Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Guys I still can't decide on a curved ultrawide. Don't need it for gaming so don't want to spend heaps on it but the lower end ones just don't feel worth it.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I came across this over the weekend.

Anbernic RG35XX.

On the surface it looks like a Game Boy, however it runs much more powerful games (arcade and other consoles) as well as Game Boy and what have you. The one I bought has over 3000 games built in, and you can even download your own and add them to it. A pretty awesome system.

Easy Christmas gift for me lol.

View attachment 94402

View attachment 94401
If you want proper retro games (with limits on what it can run) look at a https://www.analogue.co/products, it has proper chips to run OG cartrigdes from different devices and can also do proper emulation off a SD card.

Emulation units rarely run games properly and why pay for someting loaded with 8000 games which the vast majorty will run like shit on it when you can buy it blank and load up what you want on it and save a decent amount.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am currently revisiting Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb (2003). To be honest, I am absolutely loving donning the Fedora again and facing off against Indy’s nemesis, the Nazis, and a new foe, a Chinese gang called, The Black Dragon. Set in1935, the same year as, but right before, the events of Temple of Doom. Indy is searching for the ‘Black Pearl’ which is buried with China’s first Emperor Qin Shi Huang. As legend has it, the Pearl grants the holder magical powers.

It plays like Tomb Raider, in terms of controls, solving puzzles, dodging bullets and enemies. However, no one does it better than original adventurer Indy! I must pay kudos to the developers The Collective. As they seamlessly incorporate Indiana‘s iconic whip into navigating around the game’s environment, and use in combat. They also have fun with his fedora, as it can get knocked off when fighting the enemy, but you can always look around and find it to put it back on.

I maybe a little bit bias (just a touch :grimacing:) but outside Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, (which admittedly was a point and click game) IMHO this is the next best Indiana Jones video game. It has a great story, great villains, and a great leading hero. So if you want to play an early 2000s game, this would be one to check out! Currently available at the Xbox Game Store.

View attachment 92883
Well, I finished Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb for the second time. I loved it just as much as I did the first time. I got the girl too!

75fe7cb0-e61d-485a-acd0-a5bd9c1cb0a6.jpeg

Just a note: the guy in the background is Wu Han. At the beginning of Temple of Doom, he was Indy’s longtime friend disguised as a waiter at the Club Obi Wan. He had just helped Indy find the ashes of Nurhachi, the first Emperor of Manchu Dynasty. He ended up getting fatally shot by Lao Che’s son Chen.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys I still can't decide on a curved ultrawide. Don't need it for gaming so don't want to spend heaps on it but the lower end ones just don't feel worth it.
They're all pretty decent. Just need to figure out what size you need and don't go for anything below 1440p. If it's for gaming, spend a lot and get an OLED. If it's not for gaming, spend a lot less and get an IPS.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They're all pretty decent. Just need to figure out what size you need and don't go for anything below 1440p. If it's for gaming, spend a lot and get an OLED. If it's not for gaming, spend a lot less and get an IPS.
I'm only getting it for work, nothing fancy. Only wanted to spend around $500 but there doesn't really seem like there's anything worth getting at the price point. My minds dangerous though, I'll either spend the bare minimum or go all out and blow my budget and buy something I don't need just because it's better and I "might" need all those features in the future. That's how my brain calculates value :sob:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just setup my PS5, my lord the picture is amazing, so much better than my PS4

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe wtf is Neotez? Lol
Australian company. Fairly new to the market. Their monitors review well, but they've only been reviewed by small timers. Not full on professionals. And small timer reviewers often take bribes. So can't say for sure, but seems most people think they're decent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How big is Ultra Wide? It's certainly big enough to enjoy.
Ultrawide is technically a aspect ratio (21:9). But most ultrawides are 34 inch, some are 38 inch. Some bigger.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Australian company. Fairly new to the market. Their monitors review well, but they've only been reviewed by small timers. Not full on professionals. And small timer reviewers often take bribes. So can't say for sure, but seems most people think they're decent.
Yes I was struggling to find reviews, can get it for $487 so it might be worth a punt at that price. Looking at the dell s3422dwg. Can get that one slightly cheaper at $473.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You only live once.

A warning though. OLEDs aren't ideal for work. They can make text slightly fuzzy. But you can usually fix most of the problem with Windows text clearing stuff.

The other is that any fixed image on screen has a chance of burning in a permanent image on your screen. It's a low chance now days, but still a chance.

They're the best you can get for gaming though.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My concern with OLED is image retention because its not immune to it no matter what manufactures say.

Having a OLED TV and Plasmas for more than 15 years prior I can control it to a extent but on a OLED with Windows that's not as easy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You only live once.

A warning though. OLEDs aren't ideal for work. They can make text slightly fuzzy. But you can usually fix most of the problem with Windows text clearing stuff.

The other is that any fixed image on screen has a chance of burning in a permanent image on your screen. It's a low chance now days, but still a chance.

They're the best you can get for gaming though.
I need a new desk...