Coaching Structure 2024

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Farah is poison wherever he goes. I give it six months before he backstabs Benji badly and tries to get him fired so he can take the job.
Agree. He’s a known sook too - the story goes from the bloke I know close to that club is if his EPL team lost on the weekend he wouldn’t talk until Tuesday - never mind how his own team were going! :tearsofjoy:.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Hmmmmm
I understood Jackson retired because he wanted to get into the physio world. That’s what was stated at the time.
Now he’s a coach.
This lends credence to the idea he genuinely was pushed a year ago.
So NrL were right to slug us. And once again Phil Gould lies in public.
when you tell a lie it gets exposed when this happens as it doesn’t make sense and Nasheed never forgets.
Reluctant though I am to cross swords with such a critical thinker, I have to say that this is complete and utter bollocks.

Firstly - coaching is slap bang in the middle of the "physio world". Secondly - Jackson didn't hold a coaching job last year, and, if he hadn't retired early - prompting Gus to call for salary cap relief - his contract would have finished by now anyway!

Malla

Reaction score
Few changes for next year
Jason Taylor assistant
Potter NSW cup coach
Luke Vella pathways
Josh Jackson jersey flegg coach
Steve Turner SG ball coach
Mason might be blue shirt lol
Top 3 have now been announced

Extremely happy for Luke to be taking care of pathways. Perfect man for it and given he’s coached the flegg team to the title he will be responsible for transitioning this group into first grade over the coming years

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is an assistant on paper, yes. Reports straight to CC, however he won't be doing much game day stuff. He's a transition coach which is just the pathways of juniors/reggies into first grade to make sure they are ready for first grade.
is that a new role?

Malla

Reaction score
is that a new role?
it was Tangles old role before Gus moved him to NSW Cup coach but he never replaced him.

I dont think Gus saw a point having a transition coach at the time when Baz was going to 'leave'. But now with the right coaching structure in place and Gus identifying this group of jersey flegg and harold matts teams as first graders of the future, it makes sense. Luke is just the right man for that job. He has coached these boys for a few years now, dogs junior himself and is a local. Knows what the club is about. Everyone says Luke works extremely hard as well. Looking forward to the next year.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
it was Tangles old role before Gus moved him to NSW Cup coach but he never replaced him.

I dont think Gus saw a point having a transition coach at the time when Baz was going to 'leave'. But now with the right coaching structure in place and Gus identifying this group of jersey flegg and harold matts teams as first graders of the future, it makes sense. Luke is just the right man for that job. He has coached these boys for a few years now, dogs junior himself and is a local. Knows what the club is about. Everyone says Luke works extremely hard as well. Looking forward to the next year.
Something worked extremely well with the HM and Flegg squads - the improvement in those teams from the beginning to end of season was significant - on field attitude at the end of the year in both teams was outstanding

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Strong coaching group but undecided on Randal's effectiveness or influence to this point? CC must have faith tho.

Those JF boys should be pumped. Ultimate success with Luke Vella. Now have JJ....Kangaroo, SOO and Bulldog legend to learn from.