Opinion COGger in a fast Dogs wheel

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We have ourselves a COG in the weel that makes it spin fast guys. He just fit in beautifully and gave us attacking momentum. The team did their part and he was able to move the ball and contribute nicely.

This is exciting times for our depth. As we build experience for a lot of players with confidence and momentum we may find ourselves the most inexperienced top 4 team by 2020.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic game, deserves a round of applause!!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cooger wasn't as great but more games gets better :grinning:

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have ourselves a COG in the weel that makes it spin fast guys. He just fit in beautifully and gave us attacking momentum. The team did their part and he was able to move the ball and contribute nicely.

This is exciting times for our depth. As we build experience for a lot of players with confidence and momentum we may find ourselves the most inexperienced top 4 team by 2020.
Played really well for first game with the guys. However I see a big issue and it’s his thinking. He should be thinking ‘run’ first and ‘pass’ second, not the other way around. He missed a few great opportunities to bust them open in first half then potentially a try late in the game. I guarantee Andrew Johns and Thurston Both approached games that way. Far easier to ball play if you are s threat yourself

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played well but like everyone knows being a good player is consistency and being great is consistency and contribution

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Despite concerns I'll admit he played well and held his own.

Like Lewis on debut I dare say Pay told him to just do the basics and get them right.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger aimed up defensively against Munster. As i have mentioned before his biggest issue when we arent winning the ruck is his long kicking game, not enough length and is to high. Club seriously needs to get Kimmorley to work with him sooner rather than later, that or get the young fella to watch some of his games. He is a complete 7 and will complement our side well, just needs to fine tune this area of his game. The outside fake to inside ball he was playing all game isnt that easy to do, over time we could have our own little version of Cronk to Slater with Cogger to Meaney if they keep working on it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My knights mates said these guys were shit (meaney and cogger)... but ive been a supporter from the offset. Both of them have huge potential. Love the fact that once we sign Robson (hopefully) our spine will be set for years to come, with the exception of Foran playing a few games here and there when fit.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressed with his performance...he’s our man for sure

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thought he was good defensive, nothing overly impressive with the ball in hand. Promising signs though.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From what I saw today Cogger should get Lichaa’s spot on the bench when Foran returns
The question really is will Foran ever return and to be quite honest we are now in blooding youngsters for the future mode. We paid far too much for Foran who has basically had very few games with us because of injuries. Let the youngsters stand up and play for the dogs not for the money!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could only watch the game in the background today so didn't get a good look at how he or the others faired so if someone could give me a quick run down that would be great.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Late in the game he took the ball down short side at pace and gave it to Hoppa who got caught on last

I’d have to watch again but I swear if he shows and goes he scores

Good solid performance from him though linked up well with Lewis and JMK

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polly 2.0 perhaps [emoji848]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney and Okunbur have been great and I'm excited about their futures but I don't get the fuss about Cogger..

He's a solid player who won't do much wrong but the club should be aiming higher. Cogger seems like Hodkinson 2.0.

He was targeted in defence and found out for one of their tries... He also could have scored himself late in the game but rarely looked to run.

Don't get me wrong, he did a decent job on Sunday but surely he's not the long term answer. The next few months will give us more insight I guess...