Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah. I don't give two shits who I give money to. If slave children make the perfect game then I will write an angry letter to the developers, but I will probably finish the game first.

My only issue is Harry Potter. I only watched the first movie and only because I was forced to by two women. Didn't like it, still don't. Bunch of weird, weedy little English kids shouting Latin at each other.
What’s wrong with Latin! You really are intrinsically anti catholic aren’t you!!!! A real Anglican at your core. Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dammit, typo. Resi 4 remake.
Actually I think it came out 2 years ago. I haven't played any of them for years. Did they just remake the whole series?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that’s just a front. There is no way they didn’t receive a copy. Skill up also used that same excuse, how coincidental that these big reviewers didn’t receive a copy. I think a more logical answer is, a lot of them actually agreed with boycott or were too scared to make a review, so they made some bullshit up.

Skill up has a history of bringing politics into games and saying gaming companies like bungie should keep fighting real shit aka push leftist politics into games and have flags all over their twitter. Whether or not you agree with leftist politics, gaming was literally like a safe space for mostly boys to just enjoy gaming and forget about the real world for a bit. They’re taking that away
Eh. Skillup is good people. Have met him a few times and he's always dead honest. Somewhat shit taste in games though. But he's also independent. Gamespot is corporate owned, like IGN. They get grilled when they refuse to do their job.

Also have met a few of the Kinda Funny guys. They straight up said that they didn't get codes until 2 hours after embargo.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul Tassi a well known activist gaming journo at Forbes also copped massive backlash lmao. Literally not an ounce of sympathy for him as just a week ago, he was literally saying maybe it is a reason to not buy the game due to rowlings views. Then he comes out and says ok ima play this game and review it lol. Masssiveeeeee backlash

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eh. Skillup is good people. Have met him a few times and he's always dead honest. Somewhat shit taste in games though. But he's also independent. Gamespot is corporate owned, like IGN. They get grilled when they refuse to do their job.
Independent doesn’t mean he hasn’t got a bias though or a political agenda. I can find the tweet I’m referring to. I also believe he through all “conservatives” under the bus when he destroyed the last of us part 2.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is his tweet about no copy for hogwarts.

“No Hogwarts review from me tonight as I did not receive a review code. Not gonna go back and review it post embargo as Feb is packed and I'm working on other things.”
-skillup

Tell me that doesn’t sound like he’s boycotting without saying it honestly. He’s even saying he won’t do a review either way.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Independent doesn’t mean he hasn’t got a bias though or a political agenda. I can find the tweet I’m referring to. I also believe he through all “conservatives” under the bus when he destroyed the last of us part 2.
Nah, you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm saying that maybe he would do it because he's independent and can get away with it. But less likely that Gamespot would do it as it can effect their bottom line.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm saying that maybe he would do it because he's independent and can get away with it. But less likely that Gamespot would do it as it can effect their bottom line.
Yeah I did misunderstand my bad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is his tweet about no copy for hogwarts.

“No Hogwarts review from me tonight as I did not receive a review code. Not gonna go back and review it post embargo as Feb is packed and I'm working on other things.”
-skillup

Tell me that doesn’t sound like he’s boycotting without saying it honestly. He’s even saying he won’t do a review either way.
He's right though. He's a single independent reviewer. He has to pick what he reviews and if he can't review a game until after release, then his review isn't going to have any impact. It's not like IGN where they will just palm it off to a junior or a contractor. He has many other games he has to review himself before they release.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's right though. He's a single independent reviewer. He has to pick what he reviews and if he can't review a game until after release, then his review isn't going to have any impact. It's not like IGN where they will just palm it off to a junior or a contractor. He has many other games he has to review himself before they release.
Bro, heaps of people listen to his reviews he’d have a massive impact on it. Hogwarts legacy literally the biggest game of the year, as critic said broke twitch records. Was already best seller on all platforms, an independent reviewer would wanna jump on that no matter how many have reviewed. And like I said a lot of people trust his reviews over the bigger companies. I wish I had a Twitter account so I can spam ask him of why he won’t do a review for the biggest game of the year lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, heaps of people listen to his reviews he’d have a massive impact on it. Hogwarts legacy literally the biggest game of the year, as critic said broke twitch records. Was already best seller on all platforms, an independent reviewer would wanna jump on that no matter how many have reviewed. And like I said a lot of people trust his reviews over the bigger companies. I wish I had a Twitter account so I can spam ask him of why he won’t do a review for the biggest game of the year lol.
Yeah, he would have that impact if he got in early. At this stage he's just a late reviewer and they have very little impact or watch factor. By the time people saw his review they already would have made their mind up on the game. It just wouldn't be a good use of his time.

The only real benefit it would provide is if he did a 1 year later review to show the game's improvement over time.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has already replied to these kind of comments

View attachment 64956
Lol im sorry we’re gonna have to agree to disagree. If you look at his tone and language used with another game called for spoken which he didn’t get a copy for, he was wayyyyyy more laxed and actually apologises. I see a massive difference with his tonality.

And the guy asking him makes a great point. It seems really dumb for skillup not to review that game.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, he would have that impact if he got in early. At this stage he's just a late reviewer and they have very little impact or watch factor. By the time people saw his review they already would have made their mind up on the game. It just wouldn't be a good use of his time.

The only real benefit it would provide is if he did a 1 year later review to show the game's improvement over time.
I hope he gets spammed continuously so he finally breaks and admits he’s boycotting the game without saying he’s boycotting it. Let’s make a bet. If it ever is exposed, you make me mod for one day, if I am wrong ban me for a week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope he gets spammed continuously so he finally breaks and admits he’s boycotting the game without saying he’s boycotting it. Let’s make a bet. If it ever is exposed, you make me mod for one day, if I am wrong ban me for a week.
You're so weird brah