Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was asking 500k. Doesnt mean we paid that. I reckon we got him for around 400k

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Far cheaper? It was reported he was looking for 600k at one stage lol, currently on 330k at Souths. He's worth about 350k max, more and you're getting no real value and taking on more risk. He's basically in the Hoppa/Boyd type mould...
You think he’s on more than hoppa?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee it. He’s just a kid yet to hit he’s peak. He was let go by south’s so we didn’t have to tug a war him. We need these types of players. Rather than this obsession of buying super star DJs
I’m not so sure. He was looking for $500k now there’s no way of knowing if he got that but I don’t think he would be a bargain basement buy.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good challenge for Avo. If the young fella wants the FB spot then this year is his to take it. Won't hurt him or us if we have 2 blokes proving they want the spot. I do remember being impressed with Allen last season. Modest price on FB allows a good amount to make a play for a top notch 9. Players earning their spots, crazy concept lol

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo's future is at centre. Barrett is thinking this:

1. JAC / Allan
2. JAC / Allan
3. Cotric
4. Avo
5. DWZ / Okunbor / Meaney (battle of the duds)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
All 3 of your options in number 5 are off contract. Why would they be in his plans?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I’m not so sure. He was looking for $500k now there’s no way of knowing if he got that but I don’t think he would be a bargain basement buy.
Bargain basement no...but it’s a perfect time to buy these types of players... in two years he’ll be worth another 200k ... this is my point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You think he’s on more than hoppa?
No. But I doubt he's "far cheaper". If he came for a couple 100k then no big deal, more than that and I'm not a that keen. Better ways to spend our money than throwing it all into our backline.

nedloh50

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's always good to have competition, and foolish to put all your faith in a youngster. So I don't think Allen is a bad signing no matter what. Just would be interested in seeing where they put Av. Nice position to be in though!
It's ok Princess the real Coach has got this.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Decent stats over 10 games that he churned out for the Bunnies ...

He played 10 games this season filling in for the injured Latrell Mitchell.
___
His stats over those 10 games included five tries, six try assists, seven line breaks, 20 tackle breaks and 147 average running metres.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bargain basement no...but it’s a perfect time to buy these types of players... in two years he’ll be worth another 200k ... this is my point.
I’m not sure he’s really going to be with another $200k in a couple of years. It’s possible but he’s just a average player for mine. He’s not bad but not a stand out.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it may not be true. Didn’t channel 7 say we had signed Mccullogh to a 3 year deal earlier this year that sent this place into meltdown?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I’m not sure he’s really going to be with another $200k in a couple of years. It’s possible but he’s just a average player for mine. He’s not bad but not a stand out.
Ok 100-150k... whatever. He’s already played in an origin series win. Perfect timing to buy him imo