Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insider has confirmed we're definitely back negotiating with Addo-Carr (and Burton).

JAC initially wanted 800K a season which the club thought was too much. Hopefully he'll come down (even Souths or the Tigers couldn't afford that I think).

Media reports about a potential swap with Reimis Smith are correct but Reimis is only on around 250K (I thought he would be on more actually) so JAC would be a "considerable" upgrade.

Oh and we're not pursuing Stephen Crichton (unfortunately). He's considered already locked up by the Panthers.

Other than Arthur Laundy having a few friendly words with Harry Grant recently we're not in deep discussion with a hooker at this stage (we're probably waiting for Cam Smith's decision then Grant and B Smith's decision plus November 1).

My contact doesn't know exactly how much we have left to spend. He's attending a board meeting tomorrow so he might find out then but I only speak to him occasionally (he's a very busy man) so I might not be able to get that info or not for a while at least sorry.
Thanks for the effort,but I hope the club steers well clear of the 800k jac wants,he’s on 500+at Melbourne y would we even contemplate that,$550 to 600k would be the max,and as far as how much they have left I reckon even with flanagans signings,we still have at least a million left if not more,remember that tolman was on 600 in the final year and Foran was on big money,I still reckon there’s another 2 if not 3 more signings.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so your source is either a director or a board member because those are generally the only execs that would attend a board meeting ;)

thanks for the info :grinning:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
mate i have the inside mail on Burton, have PM a couple on here last week. dont have any mail on JAC but from all reports a swap is on the way.
love your work
Would it be safe to say we’re a 50/50 chance of Burton.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. It's hard to say. How much does an elete fullback go for these days? Obviously JAC isn't elite, but 800k for an elite fullback is about right? So he should maybe be 600-650?
Yeah agree totally. He wants to play fullback he has to prove he can play consistently in that position.
We aren’t a fkn holiday camp

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Going of B. Smith’s comments after the GF you can 99.9 percent rule him out.
I'd love to play 30 minutes off the bench and sacrifice 100,000's of $'s.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also 700k max for JAC. I'm expecting something in the 600-700k range. That's overs not fullback money but I'd give him first crack at fullback given our current roster too.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't PM me, I really don't need to be PM'd but if you insist.......I'm sure you can change my mind. Why don't give it a shot, you might find me appreciative :grinning:

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So does your source know that you are openly sharing this info on the kennel ? @bradtalo

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the amounts bandied about; the “I want to play fullback” demand; and his “I’m leaving all that (negotiations with clubs) to my manager” attitude, I am not convinced this signing is so smart.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insider has confirmed we're definitely back negotiating with Addo-Carr (and Burton).

JAC initially wanted 800K a season which the club thought was too much. Hopefully he'll come down (even Souths or the Tigers couldn't afford that I think).

Media reports about a potential swap with Reimis Smith are correct but Reimis is only on around 250K (I thought he would be on more actually) so JAC would be a "considerable" upgrade.

Oh and we're not pursuing Stephen Crichton (unfortunately). He's considered already locked up by the Panthers.

Other than Arthur Laundy having a few friendly words with Harry Grant recently we're not in deep discussion with a hooker at this stage (we're probably waiting for Cam Smith's decision then Grant and B Smith's decision plus November 1).

My contact doesn't know exactly how much we have left to spend. He's attending a board meeting tomorrow so he might find out then but I only speak to him occasionally (he's a very busy man) so I might not be able to get that info or not for a while at least sorry.
Thanks for the info

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the amounts bandied about; the “I want to play fullback” demand; and his “I’m leaving all that (negotiations with clubs) to my manager” attitude, I am not convinced this signing is so smart.
It's starting to feel like the Latrell Mitchell saga same circus all over again. But with that said I'll place my trust in Trent and the club and leave it up to them to do the right thing.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like the Latrell Mitchell saga same circus all over again. But with that said I'll place my trust in Trent and the club and leave it up to them to do the right thing.
Yeah that hint of Latrell dejavu is making me a tad nervous too. Hopefully its a different story this time.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big news from Barrett, Lewis will be playing lock next year, Wakeham is hooker.
Burton is a done deal will confirm next week. JAC will also be confirmed. Remis smith swap, Melbourne to pay $250k of his salary. $500k a year is the offer a upgrade in 2022.