Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So in other words the XBox One is the same thing WITH a disc drive?
The Series X. The new Series X will apparently be an existing Series X but with no disc drive. That's from the leaked Microsoft documents. But that was a plan and it could have been scrapped.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even the smaller things are great. The news report scene and also the mobile phone footage look so real it's unbelievable. Even the other random stuff like the fan boat and a crocodile catcher and the fat woman shaking her ass on the car, it's almost lifelike.
Video game graphics is getting really good

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's a new one planned that could drop at any time, but leaked reports suggest it won't be any more powerful and all they are doing is removing the disc drive so you can only play downloaded games.
Thanks bro, hopefully EB puts them on special on Boxing day so I can trade my XBone.

PS is EB the only ones that trade consoles?

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't get around to Cyberpunk. Is it any good compared to say GTA 5? Would it be closer to a GTA game or Saints Row?
I would say that it's closer to GTA, but also very different to that. Think of GTA in a weirdly messed up future.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks bro, hopefully EB puts them on special on Boxing day so I can trade my XBone.

PS is EB the only ones that trade consoles?
For older consoles it better just to flog them off on FB or gumtree, trade in value will be next to nothing - EB's would be the way to go if you don't want to deal with people and its how I do it but be prepared for very little. Trade in deal only tend to come up with new hardware, they have one for the slim PS5 and unless the Series X gets a refresh its all luck.

Series X/PS5 were as low as 550 last week :(

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Day Before (PC for now) - heard about this years ago and just saw its coming out soon.

Game looks great, looks like a TLoU/Days Gone clone but its a mmo and mmo's are promised to be big things but 99% fail soon after. If it was single player I'd be all over it.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So i have started GTA5 again, just because.

The first real scene where Michael's Kid tries to sell the boat and it gets Stolen, i was so bad at shooting the guy in the boat, i dont remember having so much trouble with it the other times i have done it.

I must be getting old :anguished:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
For older consoles it better just to flog them off on FB or gumtree, trade in value will be next to nothing - EB's would be the way to go if you don't want to deal with people and its how I do it but be prepared for very little. Trade in deal only tend to come up with new hardware, they have one for the slim PS5 and unless the Series X gets a refresh its all luck.

Trade-in offer for a PS4 at EB was only $60. Like you say, better off trying to flog it on marketplace or something. For $60 I would just rather hang on to it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Day Before (PC for now) - heard about this years ago and just saw its coming out soon.

Game looks great, looks like a TLoU/Days Gone clone but its a mmo and mmo's are promised to be big things but 99% fail soon after. If it was single player I'd be all over it.
The game is copping major flak. When they released the early trailers claiming it was gameplay, many of the graphics Tech reviewers pointed out that the footage must be fake as it wasn't possible on the engine they were using.

Since then they have released other footage that looks a lot more shit, and people have pointed out that they stole a lot of the assets from other games.

Many still believe it's a scam and that it'll either never release, or it'll be completely different to the advertised footage.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The game is copping major flak. When they released the early trailers claiming it was gameplay, many of the graphics Tech reviewers pointed out that the footage must be fake as it wasn't possible on the engine they were using.

Since then they have released other footage that looks a lot more shit, and people have pointed out that they stole a lot of the assets from other games.

Many still believe it's a scam and that it'll either never release, or it'll be completely different to the advertised footage.

Yep, has a lot of negativity no doubt, the fakeness aside it actually looks good from that clip.

Text style is last of us and other things have been copied, I'm a sucker for the last of us and any game like it - if its legit I would be willing to give it ago but its a mmo and any mmo of late promises huge and fails.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched some of "The day before" talk about being way off..its a massive FAIL.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So i have started GTA5 again, just because.

The first real scene where Michael's Kid tries to sell the boat and it gets Stolen, i was so bad at shooting the guy in the boat, i dont remember having so much trouble with it the other times i have done it.

I must be getting old :anguished:
So last night, i made the cross hair larger, now im good.

Plenty of Gaming left even with my old eyes ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Yeah my Misses said it's time to upgrade...this fkn week lol

I thought she would chew my fkn head off if I said I wanted an upgrade