Confirmed, Bulldogs set up is 'toxic'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Josh was hard done by, Des wanted his mate here. We dont know what went on but if Josh wanted to stay on 600k I would keep him. He got 4yr at 750k, good luck to him.

Grahame Hughes mentioned unconfirmed rumours that Dean Pay has already signed for us. Hope this is true and the foran deal falls over. He's done nothing in the last 2 seasons that says he's worth 900k.
We've been screaming out for a top half for years, its quite clear reynolds isn't the answer no matter how much people like him. Parra were a top 4 side last year when foran was playing well before they were stripped of points. Add on top of that all his years at manly. Absolute no brainer of a decision

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember when everyone said NSW won that series only because Cronk was out?

They had a million players out this year, and NSW had a gun squad, and they still lost!!
Does that mean that Reynolds should take some credit for Winning the series?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Reynolds whether you like it or not is a bulldogs junior and should be supported for that reason.. Plus he's not shit, he's great..with the right pairing he developed into a representative player who was a big part of the reason NSW won the origin series.
Local junior or not the guy is not worth $900k a year like the Tigers are paying him. Local junior or not he is still always one brainsnap away from another suspension, another penalty or throwing another game away. He almost fucked up his own belmore farewell ffs. As a half he is not great, far from it. He lacks creativity or the ability to manage a game, his running game involves him running at 45 degrees towards the sideline before giving an inside pass to his 2nd tower or centre or just running out of space and his kicking game is diabolical. Where does his $900k worth come from? Then he has the nerve to say he would have stayed for less money. Well buddy you didn't so take your cheques and fuck off and stop trying to embarrass the club.
If you are honestly crediting Reynolds and Hodkinson for NSW winning that series you have rocks in your head. Cronks injury was the only reason we won. If QLD had as much ball as we had in game 1 and 2 they would have put cricket scores on us but hodko and Reynolds barely got us home.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Local junior or not the guy is not worth $900k a year like the Tigers are paying him. Local junior or not he is still always one brainsnap away from another suspension, another penalty or throwing another game away. He almost fucked up his own belmore farewell ffs. As a half he is not great, far from it. He lacks creativity or the ability to manage a game, his running game involves him running at 45 degrees towards the sideline before giving an inside pass to his 2nd tower or centre or just running out of space and his kicking game is diabolical. Where does his $900k worth come from? 0""Then he has the nerve to say he would have stayed for less money. Well buddy you didn't so take your cheques and fuck off and stop trying to embarrass the club.
If you are honestly crediting Reynolds and Hodkinson for NSW winning that series you have rocks in your head. Cronks injury was the only reason we won. If QLD had as much ball as we had in game 1 and 2 they would have put cricket scores on us but hodko and Reynolds barely got us home.
So let's just brush aside the 99 great games he's had with us and focus on 2 or 3 bad ones
So with that assessment guideline JT must be a fraud this season also.

No player has consistently perfect games every game. I don't know why you expect Reynolds to have, It's unreasonable and it's negative.

On your first point where you insinuate Reynolds left for the money ,
It was never reported what the bulldogs offered him and that's simply because there was NO offer .
He was a spark on our team and with the right halves pairing as witnessed with hodko and to a lesser extent Frawley he was in his element.

You can debate the Cronk Factor in that series till the cows come home but bottom line is we won that series with our hodko and Reynolds v Daley cherry Evans and Jonathan Thurston in the halves

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
So let's just brush aside the 99 great games he's had with us and focus on 2 or 3 bad ones

No player has consistently perfect games every game. I don't know why you expect Reynolds to have, It's unreasonable and it's negative.

It was never reported what the bulldogs offered him and that's simply because there was NO offer .
He was a spark on our team and with the right halves pairing as witnessed with hodko and to a lesser extent Frawley he was in his element.

