Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Depends where you bought it. Most places you will need it. If you're an EB Games member and you scan your card when buying it, you don't need the receipt. JB Hifi you often don't need the receipt as they keep the stuff registered in the system.
I thought so. I can't even remember where I bought my controllers from so will have to dig through my account.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What does that last paragraph mean mate? Out of warranty controllers get replaced by the store? And what is a launch controller?
You have rights under consumer law which overide any warranty, the place of purchase is responsible for sorting out your problem.

Stick drift is a know issue and stops the device working as intended (major issue) and under the ACL it should last much longer than the 1 year.

Any controller launch or not should be covered the same as new and old can suffer from it, you just need quote your rights under the ACL and they will buckle.

If the retailer is being a prick you can then take
It up with the manufacturer (Sony) and you need to quote the ACL with them too.

Fuck you're right, I've even pulled this stunt off numerous times with my TV and laptop lol. Why the fuck didn't I think of this for the controllers :tearsofjoy:
Haha, do it!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm over gaming completely.

Am I broken? What's wrong with me?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Happens time to time bro, I'm either into a game and play it plenty or can go months without playing anything.

PS5 hasn't been turned on since I can remember and my X gets used to play some Yakuza and thats about it for me, next month spiderman 2 and starfield come out so things might change.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ooooh baby a remastered version of Star Wars: Dark Forces is on the horizon. It will be tidied, and brought up to speed by Nightdive Studios.

The gameplay is great (Basically Doom), the storyline is fantastic, which actually used to be cannon but when Disney took over Lucas Films all that changed. However, some of its ideas and elements are still part of the ‘official’ Star Wars universe.

Will be on a number of platforms..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ooooh baby a remastered version of Star Wars: Dark Forces is on the horizon. It will be tidied, and brought up to speed by Nightdive Studios.

The gameplay is great (Basically Doom), the storyline is fantastic, which actually used to be cannon but when Disney took over Lucas Films all that changed. However, some of its ideas and elements are still part of the ‘official’ Star Wars universe.

Will be on a number of platforms..

Aweome. Their recent remake of System Shock is highly rated, and I loved their recent polishes of Quake and Quake 2

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I got the Hitman Trilogy (latest 3 Hitman games) and I'm yet to play them. They've been sitting on a USB for over a year. Instead I decided to play FIFA 10.

You can start laughing at me now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got the Hitman Trilogy (latest 3 Hitman games) and I'm yet to play them. They've been sitting on a USB for over a year. Instead I decided to play FIFA 10.

You can start laughing at me now.
They updated that recently. Anyone with Hitman 3 now gets access to content from all 3 Hitman games, and they added a bunch of new game modes. Apparently it's really good. I haven't touched it yet either with exception of playing 2 missions in the new Hitman 1.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They updated that recently. Anyone with Hitman 3 now gets access to content from all 3 Hitman games, and they added a bunch of new game modes. Apparently it's really good. I haven't touched it yet either with exception of playing 2 missions in the new Hitman 1.
Interesting. I'll have to look into that, I wasn't aware. Hitman is one of my favorite ever video game franchises, perhaps the greatest spy/assassin game series there will ever be.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Happens time to time bro, I'm either into a game and play it plenty or can go months without playing anything.

PS5 hasn't been turned on since I can remember and my X gets used to play some Yakuza and thats about it for me, next month spiderman 2 and starfield come out so things might change.
I only play Apex now for a hour or so a couple nights a week. A lot of girls play now which is weird, always talking about girly shit on the mic lol.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I only play Apex now for a hour or so a couple nights a week. A lot of girls play now which is weird, always talking about girly shit on the mic lol.
zero online for me now, triggers me to much these days.

Are you sure they are girls lol?!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Aweome. Their recent remake of System Shock is highly rated, and I loved their recent polishes of Quake and Quake 2
Here is a reveal trailer Hacky.. I was Gunna name my son Kyle* Well I fked that up royally..

*After Katarn not Flanagan..maybe his dad loved the game too! lol..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
zero online for me now, triggers me to much these days.

Are you sure they are girls lol?!
I'd rage so hard online, the fucking lag just infuriated me. I had to take a break from FIFA to finally get over it and accept that I'm just not really that good anymore.

Yes they're girls as far as I can tell, too risky to hand out any personal details to actually confirm that though lol.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i bought Detriot Become Human the other day, was only $15, so far it looks like a cool game

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i bought Detriot Become Human the other day, was only $15, so far it looks like a cool game
They gave it free to people who bought a PS5. That was the only reason I played it. I don't really like David Cage games (Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls), but really liked this one. Great Android Issac Asimov type story.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They gave it free to people who bought a PS5. That was the only reason I played it. I don't really like David Cage games (Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls), but really liked this one. Great Android Issac Asimov type story.
I dropped this when the game made me do chores

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Starfield reviews are out. They're a little bit mixed but generally favourable. IGN and Gamespot gave it 7/10, but those are pretty much the lowest scores. Many others gave it 9 or 10.

The criticisms seems to be that it's buggy. Not as buggy as other Bethesda games on release, but still buggy. There's some game mechanics that are terrible, and some missions that are poorly written. But it sounds like most of the issues can be fixed in patches and tweaks.

Many pointed out that it has no chance of getting RPG of the year due to Baldur's Gate 3 being way too good, but it still sounds like an excellent game and well worth the play.

It kind of reminds me of Cyberpunk on release (on PC, not console). Buggy and not the world changing game everyone hoped for, but still a great high scoring game.