Reaction score
GTA VC original trailer:

GTA VC 10 year anniversary trailer: better than the original

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have noticed that a lot of new games are exclusive to the PS5, not PS4, but i play about once or twice a week and i can't really see myself spending the cash to get a PS5, to play only a couple of times a week.

If the 5 really worth it? or should i get a PS4 pro so i can play spiderman and a few others

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have noticed that a lot of new games are exclusive to the PS5, not PS4, but i play about once or twice a week and i can't really see myself spending the cash to get a PS5, to play only a couple of times a week.

If the 5 really worth it? or should i get a PS4 pro so i can play spiderman and a few others
Hard to say for sure. Personally I think it's worth it, but that's me, and it could be completely different for you.

The big thing for me is playing games at 60fps. After you play games at 60fps it's hard to go back.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The PS5 will be better value in the long run, games that come out for it in comparison to the PS4 will look better, run better and load much much faster.

Add to that the price of a PS4 pro these days won’t be worth it when you consider that it will be used and inflated and even more so if it ts brand new.

Forgot to add the control.. the dual sense is an amazing piece of hardware and is worth a reason alone to get the PS5.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rolled credits on Starfield. I have a weird love/hate relationship with the game. A lot annoyed me about the game, but when not playing it I just want to play it. Lies of P was my most anticipated game this year after playing the demo. I have Lies of P and I've played about 1 hour, because I just wanted to go back to Starfield. And as soon as I rolled credits, I started a New Game plus. But the game expects you to start a NG+. Without spoiling anything, a lot of the game is built around it.

As I said though, there's good stuff and bad stuff. I loved the story, and a lot of the side missions were really good. But a lot of the side missions are also rubbish. The ship building is excellent. But ship combat is a little too basic, so ship building is more for looks than anything. The ships do also serve as a home and any exterior customisations you make also change the inside of the ship. So there is some interest there. You can also build colonies with full custom buildings. I played around with it a bit and found it pretty boring, and mainly pointless.

Weapons are great, and there's so many. There's a lot of depth to the skills. A lot of customisation you can make. Many different weapons, weapon types, many different armours with different stat boosts.

But one of the biggest flaws of the game is NG+. I won't spoil what the NG+ is. When you get near the end you'll realise what NG+ is going to be. The game is heavily built around NG+. It expects you to make many run thoughs. On your first playthrough you'll barely scratch the surface of the abilities. But it's flawed. The game gives you all this amazing customisation. You can spend hours building your colonies, building a kick arse ship. Customising your perfect armour and weapons. Then when you start NG+, you lose all of it. You keep your skills, but you lose everything else. Colonies, ships, weapons, armour, everything. It feels like they didn't think it through. Like it was made by two different developers. One that wants you to stay in your current game and keep exploring the Universe. The other wants to funnel you to NG+ and treat it as a cycle. And these two things don't work well together.

There's many other flaws. For example, exploration is boring. Really boring. There's virtually no reason to explore. They throw a tonne of solar systems at you, each with many planets and moons. Over 1,000 planets and moons you can visit. And they're all boring. It's all randomly generated and there's nothing interesting on any of it outside of the missions that lead you to specific things. But you get these missions in the main cities, so there's really no point exploring. Unless you really like generic combat scenarios with a random chance of getting a good new weapon or armour.

I would still rate the game 8/10. There's enough good there to outweigh the bad. And it's definitely a must play. But it just feels like it could have been a much better game.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Microsoft accidentally uploaded a 20 page document to a public court website for an FTC case. The document is a few years old, but it contains tonnes of information that wasn't meant to go public, including full details, pictures and everything for the next versions of the XBOX Series X and S (both going digital only) as well as their new controller. Both planned for release next year. Details on a next gen version of RDR2, remasters of games including Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and plans to release the next XBOX in 2028. Heaps of stuff that never should have leaked.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rolled credits on Starfield. I have a weird love/hate relationship with the game. A lot annoyed me about the game, but when not playing it I just want to play it. Lies of P was my most anticipated game this year after playing the demo. I have Lies of P and I've played about 1 hour, because I just wanted to go back to Starfield. And as soon as I rolled credits, I started a New Game plus. But the game expects you to start a NG+. Without spoiling anything, a lot of the game is built around it.

As I said though, there's good stuff and bad stuff. I loved the story, and a lot of the side missions were really good. But a lot of the side missions are also rubbish. The ship building is excellent. But ship combat is a little too basic, so ship building is more for looks than anything. The ships do also serve as a home and any exterior customisations you make also change the inside of the ship. So there is some interest there. You can also build colonies with full custom buildings. I played around with it a bit and found it pretty boring, and mainly pointless.

Weapons are great, and there's so many. There's a lot of depth to the skills. A lot of customisation you can make. Many different weapons, weapon types, many different armours with different stat boosts.