You can debate the Cronk Factor in that series till the cows come home but bottom line is we won that series with our hodko and Reynolds v Daley cherry Evans and Jonathan Thurston in the halves
99 great games? Are you kidding me? I can probably count 4-5 superb games since 2012

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its McDonnell who came over from the Tigers earlier this year. Given his track record with finding good young players at the Tigers over the past 5 years if he said let him go then there must be another reason. For example, does the kid have some sort of injury or weakness that will stop him from becoming a long term FG player? I don't know but sometimes things aren't that clear.
Mcdonnell had one of the greatest rugby league catchments in the Campbelltown area, go & watch some of the schoolboy footy out there, not hard to "find talent " there; that's the easy part. It's about having a good structure & pathway which the Dogs at the moment lack. Hopefully Warren is in the process of changing that, we now have a feeder school Fairfield Pats on board they have a gun 15s & 16s sides coming through - best in the state.
As for the Simmonson kid, he was training with the NRL squad but was very poorly handled by our training staff; no injury-he's now playing rugby in NZ.
There is a poor culture in our football department- the mindset needs to change if we we want to be serious continuous contenders again.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
99 great games? Are you kidding me? I can probably count 4-5 superb games since 2012
he's a half of a pair, he's proven his worth with proper half at 7 . I don't understand your negative pov.

We've established that our halves pairing Reynolds and mbye are shit, we've established that halves pairing Frawley and mbye are shit.. Common factor = mbye

We've established Reynolds and hodko were superb As was Reynolds and Frawley. Common factor = reynolds

Case closed

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he's a half of a pair, he's proven his worth with proper half at 7 . I don't understand your negative pov.

We've established that our halves pairing Reynolds and mbye are shit, we've established that halves pairing Frawley and mbye are shit.. Common factor = mbye

We've established Reynolds and hodko were superb As was Reynolds and Frawley. Common factor = reynolds

Case closed
Are you his manager, father, mother, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend?

He's rubbish

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

Case closed
Ummm no we haven't established that any of our halves combos have been superb since Hasler arrived. If you really rate those two as superb you have very low standards.
If that's the case why hasn't either of them seen a blues jersey ever again?
Common factor they're mediocre at best

Now case closed

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you his manager, father, mother, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend?

He's rubbish
No he's not even someone I know. Im just looking at his data and how much drive he has as a player.

Put those two together and he's worth having around.

I have no doubt given a less restrictive coach and a different Jersey he'll do an Ennis at the tigers

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Renoylds is shit mate

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mcdonnell had one of the greatest rugby league catchments in the Campbelltown area, go & watch some of the schoolboy footy out there, not hard to "find talent " there; that's the easy part. It's about having a good structure & pathway which the Dogs at the moment lack. Hopefully Warren is in the process of changing that, we now have a feeder school Fairfield Pats on board they have a gun 15s & 16s sides coming through - best in the state.
As for the Simmonson kid, he was training with the NRL squad but was very poorly handled by our training staff; no injury-he's now playing rugby in NZ.
There is a poor culture in our football department- the mindset needs to change if we we want to be serious continuous contenders again.
I think you are missing the point. Cleal got plenty of talent served up to him on a plate and he ignored them. McDonnell knows his stuff and if you think that all the other scouts are walking around Campbelltown as well then you are kidding yourself. The point is this bloke knows what a good junior footy player looks like and more importantly he has proven over the years he knows which ones will build up into good FG players. I wouldn't have a clue about Simmonson but I do know McDonnell knows what he is doing so if he let him go then there is a good reason for it. Just he fact he is in NZ and playing rugby should be telling you something.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not even Cronk would look good under des's stupid controlling rules. Halves need to have the freedom to play ad-lib.
Cronk wouldn't blindly play des's game plan he is far to intelligent a footballer to do that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cronk wouldn't blindly play des's game plan he is far to intelligent a footballer to do that
Because he is an experienced and established playmaker. But even theb their is only so much he can do without the right systems in place. There's a reason Des recruits youngsters and reserve graders looking for a chance while dumping experienced players...inexperienced players are less likely to challenge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.