Coaching Structure 2024

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Mason comment was on jest. It may still be Turner if he takes up the SG ball gig I am pretty sure the SG ball seasons wraps up early in the NRL year so he can still do both
Would be funny if it is Mase lol.

I doubt Zap will do both jobs... They would want someone around 24/7 to relay.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus mentioned he was giving Vella a promotion on his poddy this week.

Did Taylor get sacked for Potter to come in at Wests or was it the other way around?
Potter before Taylor I think. Didnt Farah get rid of Potter with the whole talking shit about Potter and Gordie called him out for it? Then Taylor got rid of overpaid Farah and Benji?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@Nasheed

JJ might have focused on physio all 2023 and being around the coaches more thought he’d like to go in that direction instead, a position came up so he grabbed it …

Maybe he said he’d be focusing on Physio at the time of retirement because there were no Bulldogs coaching roles available …?

Maybe he’s decided to change to coaching because it pays better than his physio gig …

Could be many things ..

People change their minds regularly, doesn’t have to be any conspiracy behind it ..
I reckon Gould said to him
‘Homes. You are taking up 650 on the payroll. It’s bad for the team.
Retire and I’ll keep you on the payroll. Coaxhes sorted for next year so can’t do anything so just chill as an assistant and in 24 we will kickstart u as a head coach
That fair my ninja?’
And JJ said yes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Gould said to him
‘Homes. You are taking up 650 on the payroll. It’s bad for the team.
Retire and I’ll keep you on the payroll. Coaxhes sorted for next year so can’t do anything so just chill as an assistant and in 24 we will kickstart u as a head coach
That fair my ninja?’
And JJ said yes
Well unless you were actually standing there in the room listening to the conversation at the time, you, like the rest of us, really don’t know what went down … you’re just making up your version of the story.

JJ also came out in the media and said it was 100% his decision to retire ..

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Few changes for next year
Jason Taylor assistant
Potter NSW cup coach
Luke Vella pathways
Josh Jackson jersey flegg coach
Steve Turner SG ball coach
Mason might be blue shirt lol
So chad Randall is gone?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope orge and mason stay in a capacity especially development the kids coming through get there passion
Good in theory but had zero effect this season.

Reactions: ATT

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Off to Warriors to coach their NSW cup team
Glad to hear he’s still coaching even if it’s not with the dogs. Thought he’d done a good job til they fell off as the nrl side did

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DOG'S FINEST CLUBMAN

Mick Potter to coach NSW CUP next year.

Canterbury legend Mick Potter is a wonderful clubman who will do anything to help the Bulldogs climb from near the bottom of the ladder.

Even if it means stepping aside to allow Jason Taylor to join Cameron Ciraldo in an assistant's role.

Potter did a great job in 2022 as acting
NRL coach, in fact better than what Ciraldo has done, even with a stronger squad. He is expected to be coaching reserve grade next year.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can
Potter said.

It looks like I'll be doing reggies (NSW Cup) and assisting Ciro with the NRL team.

I'm sure Jason (Taylor) will add some value to the coaching staff."

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did Taylor get sacked for Potter to come in at Wests or was it the other way around?
Other way around. Pots left the Tigtanic and coached Fiji for a while. Then Taylor ended up dropping Farah who threw his toys out of the cot and signed with Souths before he came back under Madge. Farah poisoned the waters for both Pots and Taylor though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Few changes for next year
Jason Taylor assistant
Potter NSW cup coach
Luke Vella pathways
Josh Jackson jersey flegg coach
Steve Turner SG ball coach
Mason might be blue shirt lol
I'd pay money to see Mase as a blue shirt lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
DOG'S FINEST CLUBMAN

Mick Potter to coach NSW CUP next year.

Canterbury legend Mick Potter is a wonderful clubman who will do anything to help the Bulldogs climb from near the bottom of the ladder.

Even if it means stepping aside to allow Jason Taylor to join Cameron Ciraldo in an assistant's role.

Potter did a great job in 2022 as acting
NRL coach, in fact better than what Ciraldo has done, even with a stronger squad. He is expected to be coaching reserve grade next year.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can
Potter said.

It looks like I'll be doing reggies (NSW Cup) and assisting Ciro with the NRL team.

I'm sure Jason (Taylor) will add some value to the coaching staff."
You can't hate the bloke....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Other way around. Pots left the Tigtanic and coached Fiji for a while. Then Taylor ended up dropping Farah who threw his toys out of the cot and signed with Souths before he came back under Madge. Farah poisoned the waters for both Pots and Taylor though.
Farah is poison wherever he goes. I give it six months before he backstabs Benji badly and tries to get him fired so he can take the job.