I think the whole kennel agree on this.
I was never a fan of Waddell but he has impressed me.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only cause he's off contract. We will sign him to a 2 year extension and he go back to no effort.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think the whole kennel agree on this.
I was never a fan of Waddell but he has impressed me.
Sadly, not everyone agrees, lafam. Some people are still trying to say Waddell is shit. Mind boggling considering the year he’s had.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, not everyone agrees, lafam. Some people are still trying to say Waddell is shit. Mind boggling considering the year he’s had.
He deserves to be praised for his efforts.
Imagine all the forwards put in as much effort as he has.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Week in week out? He got dropped like a bad habit mid season to Cup where he got suspended

Credit to Waddell playing solid since coming back to grade but that should be par for the course for someone of that experience

You conveniently forget that Preston is a rookie who has impressed both sides of the ball (more to RL than running metres champ)
He got dropped because Ciraldo’s a clown. No way Waddell should have been dropped this year. It was a knee jerk reaction from a coach who has made a habit of knee jerk reactions.

I know there is more to footy than running metres, but when only one player is consistently delivering them and the rest of the pack is getting spanked, they are a valuable commodity. Waddell is the only player who has stopped the team from getting creamed every week. He also gets through plenty of defensive work, has shown he can score and lay on tries and his line running has also improved out of sight, as he showed yesterday. Running metres is just his best attribute. Much like defence is Preston’s biggest attribute.

Playing “solid”? Lol. Running consistently for over 100 metres in a pack that is getting spanked so badly is a bit more than “solid”. It’s no easy feat when the rest of the pack is struggling for consistent go forward.

I don’t mind if people wanna say Preston has been better. They’ve both been great. But pull your head out of your jacksie and acknowledge Waddell’s value, lafam. He ran for close to twice as many metres as our next best forward yesterday and made 31 tackles. That’s a bit more than solid.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Preston
2) Averillo
3) Waddell

Averillo will probably get it, we’re good at rewarding one of our best just as they’re leaving for the Dolphins .. didn’t JMK win it last season?

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He got dropped because Ciraldo’s a clown. No way Waddell should have been dropped this year. It was a knee jerk reaction from a coach who has made a habit of knee jerk reactions.

I know there is more to footy than running metres, but when only one player is consistently delivering them and the rest of the pack is getting spanked, they are a valuable commodity. Waddell is the only player who has stopped the team from getting creamed every week. He also gets through plenty of defensive work, has shown he can score and lay on tries and his line running has also improved out of sight, as he showed yesterday. Running metres is just his best attribute. Much like defence is Preston’s biggest attribute.

Playing “solid”? Lol. Running consistently for over 100 metres in a pack that is getting spanked so badly is a bit more than “solid”. It’s no easy feat when the rest of the pack is struggling for consistent go forward.

I don’t mind if people wanna say Preston has been better. They’ve both been great. But pull your head out of your jacksie and acknowledge Waddell’s value, lafam. He ran for close to twice as many metres as our next best forward yesterday and made 31 tackles. That’s a bit more than solid.
He’s been solid

Stop acting like he’s prime SBW Lafam

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s been solid

Stop acting like he’s prime SBW Lafam
I never said he was SBW… he doesn’t have the elite skills of SBW, nor does he have the lack of character to skip out on his teammates in the dead of night.

But in a year when our forwards have been dominated all year he has been excellent and has provided the consistent go forward nobody else has managed to provide. It’s very hard to stand up and push forward like he has when his teammates are getting manhandled and I reckon it’s pretty pathetic you can’t even pay him his dues, tbh.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said he was SBW… he doesn’t have the elite skills of SBW, nor does he have the lack of character to skip out on his teammates in the dead of night.

But in a year when our forwards have been dominated all year he has been excellent and has provided the consistent go forward nobody else has managed to provide. It’s very hard to stand up and push forward like he has when his teammates are getting manhandled and I reckon it’s pretty pathetic you can’t even pay him his dues, tbh.
Again I find your comments a bit on the dramatic side, plus your back to small picture thinking again ..

Waddell has picked up towards the last 10/12 rounds of this season, I agree with you on that ….. but looking at the bigger picture he was nothing on King who after injuries to TPJ and Thompson early on practically carried this team on his back every game for at least 1/2 way through the season until he busted himself doing it … go back earlier this season and Waddell was his usual self, all feet for hands and dumb penalties .. but he has improved, should be kept for depth …

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I paid him dues I said his performances have been solid

That is a massive upgrade going from shit house