Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
1) Mbye is killing it, we dont need a FB, and 2) Why now, Gutherson hasn't played this year yet?

Hayne isnt going to be so good they will offload Gutherson. Hayne is a myth these days, and not better than gutherson. Unless Hayne starts killing it super fast, i call Gutherson is straight back at FB when returns from injury.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Clit can play 5/8 but he's not off contract and Parra aren't letting him go.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Clit can play 5/8 but he's not off contract and Parra aren't letting him go.
And we also do not need a 5/8. I mean JMK, Lewis, Frawley, Cleeland, Cogger, Brown all can play 5/8. How many 5/8s do we need ffs lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And we also do not need a 5/8. I mean JMK, Lewis, Frawley, Cleeland, Cogger, Brown all can play 5/8. How many 5/8s do we need ffs lol.
We absolutely do need a 5/8, none of them are established and we can't just keep waiting around for someone to stand up. If there's a better player available then we should jump at them to fill a gap in the squad.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We absolutely do need a 5/8, none of them are established and we can't just keep waiting around for someone to stand up. If there's a better player available then we should jump at them to fill a gap in the squad.
You cant have established players in every position. Theres a thing called salary cap. Even my fantasy team wont let me have the best players in every position. You have to have some cheap players that go well, which could be players like JMK and Lewis at this stage of their careers.

We still need more time to determine if JMK or Lewis are long term prospects for half, before we even bother looking for more. Cogger is supposedly coming too. We wont sign any new halves for years from here imo

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In fact i doubt we sign ANY spine players for a number of years from here. Lock in Foz, Mbye, Lichaa and one of JMK, Lewis, Cleeland, Frawley, Cogger.

We have enough forwards. Debate is who are the best ones to use at any given time.

With Mozz brothers retiring after this or next year (depending on how they go this year), we will most likely be looking for centres/wingers next. But i doubt they start looking until they are sure when Mozzes are retiring, as they need their wages in the cap to buy other players.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a 5/8 mate..
Let jmk do his thing an prove himself!
Do a great job thus far, also have other options in the waiting if it doesn’t work out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You cant have established players in every position. Theres a thing called salary cap. Even my fantasy team wont let me have the best players in every position. You have to have some cheap players that go well, which could be players like JMK and Lewis at this stage of their careers.

We still need more time to determine if JMK or Lewis are long term prospects for half, before we even bother looking for more. Cogger is supposedly coming too. We wont sign any new halves for years from here imo
And like i said before, none of them are established and it's as simple as that at this stage. I'm not saying we give up on them, i'm just saying we keep our options open and if someone better comes along then we should look into it because at this stage 5/8 is still a weakness. We can't just keep playing the nice guy and waiting for players to develop because we will never win a comp like that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have a 5/8 mate..
Let jmk do his thing an prove himself!
Do a great job thus far, also have other options in the waiting if it doesn’t work out.
We have a player that might be our 5/8. He has never been a standout player but he has a chance to step up and has made a good start for us so far. We can't just get stuck in the cycle of just giving the next bloke a crack, we won't ever win like that.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a player that might be our 5/8. He has never been a standout player but he has a chance to step up and has made a good start for us so far. We can't just get stuck in the cycle of just giving the next bloke a crack, we won't ever win like that.
He’s thee more for now mate, an has shown that he is level headed and is doing all the small things right, I believe he will cement the no6 position.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s thee more for now mate, an has shown that he is level headed and is doing all the small things right, I believe he will cement the no6 position.
We're going to need more that that if we want to win a comp. We need to keep our options open and if a better player comes on the market we need to be in a position to make a play for them. Knights jumped at the chance to sign Pearce for example, they didn't go naa we have Lamb and Cogger and will just wait for them to do what Pearce can.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We don't have the bottomless cap that teams like the Roosters and Broncos have. We can't be blowing money on "potentially" a better halves player... we need to trust who we have and try and make one work, only buying up a better halves player if there is literally no other option.

You'd be looking mid $400k for a reasonable half these days to play alongside Foran... we can't afford that.

Status
Not open for further replies.