But one of the biggest flaws of the game is NG+. I won't spoil what the NG+ is. When you get near the end you'll realise what NG+ is going to be. The game is heavily built around NG+. It expects you to make many run thoughs. On your first playthrough you'll barely scratch the surface of the abilities. But it's flawed. The game gives you all this amazing customisation. You can spend hours building your colonies, building a kick arse ship. Customising your perfect armour and weapons. Then when you start NG+, you lose all of it. You keep your skills, but you lose everything else. Colonies, ships, weapons, armour, everything. It feels like they didn't think it through. Like it was made by two different developers. One that wants you to stay in your current game and keep exploring the Universe. The other wants to funnel you to NG+ and treat it as a cycle. And these two things don't work well together.

There's many other flaws. For example, exploration is boring. Really boring. There's virtually no reason to explore. They throw a tonne of solar systems at you, each with many planets and moons. Over 1,000 planets and moons you can visit. And they're all boring. It's all randomly generated and there's nothing interesting on any of it outside of the missions that lead you to specific things. But you get these missions in the main cities, so there's really no point exploring. Unless you really like generic combat scenarios with a random chance of getting a good new weapon or armour.

I would still rate the game 8/10. There's enough good there to outweigh the bad. And it's definitely a must play. But it just feels like it could have been a much better game.
I’ve just started..probably take me forever to finish..

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The PS5 will be better value in the long run, games that come out for it in comparison to the PS4 will look better, run better and load much much faster.

Add to that the price of a PS4 pro these days won’t be worth it when you consider that it will be used and inflated and even more so if it ts brand new.

Forgot to add the control.. the dual sense is an amazing piece of hardware and is worth a reason alone to get the PS5.
Better value even though i am only playing once or twice a week, i guess the PS5 price is not crazy like it used to be, but $700 is not cheap

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Better value even though i am only playing once or twice a week, i guess the PS5 price is not crazy like it used to be, but $700 is not cheap
If you're okay to wait out - I am sure a "Slim" version of the PS5 is not far off.

The OG is huge AF. Probably around 40 cm high, and THICCCCCCCC

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
but will it be cheaper because it smaller?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
but will it be cheaper because it smaller?
Nah, it'll probably cost more based on recent stuff. The PS5 official RRP has increased since release. Microsoft are planning to release a smaller version of the Series X with no disc drive, and the reports state that it will be the same price.

The one bonus is that the PS5 is finally going on sale for decent prices. Eb games, Big W and several others currently have it on sale for $649 for the more expensive disk version.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, it'll probably cost more based on recent stuff. The PS5 official RRP has increased since release. Microsoft are planning to release a smaller version of the Series X with no disc drive, and the reports state that it will be the same price.

The one bonus is that the PS5 is finally going on sale for decent prices. Eb games, Big W and several others currently have it on sale for $649 for the more expensive disk version.
Wow, I got my ps5 disk version for $650 with a game included about four months back on ebay. Thought they would have come down a fair bit since then

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its really up to you, I turn mine on rarely and only use for exclusives. Still better value than buying a PS4 though.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, I got my ps5 disk version for $650 with a game included about four months back on ebay. Thought they would have come down a fair bit since then
I saw i can get it for $449 if i trade my PS4, that's bloody cheap considering they were $900 not so long ago

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw i can get it for $449 if i trade my PS4, that's bloody cheap considering they were $900 not so long ago
Trade in is a easier option for most than private sale, its how I tend to do it. Private may be better for the pocket but who wants to deal with randoms.

$900+ was from scalpers.

Last edited:

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trade in is a easier option for most than private sale, its how I tend to do it. Private may be better for the pocket but who wants to deal with randoms.

$900+ was from scalpers.
When they were super rare, my mates Son was somehow gettting his hands on them, and flogging them for heaps, he is sneaker mad so he was doing it to fund his Sneaker Addiction, worked out well for him before he started Uni

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
GTA 5 which I'm replaying. It's amazing how many missions I either forgot about completely or don't remember. Great game. Can't wait for 6.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When they were super rare, my mates Son was somehow gettting his hands on them, and flogging them for heaps, he is sneaker mad so he was doing it to fund his Sneaker Addiction, worked out well for him before he started Uni
People made a absolute mint by constantly buying them using bots.

GTA 5 which I'm replaying. It's amazing how many missions I either forgot about completely or don't remember. Great game. Can't wait for 6.
Thinking about playing it again too but will after Spider man 2.

I lost interest in Yakuza after all the constant running around doing useless shit blocking me from progressing in the game.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People made a absolute mint by constantly buying them using bots.

Thinking about playing it again too but will after Spider man 2.

I lost interest in Yakuza after all the constant running around doing useless shit blocking me from progressing in the game.
I have probably played about 5 Yakuza games. Each one I load and play for an hour, then turn off. I get why people love them, but they just don't click with me. And the fact that they take up so much time also turns me off. Just don't have the time to play them now days.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have probably played about 5 Yakuza games. Each one I load and play for an hour, then turn off. I get why people love them, but they just don't click with me. And the fact that they take up so much time also turns me off. Just don't have the time to play them now days.
I get the interest in them, started great for me but to make me sell properties and do other menial tasks so that I can progress in the story is a waste of time to me.