Opinion Coaching Process

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Those on here who think the kennel / supporters could influence the board to remove Gus if our new coach struggles should be locked up.
His a whale in a fish bowl. The days of no plan are over. Some of you are seriously deranged. And the crap of bagging every could be coach is ridiculous. True supporters don’t take every opportunity to bring the club down.
There are quite a few on here that are Football and/or Leagues Club Members and we get to vote for the Board. So fark yes, we do have influence, of course some have affluence and some even effluence.

Always a Bulldog

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fittler is not happening....He never was on the radar, just BS media speculation. 0% chance of it happening

The club did sound out Steve Price a couple of months ago and he declined (Do not ask me why they sounded him out as i dont know)

Gus wants Ciraldo to come over as an assistant with the view of Ciraldo taking over the head coaching job in a few years
So it's Flanagan?

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fittler is not happening....He never was on the radar, just BS media speculation. 0% chance of it happening

The club did sound out Steve Price a couple of months ago and he declined (Do not ask me why they sounded him out as i dont know)

Gus wants Ciraldo to come over as an assistant with the view of Ciraldo taking over the head coaching job in a few years
This makes no sense. Ciraldo to come as an assistant with view to taking over from Brettnall who is a rookie.

I'd get that scenario if Bennett was holding the fort for 2 years before retirement but not a rookie, it doesn't add up.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus is going all out trying to get Ciraldo as Head Coach, problem is he’s got a massive long term deal from the Tigers already on the table; he’s the highest paid assistant in the game already at a great organisation. Ciraldo also has a deal to take up whenever he wants to take over from his old coach Bennett at the Dolphins. This is what we’re up against.
Gus has also met with another possible Head Coach on the last few days

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there is a betting market for the next Bulldogs coach, slap $20 on Marc Brentnall
Gus is going all out trying to get Ciraldo as Head Coach, problem is he’s got a massive long term deal from the Tigers already on the table; he’s the highest paid assistant in the game already at a great organisation. Ciraldo also has a deal to take up whenever he wants to take over from his old coach Bennett at the Dolphins. This is what we’re up against.
Gus has also met with another possible Head Coach on the last few days
Why would Gus be talking about how important it is for us to get experienced coach and then look at rookies like Ciraldo and Brentnall? Makes no sense . If they fail, Gus will lose all credibility

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo does not want to come to the Dogs nor the Tigers....Ciraldo will stay and wait at Penrith

They have already signed a head coach...all the fuss now is about the coaching support staff around the head coach
So who did they sign ?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What's the alternative, saying that we have already picked who we want so that no one else even bothers applying. Surely the best way to get the most applications is to say we haven't even opened applications yet. That way they have time to get their resumes in order, talk to their managers and have their lawyers examine the get out clauses for whatever contracts they currently hold.
That and the decision won’t be based on ‘What Dogs fans want’. Nor should it be. Odd conclusion.